Sign in to follow this  
iggy42

Flying Circus - campaign / career mode?

I noted on the list of features for FC there's no mention of any kind of campaign or career mode.

Will this feature be added at any time? 

Cheers, Iggy

• Upvote 1

Usually career mood & campaign will be dropping with the full release 

we are still in early access 

Career mode is not coming to Flying Circus in the Vol 1 release. Jason didn't seem to rule it out for future possible iterations so I will project forward into the future and suggest that, should Vol 1 do fairly well, they will continue with a Vol 2 and that during Vol 2 they will find developer time to build the necessary templates and GUI elements suitable for WWI to make Career mode available for Flying Circus (both Vol 1 and 2) in the future.

There's a little bit of faith required on this as no developer promises have been made but I've seen them deliver before and I think they will again (if all goes well).

Scripted Campaigns is available as a feature at release and knowing the community, we'll see some quality releases featuring many of the aircraft before too long.

Also don't forget that the magician that is Pat Wilson (PWCG) could conjure up something for FC..

I personally don't fly ROF without it.

• Like 6

I think (guess/hope/pray?) that we will see a PWCG before anything official.

Its really early days for FC. There's tonnes to come. I hope they get enough sales to continue to vol 2 (same with tanks)

1 hour ago, Adger said:

Also don't forget that the magician that is Pat Wilson (PWCG) could conjure up something for FC..

I personally don't fly ROF without it.

I started playing IL-2 BoX PWCG career some time ago, finished some 20 missions or so... it's much better than stock career, and there are a lot of those 'little details' that make all the difference in immersion. All recommendations! :)

Hi,

I noticed also, no any news on pre order page about any campaign in this title (v1).

Looks strange for me and I’ll stay with RoF I think till the campaign including in FC will be annunced.

I couldn't see anything either hence the OP.

I appreciate this is early access and have already supported it but I'd like to see a career mode at some point - I'm SP only...

• Upvote 1

I agree, it's the career mode that really does it for me.  Hopefully we will see one in the future.

• Upvote 1

IIRC Pat said he will incorporate FC into PWCG. If your career takes place in 1918 in Arras sector and your squadron flies FC plane, you can choose to fly it in RoF or FC. 

He did similar thing in RoF, where player stationed in Ypres are have choice of flying on Channel Map or Western Front Map.

Yeah considering PWCG has it's roots in ROF, I have little doubt Pat will included FC in it at some point.

If and when he does, that will be plenty to satisfy my SP activities. I also though will be looking forward to hopefully someday 1CGS having a Career Mode for FC as well.

Between Career Mode and PWCG for IL-2 I am in single player heaven with IL-2.

I just hope pilot logbook in career mode will look close to history  the previous one it look like formula F1 score board  :P

redbaron4.jpg 

• Upvote 1

Bought but I hope we will see the official campaign here for this tittle.

I cant imagine leak of SP campaign here.

If you see one at all it won't be with this release... so months, if not a couple of years away.

There is of course Pat Wilson, who may come up with the magic once more...

Maybe someone will do scripted campaign later? Or +1 for PWCG of Pat!

I think SP campaign will bring new customers, it isnt good idea to release FC vol1 without this and waits for „we will look how it sells”.

It somoething like sell of car without the one wheel and waits for people’s feadback for not 100% finished product. It could be adulterated, sorry.

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2018 at 4:40 PM, ShamrockOneFive said:

Career mode is not coming to Flying Circus in the Vol 1 release. Jason didn't seem to rule it out for future possible iterations so I will project forward into the future and suggest that, should Vol 1 do fairly well, they will continue with a Vol 2 and that during Vol 2 they will find developer time to build the necessary templates and GUI elements suitable for WWI to make Career mode available for Flying Circus (both Vol 1 and 2) in the future.

There's a little bit of faith required on this as no developer promises have been made but I've seen them deliver before and I think they will again (if all goes well).

Scripted Campaigns is available as a feature at release and knowing the community, we'll see some quality releases featuring many of the aircraft before too long.

The flight sim community is a small one – so in order for us to get the flight sims we want, we’ve got to support the developers with our money and our faith! So -- yes -- have faith! Jason has never failed us in the past and there is no reason to think the future will be any different.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just bought flying circus. Storepage says it comes with a map of arras. I cant find that in my il2 sturmovik. It seems for me I paid 70 bucks for 2 planes i can only use in quickmission on the maps i have for bos, bom and bok. Am I correct? If 2 planes are all there is in early access, no map, no other content, then it really is very early access.

I think you're pretty much correct there Fritz, although all the EA info I'm sure was there for you to read before you bought it.

I agree that this EA was a bit too soon, as since it's the 1st installment of WW1 these 2 planes have no contempories for now, never mind no 1914-1918 to fly in.

Just need to be patient for now.. Pfalz and Camel are arriving soon..

S!

16 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

I think you're pretty much correct there Fritz, although all the EA info I'm sure was there for you to read before you bought it.

I agree that this EA was a bit too soon, as since it's the 1st installment of WW1 these 2 planes have no contempories for now, never mind no 1914-1918 to fly in.

Just need to be patient for now.. Pfalz and Camel are arriving soon..

S!

hey, thx for answering. I was only trying to understand what was in the EA since I had misunderstood it when i bought it. No problem to wait for more content.

4 hours ago, -47-Fritz_or_Ivan said:

hey, thx for answering. I was only trying to understand what was in the EA since I had misunderstood it when i bought it. No problem to wait for more content.

Early access just started. The Sopwith Camel and Pfalz D.IIIa are coming next and we may see them before the end of the month (1CGS' latest e-mail said weeks so certainly not too long).

• Upvote 1

There are tentative plans for PWCG in Flying Circus.  Until a map is released there is not much to do.  At a minimum I need airfields and the two seaters.  Can't do a campaign without the two seaters.

I was going to start from Sept 1917, which is the first introduction of the SPAD XIII.  That will give a year of WWI air combat.  The Albatros, Pfalz, DRI prototypes, Camel, and SE5a are all already in service at that point.  Dolphin and D.VII will come later.  The biggest drawback is the lack of two seaters, but nothing to be done about that.  French units flying the Bristol ... yuck ... but what ya gonna do.  A service pack of target only planes would be welcome - port the RE8, Breguet, and DFW in much the same way that the B-25 will be included in Bodenplatte.  Not saying it's going to happen, but it would be nice.

This one will have a moving front starting with the Kaiser Schlacht.  Map limitations might force an altered history, but I'll do the best that I can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4