Sign in to follow this  
SYN_Luftwaffles

Thanks for making Tank Crew

I've had an itch to scratch for a while, now, but the only real WWII tank sim available was the ancient Steel Fury: Kharkov. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well, I am game too and I put all my chips in. I have high confidence that this Sim will fill in the missing gap of having a real WW2 Tank Sim. However, I still struggle to see how can a single person manage a whole crew of 4 or 5. When we flight a fighter is a one on me matter, but with bombers or tanks ... Well, I am really positive the Devs find the right formula and balance between rigor and playability, that is to say away from arcade but easy manageable Sim.

Thank You.It's a great addition to this series,I'm having a great time with it and it's sure to get better.

1 hour ago, PA_Spartan- said:

Well, I am game too and I put all my chips in. I have high confidence that this Sim will fill in the missing gap of having a real WW2 Tank Sim. However, I still struggle to see how can a single person manage a whole crew of 4 or 5. When we flight a fighter is a one on me matter, but with bombers or tanks ... Well, I am really positive the Devs find the right formula and balance between rigor and playability, that is to say away from arcade but easy manageable Sim.

While it may be 'slightly' better to have multiple players in a single tank.... a single player can easily switch from position to position and do so quickly. It's fun really. As in all things, practice makes perfect. Using my HOTAS throttle I can keep the tank moving without having to continually press the cursor key and thereby fire on the move. :salute:

• Like 1

I am thankful also. I have been having fun in TC and I haven't even set up my HOTAS yet. I am going to start a TC picture thread, so please take some good pics and help show everyone what a good looking tank sim this is. It will only get better.😀

S!Blade<><

I am very glad too for releasing TC.

Was waiting for soooo long. My last tank sim was T-34 vs Tiger and that was many many years ago.

I was lurking for steel beasts but graphically it was lacking.

Then War Thunder released their tank game. As i didnt own WT,  I was jealous for not having a Tank sim.

But when 777C studio anounced Tank Crew i was more than happy . I love it, those deatails. The wait was worth it.

A huge THANK YOU for Jason and the dev team for making a dream come true. I never had a Tiger Tank with so many details and i know they all doing the best.

Even "only" in its early access its brilliant and i cant wait to support this team with future TC projects.

Many thanks, have played most every tank sim since Across the Rhine in 94/95, and its been a long time in coming, i hope the interior and exterior tank graphics catch up with the advancements made in what is possible in good quality texturing and mapping.

I love tanks, and if the WW2 TC will be just as good as the airplanes, I'm going to be a happy camper.

I just hope TC will give us the option to work with infantry and as a part of a bigger operation.

The big battles are fun, and very demanding, anyone who played a tank simulator on PC (not WT) will know the challenges.

https://youtu.be/dv7C12X-QO8

Significant deployment of 'infantry' doesn't look like it's going to happen. 😐

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Thad said:

Significant deployment of 'infantry' doesn't look like it's going to happen. 😐

As I said previously, some infantry in towns and buildings that could be deployed and not moved (like AT guns) would make towns and forests a lot more interesting.

16 minutes ago, mAIOR said:

As I said previously, some infantry in towns and buildings that could be deployed and not moved (like AT guns) would make towns and forests a lot more interesting.

That does 'not' equate to significant deployment of infantry... although, I agree that we will probably receive such units. :salute:

• Like 1

Just now, Thad said:

That does 'not' equate to significant deployment of infantry... although, I agree that we will probably receive such units. :salute:

I was agreeing with you. We won't see two lines of infantry advancing on each other thanks for sure. And I am not sire f the engine can cope with more than one weapon per group (like AT teams have only the main gun. No small arms of any sort). So the ability of infantry to deal with infantry is something I am not sure we will get. Though it would be amazing to stand 1 km away lobbing HE and smoke in support of infantry advance.

Big thanks for making this from me also! Been away from home so i was not able to buy and test it before. It has huge potential to be the best ww2 tank sim ever. With VR, some setupping for saitek throttle and g27 steering wheel, it's already awesome experience to drive and fight with Tiger with full interior etc. Then i got destroyed by enemy mg :P

Really looking forward to updates (working optics for VR especially), lots of work but so much possibilities to be the dream come true for us tank sim fans.

Edited by DB605
  • Upvote 1

I for one enjoy playing single player and I am totally in love already with the game and the mighty mission editor. But the best tank SIMULATOR is Tiger vs T34 when it comes to actually simulating the Tiger with gear box and all. Sadly the game itself is old and was very limited.

Tank Crew is basically in its' developmental infancy. Hopefully it will grow into a great first person tactical tank battle module. 🙂

• Upvote 1