Mysticpuma

The future of Clod after v5.00, just a few thoughts.

On 8/21/2018 at 9:58 PM, fogpipe said:

Im not incapable of doing it, i just choose not to encourage such poor design

You need to tell it to those designing the Spitfire and Hurricane. It is really not very historical to place it where you want it , is that in front of gunsight? Would that be ok

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, InProgress said:

It would be quite cool tho. A map that starts in 1940 and last for 4 years. That would be one long career ūüėÜ Would love to see that progress, starting with offensive at france, then flying across channel and then defending at france. When technology changes and from Bf109E1 you end up in Bf109G6 :]

Agree. If it is a success and carries on one after the other there is no way they should skip an area that was so important. How they're ever going to get there before we're all dead I don't know but I'm not going to sit here and complain about it I'm a cup half full kind of guy :)

Edited by II./JG27_Rich

On 7/25/2018 at 10:18 AM, InProgress said:

It would bring more hate just like now lots of people that see BoS cry about 20$ premium planes. If you look at other games like Train sim or Microsoft Flying Sim where they have spam of little dlc that cost 5-15$ or so. People hate it because there is so much dlc. I know it's stupid... there is no difference if you buy 5 planes for 10$ or would buy super plane expansion for only 50$!! But people are stupid and they need every single plane...

You know what all DLC from the Train sim cost -> $7000 and people cry to pay $250 on 50% sale for all content what IL-2 Great Battles Series has. They always cry because they compare prices from AAA games where you pay after 6 months only $9,99 for the whole game. That's really a huge problem because people don't understand it why a four year old game still cost $50 or $80 where other AAA games dropped under $9,99 on sale. Next are the DLC single plane for $20 but eight planes for $50.  You can very easy say the Devs cut off content to sell it for a premium price

If you need or not that DLC depends always if you really need it, what you play and how you play........if you play MP you need it because there are maps where you can fly these planes. Why to fly the G-4 when you can fly the G-6 on these map with much better fire power than G-4, just one example.

You don't need these dlc in train simulator. It's just for you to pick few you like and want to use. No one would buy it all. Why anyone would want to have 100 trains anyway. Nothing wrong in having 7000$ dlcs if they are made for players to pick these they like.

13 hours ago, InProgress said:

You don't need these dlc in train simulator. It's just for you to pick few you like and want to use. No one would buy it all. Why anyone would want to have 100 trains anyway. Nothing wrong in having 7000$ dlcs if they are made for players to pick these they like.

Why would anyone want to have 100 planes?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Danziger said:

Why would anyone want to have 100 planes?

To ensure that they can fully participate in the main point of flight simming - that being the discussion and endless arguing of the flight and damage models in forums. ūüėČ

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2018 at 3:50 AM, BOO said:

To ensure that they can fully participate in the main point of flight simming - that being the discussion and endless arguing of the flight and damage models in forums. ūüėČ

How many does a patched up 1946 have now..over 300?

1 hour ago, II./JG27_Rich said:

How many does a patched up 1946 have now..over 300?

And how many you flew more than 5min? Even if that was 10h, it's still nothing, barely to test it and try out. And you would have over 3000h. This is why huge numbers of vehicles means nothing in sim. You pick the one you like not fly everything. Or you will get good with one, for example bf109s or you suck at everything.

S!

¬†Comparing original IL-2 to BoX is quite irrelevant. Original one has been around for some 18 years and making stuff for it has evolved and is easier than to BoX. But you are right that rather have a few WELL done planes than a gazillion generic ones you propably never fly. Can¬īt cater for everyone. Adding stuff for the sake of it just bloats the game to a mess devs can not control feasibly. WT is a good example :P

On ‚Äé8‚Äé/‚Äé20‚Äé/‚Äé2018 at 11:52 AM, fogpipe said:

If the new update includes a way to get a heading in degrees while flying i might buy it again.

I got a refund on the clod steam purchase i made because i couldnt find a way to get a heading displayed on screen and the compass was blocked by the virtual pilots stick.

I might have stuck with trying to figure it out but with the refund deadline approaching fast i decided to request a refund rather than spend the time on a work around.

