DetCord12B

Custom Tank Crew Textures

Awesome looking skins. Thanks. Are these regular skins that are dropped into skin folders like those for the ACs or a mod that would limit one to joining Mod On servers only?

They work normally, paste into "skin /_kv1s, and _pzvi-h1 folder" ,unless the custom skins are disabled by the server.
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to need a better idea of where these guys go as I don't have a mod folder (that I'm aware of - I know I used to ...).

The "mods" folder is not needed.Skins work the same way as airplane skins.

Just put these skins in : il-2 Sturmovik battle of xxxx/data/graphics/skins. In skins folder you need to create _kv1s and _pzvi-h1 folders if you dont have them.

You can select skins same way as airplane skins,under custom skins option in wehicle set up screen.

Sorry for my english.

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2018 at 2:29 AM, BP_Iceman said:

Hello!

Just few more skins for our tanks. Twoo fo Tigers and one for KV

KV-1 Winter 14th Guards tank regiment , Don front: "nr.5 Strong"(Silny")

Sch.Pz.Abt 503 "Panzergrau 332

Sch.Pz.Abt 501"JANNY",Tunissia

2018_8_18__15_5_.jpg?ver=02018_8_18__15_35_4.jpg?ver=02018_8_18__15_35_.jpg?ver=02018_8_18__15_35_44.jpg?ver=0

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/file/651uxar6snvvgug/Tank_skin_pack_2.7z/file

Awesome! Many thanks :)

• Like 1

Superb textures, thank you very much, really appreciated.:salute:

Seems rather strange having a tank you are able to change the scheme on, nice change from always adding skins for aircraft.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Am I correct in observing there are no layered templates yet? We must mod over an existing template, correct? 

If I am wrong, I'd love to to be directed to a layered template. 

Beautiful work so far! I love the new dimension. 

Thank you to all the artists that have begun making tank skins. I've got them all (I think) and they're being put to good use. :)

Did the developers mention, if it will be possible to use custom skins for AI tanks, vehicles and artillery too in the future? The Mission Editor already has an option to add skins to AI vehicles and artillery, but the skins don't show up in missions.

Apologizes if this is the wrong place to ask but is there a template for the T-34 anywhere?

On 10/6/2018 at 4:45 PM, LizLemon said:

Apologizes if this is the wrong place to ask but is there a template for the T-34 anywhere?

Nah, you'll have to pull the existing DDS file from the vehicles.gtp and edit it that way. I wouldn't suggest it as the parts are spread all over the place. Best to wait for the release of the TC T-34-76.

On 10/9/2018 at 4:11 PM, DetCord12B said:

Nah, you'll have to pull the existing DDS file from the vehicles.gtp and edit it that way. I wouldn't suggest it as the parts are spread all over the place. Best to wait for the release of the TC T-34-76.

Semi-related question. You seem to have experience pulling textures from the packed game files. I am working on a MiG-3 overhaul and some of the parts are not in the template. I was told by an official source that its placed on additional texture of internals for external model in the packed files. Do you know what I need to do to get to it? Any help is much appreciated.

51 minutes ago, Danziger said:

Semi-related question. You seem to have experience pulling textures from the packed game files. I am working on a MiG-3 overhaul and some of the parts are not in the template. I was told by an official source that its placed on additional texture of internals for external model in the packed files. Do you know what I need to do to get to it? Any help is much appreciated.

What part of the Mig, external model or cockpit?

11 minutes ago, LizLemon said:

What part of the Mig, external model or cockpit?

Is it possible to upsize the textures to higher resolution like we have with the skins? If so, I'd like to upgrade the cockpit as well. If not, just the landing gear parts and gun barrels of the wing pods.

8 hours ago, Danziger said:

Is it possible to upsize the textures to higher resolution like we have with the skins? If so, I'd like to upgrade the cockpit as well. If not, just the landing gear parts and gun barrels of the wing pods.

Well, you can simply increase the res by up-scaling it to that of 4K (4096x2). But for it to be done properly in a 4K format, you'd have to rebuild the textures by hand.

12 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Well, you can simply increase the res by up-scaling it to that of 4K (4096x2). But for it to be done properly in a 4K format, you'd have to rebuild the textures by hand.

I would like to redraw them in higher resolution. Would it work though? 

2 hours ago, Danziger said:

I would like to redraw them in higher resolution. Would it work though? 

Yeah, absolutely. That's if you're willing to dedicate the time needed to do it properly. It would be a fairly intensive project.

8 minutes ago, DetCord12B said:

Yeah, absolutely. That's if you're willing to dedicate the time needed to do it properly. It would be a fairly intensive project.

I've been working on a kind of reboot for the MiG-3. The current model is kind of mish mash between a MiG and a re-engined MiG and a couple of outright mistakes. I'm correcting the 4k skin template, alpha template and normal map. I also hope to do a 2k version to supply the devs should they find time to make the 3d model corrections. Getting at these locked textures would be the final piece of the pie in my Make the MiG-3 Great Again! campaign. I'm guessing making changes to the locked textures would have to be dealt with like a mod?

1 hour ago, Danziger said:

I've been working on a kind of reboot for the MiG-3. The current model is kind of mish mash between a MiG and a re-engined MiG and a couple of outright mistakes. I'm correcting the 4k skin template, alpha template and normal map. I also hope to do a 2k version to supply the devs should they find time to make the 3d model corrections. Getting at these locked textures would be the final piece of the pie in my Make the MiG-3 Great Again! campaign. I'm guessing making changes to the locked textures would have to be dealt with like a mod?

Yes, you would have to extract the games archives to get at the textures used in the cockpit and a few other ones. Then you'd need to release it as a mod. If you do extract stuff its pretty easy to see what textures go with what.

13 minutes ago, LizLemon said:

Yes, you would have to extract the games archives to get at the textures used in the cockpit and a few other ones. Then you'd need to release it as a mod. If you do extract stuff its pretty easy to see what textures go with what.

What do I need to accomplish that?