Gwoodby

Application crash on career complete

Both in 3.005 and the previous release when my career ends when my unit is transferred the application hangs and the career appears to be corrupt.  When I try to enter the career from that point forward I get an application hang and I have to kill the application.  Is there any known fix for this and is there any way to recover my career?  I have a lot of time invested in my careers and I do not want to lose them.

I had a similar problem, my carrer didn't not start since i past on the winter section of the story.

The cutscene was started and the game just freeze.. i restarted the game but the screen is freezing on "Please Wait".

I have to kill the process manually.

I Try Run as admin IL2.exe, Disable UAC..

I will try to run the game on Windowed mod

Edited by S1teX

I have started a simmilar tread yesterday,with the same problem,finnished Moskva Campaign,and was offered the choice of transfer to other front-Stalingrad.And it just freezes thereafter.

Hello. I've just experienced a similar issue. I'm doing the Battle of Moscow Campaign, German side with the II./JG-52. I've just done a relocation mission to ''Starica'' airport. After the mission, I clicked ''Next Day'' and then the game got stuck on the ''please wait'' screen. Cursor don't move and I can't do anything. I can't close Il-2 even with CTRL+ALT+DEL. My only option is to power off my computer. Tried again after a restart of my computer, and when I click on my campaign, Il-2 crashs again and I need to restart my PC. It happened the 3.11.1941 in the career timeline just after the relocation like I said.

Do I need to join files to do a proper bug report ? And do the devs are aware of those problems ?

Thanks.

I found this on the Forum : https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/35771-how-to-save-a-broken-career-automission-start-failed-mission-save-error-statsubmitstatfailed/

It's explain How to modify an existing campaign and repaired the broken save ! 

I'll try this..

Edit : It's work for me, the cutscene on 1942.12.10 freeze my carrer. 

I set the date to 1942.12.11 and the mission start well. 

Edited by S1teX

That did not work for me because it will not transition to the new battle location.....I did that once before but I keep getting stopped at the career transistions