I dont usually support games that follow the paid dlc model and i dont plan on buying any extra planes for either il2 bos or il2 cod, should i choose to buy it again.

There is a facility to display it on screen in CloD, you press lctrl F1 to enable the HUD view. Granted this facility is disabled in most online servers, but that decision is their choice, not the developers. It will display heading information without you having to do 'gymnastics'.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:17 AM, fogpipe said:

It isnt a huge problem, unless i have to crane my neck around and up and down to try to see something essential and the trackir curves im using work for virtually every other game that has all axis movement.

It would have been ok, and i would have liked to have kept the game, if the devs would have been smart enough to find a way to display a heading on screen for these aircraft.

And im not buying a second monitor to be able to play a game or move the stick to affect my flight path. If you guys want to take extraordinary measures to get basic functionality out of a game, thats fine with me, i prefer not to.

If there is a clod update that displays heading on screen, i would probably buy it, but there are too many good games out there to bother with such kludgy and clutzy design.

ūü§¶‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹ

On 8/19/2018 at 12:07 PM, DD_Arthur said:

I

The task for TFS is to attract as many as possible of the two-hundred thousand plus people who originally bought CLoD to buy TF5.0.

Holy shit! That`s a lot for a flightsim, even if only a 4th of that was bought during the first 3 months.

If there is player base of say 300000 for all flightsims then we`re not dead yet.

Ubisoft sold just under a million copies of IL2 - in all its iterations - on disk.  No idea what 1C shifted but it must have brought the total to over a million.

On 7/25/2018 at 9:00 AM, Mysticpuma said:

Personally I hope they reconsider their options and look at building a P-51B/C, P-47 Razorback and maybe a B-25. Something to grab the large untapped American Market which should bring some much needed finances to the table. There is also the decision to create the 190 A4, but with the above aircraft the A5 would be a better strategy?

Simply put, without the large American Market getting involved, I don't see them going much further than v5. 00 :(

IMO Blitz and TF content can possibly hurt BoX sales only if they release the same content in the same year. If BoBP comes out in say March 2019 then I think nothing will hurt it if TF puts out a 1944 Normandy content a year later. Some people are willing to buy whole packages for just one plane, so maybe modelling something no one done before would be a thing to bring people back. I know I`d buy anything to give me the Me410/Mosquito.

That said I think most of the playerbase just gravitates to what the majority of ppl play daily, anyway.

On 9/10/2018 at 5:39 AM, DD_Arthur said:

Ubisoft sold just under a million copies of IL2 - in all its iterations - on disk.  No idea what 1C shifted but it must have brought the total to over a million.

Figure in total is somewhere over 2 million for the original IL-2 series.

CoD has sold over 200,000.

After 5.0, i'll go with a small patch , just to get some‚ā¨‚ā¨‚ā¨... like the following for example ...;)...
1942  channel...add the wurger a2+a3 and the spit9M61 and the mustang A (just to attract americans buyers) and a bomber on each side.
Maybe expand the map slightly to east so we can get JG26 airfields (depending on needed work, in il246 it's rather easy, don't know the map tool on CLoDo ).

then, maybe Battle of¬†France (once again, map further to east and south) and meanwhile working on the Malta map...ūüėĚ

Yes, ok, i want my w√ľrger.....:blush:

Edited by JV69badatflyski

6 hours ago, JV69badatflyski said:

After 5.0, i'll go with a small patch , just to get some‚ā¨‚ā¨‚ā¨... like the following for example ...;)...
1942  channel...add the wurger a2+a3 and the spit9M61 and the mustang A (just to attract americans buyers) and a bomber on each side.
Maybe expand the map slightly to east so we can get JG26 airfields (depending on needed work, in il246 it's rather easy, don't know the map tool on CLoDo ).

then, maybe Battle of¬†France (once again, map further to east and south) and meanwhile working on the Malta map...ūüėĚ

Yes, ok, i want my w√ľrger.....:blush:

We can't comment at this stage on what will be the next module after TF 5.0... entirely depends on the success of TF 5.0.

