InProgress

IL2 Sands of Tobruk Tank Battles

Panzer  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you love to see tanks?

• Totally!
    • Definitely yes!

:tease:

I know there is already option to use aaa guns and vehicles, tho it's not very high quality. Aaa guns have bad or non existing aiming devices. Vehicles have a bit poor quality and not much to do with them anyway.

Following new tank expansion, have you considered making tank stuff similar to box? Africa is perfect place for tanks. Even simplified ones with no internals (only aiming and driver view + external view with open hatch would be extremely cool). 

So let's discuss! 

• Like 1

No "tanks". 😀

CloD tanks operation are inferior to ones in Warbirds (1999) - a mere curiosity that no longer appeal.

38 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

No "tanks". 😀

CloD tanks operation are inferior to ones in Warbirds (1999) - a mere curiosity that no longer appeal.

Yeah, that's what I said, but point is to get ones actually made from 0. High quality just like new planes. Tank battles in Africa are the best tank battles :yahoo:

Definitely think AA guns should be improved (with a background priority, there's more important stuff to do as well) but not sure about tanks. 

What's with this, combat flight sims and tanks trend, anyway? Why can't a combat flight simulator just be a combat flight sim? You don't want to fly planes...you go play something else. 

1 minute ago, Poochnboo said:

What's with this, combat flight sims and tanks trend, anyway? Why can't a combat flight simulator just be a combat flight sim? You don't want to fly planes...you go play something else. 

Why do PC's play games? They should stick to word processing! :)

BoX is a simulator.

If they can simulate tank combat to the same degree, then why not?

It opens the game up to another segment of the market who are gagging for a decent WWII tank sim.

It wont greatly impact upon the BoX game as a whole.

To me, it seems like a superb idea.

Why do you think it's so wrong?

14 hours ago, Poochnboo said:

If you would not like it you would not drive it, just like people don't fly ju52 if they are not into that kind of stuff. I don't see any logic in your argument. Would it hurt you if there was bunch of guys down there fighting over some town while you fly and do everything you would do anyway? They don't affect you in anyway... And this "You don't want to fly planes...you go play something else." It's really stupid. I don't even know how to answer to that...

Tank crew will bring way more people to game, not everyone is into hardcore flying and they will be happy to take part in ground battles, in multiplayer it makes way more fun, instead of silly AI you can see actuall battles taking place down there, they can call for support to take down a heavy tank that is blocking their advance and bunch of ju87 is called to take down that tank while enemy is protecting it. Ground battles with real people + air battles and air marshal would bring so much deepth to the game and possibilities.

I find it kind of funny that some people are against something so hard because it's "flying sim". That's kind of closeminded. Instead of progressing you would like to sit in one place. C'mon, BoX gets tanks, ww1, who knows what can it get in the future? Ships for pacific? ;) I think sitting in one place won't get you anywhere, some fresh stuff is good way to make new people get interested in main game. I mean it's kind of like saying in FPS game, "want drive a tank? go play something else, it's infantry sim!" Combined arms are the best arms :dance:I think there is a reason why games that allow vehicles, infantry and sometimes even planes are so popular. For now there were only people that liked flying, now you get tankers to buy BoS with tank crew (more players, more money for devs).

Of course i get that tanks would be lots of work and now there is 5.0 incoming, game needs lots of fixes and career. But one day, getting tanks would be amazing.

• Upvote 1

The strength of COD and 5.0 will be North Africa and air war over it. It will be utter waste of resources to improve Tank feature , when we know how much time and work they got to be able to sell 5.0 .

To me Tank crew by 777 is a idea of making money, but I do not think it will bring enough in the long run. 

57 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

The strength of COD and 5.0 will be North Africa and air war over it. It will be utter waste of resources to improve Tank feature , when we know how much time and work they got to be able to sell 5.0 .

To me Tank crew by 777 is a idea of making money, but I do not think it will bring enough in the long run. 

If you look at WT or World of Tanks, they are very popular, everyone love tanks :P I don't think people would leave wt, especially wot. But these who play wt on realistic and simulation may be interested in IL2 version. I think tanks are way more popular than planes and smaller more detailed map that will allow for really big and intense tank battles may be a big hit. At least that's what I think, it will sell so good (especially when it comes to steam and common people will see it on front page) that we will get more of it for sure. And decision to make tank expansion was quite smart, there is lack of this type of games on market, beside arcadish wot and wt where you have all tanks mixed from all around the world. There is simply no real tank game and it may be even best selling expansion.

18 hours ago, OrLoK said:

Why do you think it's so wrong?

Actually, my statement probably came out more against the idea than I am. I don't really think they shouldn't do it if it's popular. Was just wondering what this trend is all about. Even DCS has it's mode where you can operate M-1's and other modern vehicles. 

And yeah....tanks are popular. I'm a fan of WT. But it does seem that every CFS coming out needs to have tanks, also. Guess I'm old school. (really old). I buy flight simulators to fly. But, enjoy the tanks if you are so inclined. Not tryin' to be a hater. (Do people still use that phrase?).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, InProgress said:

Ships for pacific?

I want user controlled ships!

38 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

I want user controlled ships!

World of warships is pretty cool :P grind is annoying but overall nice game if you don't care about being tier X and enjoy 41-42 ships DD, CL etc

Yes I know tanks are more popular, but will it be in this game? 

I have no intention to be negative about it , at least not until Flight simulator have to suffer because they earn more money on Tanks. 

I tried the T 34 and the German tank when it was launched, I guess in a hard fight situation awareness and strategy will be winning and it is not as simple as I believed it to be. I tried WOT once and got murdered in my little free tank

Let them finish 5.0 and then let´s  see how things go, before starting other endeavours.

There will be new tanks and vehicles introduced for TF 5.0, and they will mannable.

But Aircraft will continue to be the focus of the game.

Ground attack will be a big part... the visibility of tanks or vehicles on the move in the desert is well known... and there is not much cover.

We hope to see missions and campaigns which involve large numbers of tanks and vehicles as targets for the players to attack.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Buzzsaw said:

We hope to see missions and campaigns which involve large numbers of tanks and vehicles as targets for the players to attack.

I am fan of ground attacking as stuka :) wish b2 will be available as tropical version and maybe R2 too for super long flights too. And really hope for lots of anti shipping operations.

More missions and campaigns is always great news!

Will new vehicles have the same quality or it will be more detailed with availability to open hatch? Don't really expect entire interior to be made 😛

We hope to make some improvements to the vehicle player options, but this is a lower priority behind the basic 3D work.

Re. the Tropical versions of the Stukas and Bf-110's, yes, we hope to have these included.

• Like 2