Kindness and Gifts

Hello to the IL2 community.

I very recently received a gift from a gracious member. The reason I feel compelled to post this is because there is a story that does not relate so much to the gift as it does for the timing of the gesture.

Some years back I purchased IL2 1946. I flew this off line for a while until I found that I needed to download and install Hyper lobby and a various other patches in order to fly on line. After doing this I joined a unit in order to learn how to fly the plane set in WWII sims. Before this I have only flown off line in fly now missions. I have never taken off or landed. This unit had training days set up on Saturdays which was good for me. My first practice with this unit was a total disaster in that while sitting on the runway trying to figure out how to taxi out and take off these guys started strafing me continuously for around 30 minutes or so and at the same time I could hear them laughing on TS. When I had enough I logged out and deleted the sim from my computer and never tried IL2 again.

Today I was gifted BOS by a very gracious member of the IL2 group. This guy has never talked with me and doesn't know me from Adam but out of the kindness of his heart he felt that only owning flying Circus would limit my enjoyment with IL2.

Now the timing: I own a stump grinding business and have recently had a serious set back where I lost an engine when the blocked was cracked. With no engine block to rebuild I was forced to buy a new block and heads for a cost of $7500.00 ( almost drained me of all funds ). When I received my new engine and installed it some bolts I did not see fell into the air cleaner. When I started the engine those bolts were pulled into the engine through the turbo thus destroying the new engine. Now I am out the $7500.00 plus it is going to cost me around $2500 for the parts to rebuild the engine again. I almost did not purchase Flying Circus because I am going to need all available funds. This person has Blessed me with his gift at a time where I felt it would a while before I could purchase BOS myself. So I want take this time to thank him. I will not name him in case he wishes to stay anonymous (sp) and to say that even his gesture may seem small to him; it was huge to me. May God bless and guide you.

J5_Sturm

Edited by Jasta5J5_Sturm
missing word
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 10

Is it possible to gift my Rise of Flight Account to someone who might enjoy it? I won´t touch it again anyways since it doesn´t support VR. I received a gift from someone in the past and gave away a copy of a campaign. I said I will pay forward the gift at a later date back then. 

I can´t afford FC right now, but still I have no use for my RoF account anymore.

So will the support team be able to change the email attached to my account to someone elses email? I´m asking this here to show my gratitude and also to not bother the support team right now (I guess they are very busy atm, since they have to deal with the latest Key issues right now), and maybe someone did the same earlier and knows the answer.

13 hours ago, Bommel said:

Is it possible to gift my Rise of Flight Account to someone who might enjoy it? I won´t touch it again anyways since it doesn´t support VR. I received a gift from someone in the past and gave away a copy of a campaign. I said I will pay forward the gift at a later date back then. 

I can´t afford FC right now, but still I have no use for my RoF account anymore.

So will the support team be able to change the email attached to my account to someone elses email? I´m asking this here to show my gratitude and also to not bother the support team right now (I guess they are very busy atm, since they have to deal with the latest Key issues right now), and maybe someone did the same earlier and knows the answer.

There is a way. You can gift to a person by giving them your log in information and product key. They would then log in on that account get all information available then send a request to 777 for a email change via email. I hope this helps. I wish I was able to help further I also plan to play it forward soon as I am able.

9 hours ago, TG1_Nil said:

@Bommel I suggest you to write a post on the Rise Of Flight Forum

@Jasta5J5_Sturm I wish you will get over this episode. Trust the future!

11 minutes ago, Jasta5J5_Sturm said:

I trust Jesus and he has the future. Sorry TG1 I do not know what I have said to offend you.

I'm pretty sure TG1_Nil, whose first language is likely French, not English, was expressing his sincere hopes that the financial trouble you are having due to the engine problems will soon pass.

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Upvote 1

Forgive me TG1_Nil for my misunderstanding. I hope we can meet and fly together sometime. Also thank you. I know any language other than your own language can be difficult to master. I am english and still haven't mastered it. Also thank you SeaSerpent for helping to set me straight.

Edited by Jasta5J5_Sturm
missing sentance
  • Like 1

I couldn't agree more spacemarx. I normally stay away from forums due to the negativity posted in them but the compassion and desire to help others that I have seen overall in these forums has touched me. There will always be the other negative stuff but these past few days has indeed opened my eyes to the good that is posted as well. Thank you for pointing this out.

9 hours ago, Jasta5J5_Sturm said:

Forgive me TG1_Nil for my misunderstanding. I hope we can meet and fly together sometime. Also thank you. I know any language other than your own language can be difficult to master. I am english and still haven't mastered it. Also thank you SeaSerpent for helping to set me straight.

@Jasta5J5_SturmI forgive you but at one condition: Forgive me for my English! I hope too we fly together sometime!

I am bilingual but there are always words or expression which I do not understand in this forum.

Luckily we have one the best invention on earth: Internet. It helps me a lot!

@SeaSerpent thank you for your help!

@spacemarx Yes, it is so nice, so nice that the simulation brings people together from all background

Now we have the WW1 pilots with us! On the same Forum! Sweet!

So nice to see so many kind hearted people in this community forum.

Not surprised that this forum has becoming a sweet addiction to some people( like me)

All of us: the community, 1C , we all bring our contribution.

For example: I am always happy when I see a new message in the Ju52 / Po2 fan club threat. Among many other joys.

Long live Il2 Great Battle and its Community!

Edited by TG1_Nil