Certainly if we go to a new module, the Focke-Wulf 190A will be the #1 priority... A-1/A-2/A-3/A-4, including Fighter-Bomber variants.

Thanks Buzz, but really hopes for the wurger asap, what's missing in the game is a better planeset, make the wurger and the spit9 and you'll see people coming back.
I heard oleg telling a new airplane needs like 6 months devlopping time because mostly of the dm, but i'm sure you already started working on one....:pilot:

5 hours ago, JV69badatflyski said:

Thanks Buzz, but really hopes for the wurger asap, what's missing in the game is a better planeset, make the wurger and the spit9 and you'll see people coming back.
I heard oleg telling a new airplane needs like 6 months devlopping time because mostly of the dm, but i'm sure you already started working on one....:pilot:

I thought that BoBp had the Spit 9 and the Wurger 8, so what makes you think that players will come flocking back to CLOD?

Spitfire Mk.IX is too new for patch 5. That's more like Italy

Edited by II./JG27_Rich

I can't wait for fw190, but i don't think there will be much to bomb with it in channel. Hope for some africa ground attacks and maybe italy later :)

20 hours ago, InProgress said:

I can't wait for fw190, but i don't think there will be much to bomb with it in channel. Hope for some africa ground attacks and maybe italy later :)

I think you'll be surprised to see how much there is to bomb in the channel...  ;)

Wait for the next update, you'll see some of the new toys which will float, (or sink)¬† in the channel.¬† ūüėé

On 11/25/2018 at 8:57 AM, Haza said:

I thought that BoBp had the Spit 9 and the Wurger 8, so what makes you think that players will come flocking back to CLOD?

Not the same spit9, i was talking about the spit9 M61 completely different beast than the one produced from half43 with M63/66.
Don't see what a 190a8 has to do with a 190a2/a3 t,here is like more than a 2.5years difference on a time line :wacko:

Players will be back cause it will be something new, something Box can't provide , nor the planes, nor the map.
Add a B17 as ai and Dieppe here we go... and there are players that like to have some automatic recovery in their stuka's ans some more advanced DM :dance:

On 11/27/2018 at 3:22 AM, JV69badatflyski said:

Not the same spit9, i was talking about the spit9 M61 completely different beast than the one produced from half43 with M63/66.
Don't see what a 190a8 has to do with a 190a2/a3 t,here is like more than a 2.5years difference on a time line :wacko:

Players will be back cause it will be something new, something Box can't provide , nor the planes, nor the map.
Add a B17 as ai and Dieppe here we go... and there are players that like to have some automatic recovery in their stuka's ans some more advanced DM :dance:

JV69badatflyski,

Thank you for your reply, however, in your OP¬†you wrote the¬†following "wÔĽŅhat's missing in the game is a better planeset, make the wurger and tÔĽŅhe spit9 and you'll see people coming back".¬†I¬†was merely pointing out that within BOX¬†there is already the "wurger" A-3, 5 and 8 and the Spit MK¬†VB and IX (no specific models were¬†mentioned), therefore, these frames are already available so I was unsure as to why you believed¬†that players would come flocking back for the 190A2/A3¬†or Spit MK9 M61?¬†

In addition, I'm confused as to why you believe that "Players will be back cause it will be something new, something BOX can't provide, nor the planes, nor the map"  as certainly since I stopped playing CLOD in about 2014, nothing really new has appeared, although during this same period the BOX franchise have produced a number of different frames and maps.  In addition, as has been mentioned numerous times, the franchise of BOX has no intention of competing with Team Fusion with it's current aspirations of maps and frames etc and Jason has been on record to confirm this, therefore, that is why BOX isn't or can't provide this. 

I believe that the success of Team Fusion will depend on players investing in the TF5.0 product and as I'm sure that you can see from my profile, I certainly buy above and beyond regarding BOX and indeed have no problems gifting as well to support the team and I hope to do the same with TF5.0, if it is worth it.  Therefore, just giving advice and praise without actually showing any real financial commitment, I personally believe is worthless and as such I'm surprised that there isn't even a pre-order option to at least get the money rolling in.  However, perhaps Team Fusion needs to have a completed TF5.0 before they are able to sell the game and perhaps this is the fly in the ointment with its release date, who knows, although perhaps Buzz-Saw is unable to really discuss this because of contractual issues.

