8 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:

And the Meteor Mk.III would make for a nice BoBP collector...

I'd pay for that 3 times before Korea.

Loads of uncovered ground in WW2 & now WWI plus interwar period, SCW as you also mentioned for Korea to be a priority, at least for me. But if it came to it I would be happy enough to strap on a MiG-15bis and go B-29 hunting :) 

Edited by Pict

34 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Same.  Its never caught my interest and there is still so many theaters of WW2 still to go.  For Jets, my preferences are already being covered by DCS.

Well - you get to decide for yourself and hold your own opinion with regard to what fills your own needs of course.

That said, you will never fly Korean War aircraft in KOREA unless this team makes it happen. 

Personally I want a fleshed-out PTO first though.

7 hours ago, Diggun said:

And a Sea Fury in the BoX engine would be a proper dream come true. Every time I go to Duxford and see all the warbirds lined up, it's the Sea Furies that most tempt me to just sprint for the cockpit. They're like a Bearcat, but with class ;)

seafury.jpg.a8b60d02f3c7699e3212883fc3942e78.jpg

I'm with you on this Diggun! An all time favourite of mine. I got some fab photos of this same one at Duxford the other weekend, so I would vote for Korea for the same reason. I saw a mock dogfight between a Bearcat and a Sea Fury at Oshkosh many years ago. Amazing stuff!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 216_Yakdriver said:

*checks own heart rate*

Nah. Nothing.

I would say you need to to see a Doctor, but if it's still nothing you must already be dead ;)

32 minutes ago, 216_Yakdriver said:

*checks own heart rate*

Nah. Nothing.

Brain dead after a short time of that.

Damn i have not expected such a response.

The Groundpounding missions and the MiG Alley memories are still here and it was a hell of fun. It was something new, new planeset, not a WW2 and i believe there where no B-29's in that game

To be fair, it wouldn't have to be the end of the WW2 theaters, but it would give a good excuse to start giving more late war props and early jets a go.

Never flown in a proper Korean War sim... part of me thinks it might be very interesting... part of me thinks I'll be another one that will be dead anyway before they get around to it.

I've got the DCS Sabre and Mig 15, but never really bothered flying them properly as I am always pulled back to WWI and WWII, so that probably indicates that is where I should stay, lol!

13 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

I've got the DCS Sabre and Mig 15, but never really bothered flying them properly...

...arguably not possible without a Korea map.

Korea is great, because it blends the dawn of the prop-age into the jet-age. The map is also interesting (lots of mountains, subtropical during the summer, freezing cold in the winter, naval ops off-shore).

Other very interesting scenarios would be Indochina up to 1954 (problem is, there wouldn't be too much Aerial opposition for the French) and Northern Africa (post ww2).

That's mainly because the French aircraft arsenal was...um...friggin awesome.

They had something of everything.

I started watching Ken Burns' Vietnam the other night, starting with the early war/French years.

It's illuminating to say the least.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:

And the Meteor Mk.III would make for a nice BoBP collector...

Ahh...that would be wonderful.

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

I started watching Ken Burns' Vietnam the other night, starting with the early war/French years.

It's illuminating to say the least.

It was startling to see the mistakes the French made early in their Vietnam War repeated by the U.S. when it became their turn. A series not to be missed.

I say, no, no and no, Korea and or Vietnam and all air wars after WW2 are of different type of air combats where technology is more important than the men that piloted them.

Yes, there were still piston driven planes but those where not important to the victory in the air. And even in the case of jet engines only the fast ones dominated the sky.

Humans where pushed into a secondary role, technology first. So please, no Korea, Vietnam or Six days, etc … air games with the IL2 game engine behind it. I should and shall not buy them. :salute:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Nah - you’re off-base there on a few levels.

Especially with regard to your assertions on Korea.

There has been a lot of interesting content coming out lately concerning different wars and types of warfare.  It has served to lessen my interest in 777/1C's offerings because all of it is a detour from the Pacific..  I bought it all and have played none of it.  I want to hear some Pacific noise from the devs real soon.

12 hours ago, Royal_Flight said:

I would rather have anything other than another eastern front release. 

I like having one thing that is developed as much as possible with huge number of planes, there is still lots of missing german planes, ju87 b2, bf110f2, do17, sea planes, some Romanian planes would be cool as well. I simply dislike jumping to new theatre and making one expansion, just like BoBP does. It's so random, small number of playable aircrafts and random moment in war. While in russia you can start in moscow 41 and end up in kuban 43 having bunch of planes and watching them all over as AI fly it. BoBP you will see 10 planes, maybe few german too from kuban. There is still plenty to do on eastern front, Leningrad, Charkov, Poland 44, battle of berlin. One big frint that would allow player to experience entire war from 41-45 flying in career on iron mode. So I hope for lots of expansions on ostfront, then Pacific and since they started bobp, would be cool to get normandy and expand a bit of west front.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InProgress said:

I like having one thing that is developed as much as possible with huge number of planes, there is still lots of missing german planes, ju87 b2, bf110f2, do17, sea planes, some Romanian planes would be cool as well. I simply dislike jumping to new theatre and making one expansion, just like BoBP does. It's so random, small number of playable aircrafts and random moment in war. While in russia you can start in moscow 41 and end up in kuban 43 having bunch of planes and watching them all over as AI fly it. BoBP you will see 10 planes, maybe few german too from kuban. There is still plenty to do on eastern front, Leningrad, Charkov, Poland 44, battle of berlin. One big frint that would allow player to experience entire war from 41-45 flying in career on iron mode. So I hope for lots of expansions on ostfront, then Pacific and since they started bobp, would be cool to get normandy and expand a bit of west front.

