Sign in to follow this  
VBF-12_Stick-95

Old MSFFB2 issue solved after v3.05?

I have been using a MSFFB2 for years.  Everything was fine until a certain past update in IL-2 well over a year or two ago when I started losing the FFB at times when flying.  The stick would have no resistance whatsoever, sometimes only on one of the axis, e.g. elevator, and at other times it was both.  Doing an Alt-Tab while in-game might bring it on, sometimes it showed its ugly head for no reason.  In order to get the resistance back one had to escape and go to Settings, then Key Mapping, then cancel out back to the game and the FFB would come back, sometimes.  If it didn't you had to repeat until it did.  This was very problematic in mp.  I know I was not alone with this issue as there were threads about it, but alas, I can't seem to locate them.

All that being said, since v3.05 came out a few days ago, and I hate to speak too soon, I haven't had this issue once.  I have even tried to force the issue with Alt-Tabs and everything keeps on working.  I was wondering if others with a MSFFB2 have seen this improvement or are still suffering with loss of FFB.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't work for me either. Erratic behavior: usually nothing works. Sometimes roll works, but not pitch. Sometimes I get a CTD. Etc.

For me I have the inverted axis bug on my ms ffb2. Joystick was working forever in IL2BOX, but one of the last patches broke the ffb support complete for me.DCS works just fine, so its nothing with the stick.

Sadly, this is the one and only reason I don't play BoX no more.

• Upvote 1