That said, just making a few new frames with the addition of one new map, may or may not have players flocking to the game as the current advancements being undertaken by BOX with such things as VR, new modeled pilots, new campaigns, WW1 additions, new maps, new SP campaigns, new graphics, new frames and even now tanks, may just be to much for Team Fusion to compete with, although I would like to think that if the product was good enough and not just a re-badged version of the current game, I would certainly be interested in purchasing TF5.0 and beyond.  

Regarding your JU-87 and B-17 comments, the current BOX Ju-87 dive recovery system for me is not a major issue and I can live with it,  however, the inclusion of proper 4 engine bombers I believe will eventually be an issue for both Team Fusion and BOX, as everybody would like to see them in either game.  Therefore, I certainly agree with you that perhaps if Team Fusion were able to complete this task and do it well, I'm sure that this would be an additional enhancement to attract new players, as the thought of crewing a 4 engine bomber really appeals to me.

Lastly, In a nut shell, as has been mentioned by Buzz-Saw, perhaps the future post TF5.0 release depends on it selling, so currently all we can do is hope and wait that TF5.0 is released and is a success before the next BOX installment is announced, as perhaps that would be the final nail in the coffin for CLOD under Team Fusion management. 

Regards

H

Edited by Haza

Just to let everyone know:

At Team Fusion we are confident the additions of a new map, a large number and variety of new aircraft, new ships, vehicles and objects, as well as improvements in flight and damage modeling, AI modeling, graphics, weather and other systems  in an encompassing campaign will be of interest to the community.

We are determined to present something which is right '... out of the box', so players, both the new and the seasoned can enjoy an experience of the North African campaign in first time release in a Flight Sim.¬† ūüĎƬ† ūüõ©ÔłŹ

Hello @all,

sorry for the question, but i am a newONE in VR¬†ūüėĆ.

Will it be possible to fly with VR in 5.0?

Thank you for your HELP....ūüíč

With the best wishes for Christmass

Wolfskid

On 3/19/2018 at 2:17 PM, Buzzsaw said:

Hello All

VR support is definitely something we would like to implement, but at this point it is secondary to getting TF 5.0 out as soon as possible.  We do not want to delay the release.  A survey of users has indicated most would like a quick release rather than delaying for features like VR.

However VR is something we are developing and of course if the work goes more quickly we will include it... but no guarantees.

If it is not available for TF 5.0, we do hope to have this feature implemented sometime between the TF 5.0 release and TF 6.0.

Thanks  :salute:

@I./JG68_Wolfskid, here's your answer. 

8 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Just to let everyone know:

At Team Fusion we are confident the additions of a new map, a large number and variety of new aircraft, new ships, vehicles and objects, as well as improvements in flight and damage modeling, AI modeling, graphics, weather and other systems  in an encompassing campaign will be of interest to the community.

We are determined to present something which is right '... out of the box', so players, both the new and the seasoned can enjoy an experience of the North African campaign in first time release in a Flight Sim.¬† ūüĎƬ† ūüõ©ÔłŹ

Just seeing vehicles crossing bridges would give me all the hope I need to believe progress is being made ūüĎć

On 12/2/2018 at 11:36 PM, Buzzsaw said:

variety of new aircraft

Does this cover non-standard armament configuration aircrafts, too? - For example

Bf-109 "Friedrich"

image.png.1271a241f9094e6ac69f724d9e45a535.png

22 hours ago, Livai said:

Does this cover non-standard armament configuration aircrafts, too? - For example

Bf-109 "Friedrich"

image.png.1271a241f9094e6ac69f724d9e45a535.png

We will include the underwing gondola cannons for the 109F-4, but not the armament you show.

S!

¬†Will support TFS with 5.0 and beyond. CloD has it¬īs merits and a place among the top flight sims, with the touch of TFS. The golden age of flight sims is a thing of the past, but CloD and BoX are keeping the hobby alive.

• Like 1