For me its the flying that is the star of the show, and the nuances of the individual AC that you need to learn to fly them well. Best thing about BoBP for me is that it brings a lot of new toys to the table, even more so when we get the pacific.

I get what you are saying about this being stand alone and not part of a larger series, but this was designed to be a filler, until they are ready to do the pacific after all.

I agree that I would not like to see focus move away from WWII in favour of Korea as like you say there is still so much to do, but if they could do both at the same time  . . .  why not ?

2 hours ago, InProgress said:

I simply dislike jumping to new theatre and making one expansion, just like BoBP does. It's so random, small number of playable aircrafts and random moment in war.

That's why I want Sicily to be done after BoBp (or any Western front 1943, Sicily seems most appropriate), so we could have an evolution 1943-1944. Ideally I would have liked to see North Africa 1942, so we would have an evolution 1942-1944 for the western front, but with CoD going to North Africa, I don't think we're likely to see this 

1 hour ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

That's why I want Sicily to be done after BoBp (or any Western front 1943, Sicily seems most appropriate), so we could have an evolution 1943-1944. Ideally I would have liked to see North Africa 1942, so we would have an evolution 1942-1944 for the western front, but with CoD going to North Africa, I don't think we're likely to see this 

Maybe they would do Malta 1942 as a practice for the Pacific.  They could slap some tropical filters on existing aircraft and sell them again, plus make a new map that is 90% water.  It would be quite cost effective now that much of the other assets are now in place.  The flight times between Sicily and Malta are small and it would suit the dogfight focused style of game  that the developers can afford. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

You won't see it. It was said by box dev as well. They won't go into their way and clod won't go into box way. You won't see pacific in clod and you won't see mediterrarian in box.

55 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Maybe they would do Malta 1942 as a practice for the Pacific.  

Malta was fan made map for CloD, so there is a chance for it to be next clod expansion. Also since it's part of mediterrarian, i doubt it will happen in box.

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

Malta was fan made map for CloD, so there is a chance for it to be next clod expansion. 

I never saw a Malta map for CloD.  Do you mean that bizarre retexture of the Isle of Wight that tried to make it look like a stony desert?

Well, i would rather ww2 battles to be covered first.....still lot of them left!

Somehow i don't see Korean planeset skill demanding as ww2 planeset.

Korea would be fun!! Lol acording to wiki the only plane a Skyraider shot down was a PO2 so we are half way there.

1 minute ago, AeroAce said:

Korea would be fun!! Lol acording to wiki the only plane a Skyraider shot down was a PO2 so we are half way there.

Didn't a Skyraider pilot down a MiG-17 in Vietnam?

2 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Didn't a Skyraider pilot down a MiG-17 in Vietnam?

Wiki says 1po2 for the entire war. But that is wiki!

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

I never saw a Malta map for CloD.  Do you mean that bizarre retexture of the Isle of Wight that tried to make it look like a stony desert?

1 hour ago, AeroAce said:

The Skyraider was a ground attack aircraft, not surprising it only shot down one aircraft, that was not it's job.

15 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

The Skyraider was a ground attack aircraft, not surprising it only shot down one aircraft, that was not it's job.

I know that smarty pants. I just thought it was funny.

2 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Do you mean that bizarre retexture of the Isle of Wight that tried to make it look like a stony desert?

Yes, that one.:o: 

It must have been a lot of work for Heinkill but I've been to the Isle of Wight and I've been to Malta.  What have they got in common?

Er.......er........oh yeah, they're both islands.:)

• Upvote 1

I would like Korea dlc but only after we get, Midway, then some East Front 1945 and some Italy 1944, and only then maybe Korea, so in 5-6 years maybe lol, also 2-3 slots for Korean airplanes ( Mig 15, Il-10 and maybe Tu2 is enought) and 7-8 for UN, as they have more interesting options, and probably B-29 as some simplefide AI only.

7 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Maybe they would do Malta 1942 as a practice for the Pacific. 

PTO is the plan, it's not a theoretical or a 'maybe'

You can wonder about what that PTO release might look like, but we're going to the Pacific next.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Is that insider info Gambit... or just your hopes  :)

“Hope” was something I needed when Loft was running the show. 

Jason has made his intentions very public - there’s a sticky thread on the front page.

Until/unless he makes an announcement to the contrary (which I don’t anticipate but it’s not impossible) then we’re still headed to PTO.

6 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Yet it still managed to kill two MiG-17s in Vietnam.

Not it's mission, but a large wing and 4x20mm will do some tricks against a fighter-pilot to smug about his turning-capabilities.

IIRC Jason said they'd love to go to Korea..but the size of the map is going to be a challenge. 

Most MiG sweeps launched from Kimpo/etc in the South and transited the entire length of the Korean peninsula before getting into combat..where WW2 was much more frontal aviation.