Pruciak

Tank crew singleplayer

I'm thinking about buying tank crew but i have a question: can I in the current state of the game play against computer controlled ai tanks and infantry on a choosen map? Not campaign, something like a quick mission?

You can play with tanks in quick mission builder and add tanks, trains, vehicles, arty and AA to the battlefield but not infantry.

How do you use tanks in QMB? When I click on them and try to start, it will not start? I have used single player tank missions, but not QMB in tanks?

S!Blade<><

4 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

How do you use tanks in QMB? When I click on them and try to start, it will not start? I have used single player tank missions, but not QMB in tanks?

S!Blade<><

I dont have TC but i tried Pz III and T-34 in Kuban and it worked just fine.

Ok, well it doesn't seem to work for me now that I have TC. I will have to investigate more. Thanks.

S!Blade<><

Works fine for me Blade.  In the QMB there are now tank icons on the maps.  Click on one of them and you can select your tank.

I've already sunk an E-Boat in the Black Sea with a KV1:cool:  

Sounds like fun, any other way to enjoy tanks at the moment besides QMB? 

When I click on tank in QMB I get no tank to select ( this is with mods on )

if I on mods off I can select choice of 2 tanks.

is this a bug 🐞 

I was very happy to buy TC from day one, even if just to help out. But it is pretty clear that,  for now,  there is only just enough content to allow us to have a veeeeeery superficial idea of what the game will shape up to be in the future. As it is now,  you can barely call it "playing",  regarding single player at least.

• Upvote 1

Oh yea. Try out some of my single player missions. Download below. 😀

I'm currently working on a new mission featuring the new player KV-1. :salute:

Place the Hold The Line folder in your Missions folder.

Place the included Audio folder in your Missions folder.

HoldTheLinev3005.rar

Edited by Thad
Updated
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Multiplayer however should already be enjoyable enough. I mean,  we alreasy have a tiger and a kv1 to shoot at eachother,  in the already well known gorgeous BoS maps.

12 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Works fine for me Blade.  In the QMB there are now tank icons on the maps.  Click on one of them and you can select your tank.

I've already sunk an E-Boat in the Black Sea with a KV1:cool:  

Got it, Thank you Sir. I am not sure what was wrong before, but when I clicked on the tank icon it wouldn't do anything. It is working now. I just sat on a hill and took out 8 artillery guns from 2800 meters???  It was 28 - 32 elevation on the gun sight. Anyone have any good operation manuals/explanations for the German & Russian gun sights?

S!Blade<><

Spoiler

1Utn15x.jpg

12 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

When I click on tank in QMB I get no tank to select ( this is with mods on )

if I on mods off I can select choice of 2 tanks.

is this a bug 🐞 

I had this problem and also the dashboard inside the tank was messed up( control letter "i"  indigo). I uninstalled all of my mods through JSGME and then started IL2 and turned off mods and restarted. It all worked fine for me then. I turned mods back on and it works fine. I am adding 1 mod at a time and testing. So far, so good. Maybe this will help You? Hope so.

S!Blade<><

Bought it! How can i look through the sights as the commander? Shift+t doesent work. 

5 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

Got it, Thank you Sir. I am not sure what was wrong before, but when I clicked on the tank icon it wouldn't do anything. It is working now. I just sat on a hill and took out 8 artillery guns from 2800 meters???  It was 28 - 32 elevation on the gun sight. Anyone have any good operation manuals/explanations for the German & Russian gun sights?

S!Blade<><

Reveal hidden contents

1Utn15x.jpg

I had this problem and also the dashboard inside the tank was messed up( control letter "i"  indigo). I uninstalled all of my mods through JSGME and then started IL2 and turned off mods and restarted. It all worked fine for me then. I turned mods back on and it works fine. I am adding 1 mod at a time and testing. So far, so good. Maybe this will help You? Hope so.

S!Blade<><

I will try that 🙏 

I’m interested. As a WoT addict and also War Thunder player (tanks...not planes), I’d love to actually drive tanks in a sim, but worry that this element may not develop into a full working package. A lot of irons in the fire at the moment. I’m all for supporting development, and have almost all other content, including FC, but $70 is quite a bit if this pack withers on the vine. Jason calls it an “experiment.”  It’s a pricy experiment. 

The fact that Thad is working on missions nudges me a bit, though. 

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:23 AM, Pruciak said:

Bought it! How can i look through the sights as the commander? Shift+t doesent work. 

Shift+1 will only snap you to the Gunners position with turret control. To show the gunsight press L Shift+T.

On 7/22/2018 at 6:47 PM, Thad said:

HoldTheLinev3005.rar

Mr Thad I wonder if you could put out the mission in 7-Zip format .

I use it especially when I would put up missions because it is free ,everyone has access to it.

439th_wtornado

1 hour ago, SCG_wtornado said:

Mr Thad I wonder if you could put out the mission in 7-Zip format .

I use it especially when I would put up missions because it is free ,everyone has access to it.

439th_wtornado

Here you go. :salute:

HoldTheLine2005c.zip

On 7/22/2018 at 3:47 PM, Thad said:

HoldTheLinev3005.rar

I gave in and bought TC. 😄 So, does this include the new tanks? I have the older version with the free tanks. 

Thank you for your excellent contribution, Thad. There aren't many mission makers who do tanks and I think that you're the most prolific.  

Salutations,

TC come with the two new tanks, the Tiger and the KV-1 heavy tanks. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

TC come with the two new tanks, the Tiger and the KV-1 heavy tanks. 🙂

Sorry for the confusion.  I meant the "Hold The Line" missions in your link, has it been updated with the new tanks? I have your old missions with just the T-34 and the Pz lll. Thanks.

Yes, the HTL 3 Kv-1 Gryada Defense mission features the player in the KV-1 heavy tank.

The file below is the latest version.

HoldTheLine2005c.zip

Edited by Thad
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BP_Lizard said:

Thank you for your excellent contribution, Thad. There aren't many mission makers who do tanks and I think that you're the most prolific.  

+1  :salute:

Salutations,

Thank you very much. I am pleased you like them. :salute:

It took me three days to get into the mission editor. Now its great fun and you can create your own missions with almost unlimited possibilities. Spawn 12 enemy and friendly tanks and watch them fight each other, its great. Historically correct, Pz III is easily killed by T34 whereas they are outgunned by Tigers and cannot pen it frontally. AI is a bit slow though and ignore you sometimes. They occasionally shoot at you with the gun pointing at the wrong direction which is weird.