Sign in to follow this  
Gamington

ROF Promo Codes

I first got into Rof around 2015. I downloaded it to try loved it still love it (Steam version) and bought everything for it and I do mean everything. Without the steam version I problably would of never found out about it and or il2 Ive spent alot on both despite being late to the party. So why only do users from 2009 to 2013 get the discounts ? Other than the spad and albatross dva ive dumped at least 150 200 into this game before flying circus was announced. I was looking forward to this a lot amd will still problably buy it later but was my money not as good as everyone elses ? Id be happy with 10 more dollars knocked off. I get rewarding loyalty but I have bought all of rof and all the il2 battles so far I feel like im kinda getting jipped because of when I bought it. ūüėē and its¬†kinda leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by Gamington
Clarification, spelling
  • Upvote 3

These business decisions are tough to evaluate.  When you're making a pc game with general appeal you just price it at market price and hopefully sell to lots of people.  

But specialty products, like fairly serious flight sims, are a whole other kettle of fish.   You're going to sell to fewer people and you have extensive development costs so you've got to make the sales/price numbers work for you.  

Yes, a 'loyalty' discount for more people would be nice.   But I guess we're just going to have to trust the developers that they're doing their best to make enough money to stay in business.  

I would of gladly bought the game at launch had I knew it existed then is kinda what im saying. I never saw it at any game or retail store prior to steam. And I already own Rof and could always just be content with it. What im getting at is why should I pay full price for something i already kind of own because of when i purchased it ? I have no ill will towards anyone and wish 1c nothing but success and good things but this decision is kinda dumb. Whats better though 1c selling me the game for 50 dollars or me not buying it at all over some arbitrary timeframe for buying it ? Also it had to be from 2009 to 2013 and additional discounts if you bought all the planes so ya it kinda is about loyalty and how much you previously spent. If i decide to be salty and not buy it since it is basically just a pretty rof slightly upgraded by doing that it would hurt 1c and I really dont want to not buy ot but im on the fence now I could go either way havent decided yet.

Edited by Gamington
Added stuff.

tiny team, tiny market, limited funds.

I'm sure they'd love to give all the RoF guys and girls a free copy as a thanks but there has to be a cut off point.

I bought il2 and all the expansions but I didn't expect a discount for Box ;)

it would have been nice but they gotta fund the development. (oh, and eat)

Edited by OrLoK

I get that they are small. I really do, and im not asking for anything for free i would buy this on payday for sure for 50 bucks. And I will problably still get it and forgive them eventually. All im saying though is 5 years ago was a long time ago. And if i did choose not ro buy this because of the lack of discount which I may that is going to be a sale they could of had. The cutoff point should of been the day they announced flying circus. I,ve had simular game companies do things like this. Chances are im for sure going to buy the tanks as I do think this company makes very good sims and have been trying relentlessly for 2 years to get my cousins and freinds into simming with me but again. I am really turned off by this. Not asking for a freebie though just a little something to show they care about steam users. With that said wish me luck I have a new fw190 from boddenplatte To fly.

Edited by Gamington

I could quote Shakespeare ( or is it "Easy company" :biggrin:) you know "band of brothers, we happy few" so on and so forth but that probably wouldn't help.  

If I were to offer a reason, it's that you were able to "find" the game, later on, because of the faith and support, early on, by a bunch of dedicated flight sim fans, who shared the original developers vision, when things were a lot less certain than the success of RoF and BoX might suggest.

Edited by HagarTheHorrible
  • Upvote 1

Is it because the people who bought RoF items more than 5 years ago paid more than those than bought them within the last 5 years?

Just a thought. I may be wrong

Does anyone know why the discount for Flying Circus is not offered to those that spent a lot of money on planes, but not the game prior to 2013? I was going to purchase the WWI stuff, but not now. Feeling pissed on. 

Man, it's just a $5 to $15 discount. I bought my game in mid 2013, so I got nothing. Live with it, it's not like the end of the world. They're honouring the founders, and keeping some money for themselves, it's not like they are getting rich. I wouldn't let it spoil my fun. I've bought the game, and I am glad it exists and provides a safer passage to the future.

• Like 1

I guess I am selfish. I rather buy the game sooner rather than later. The price of their games makes it hard to buy them except on discount. I only have so much disposable income. 

One of the factors for me buying some of the planes was because of the possibility of receiving some discount. To be honest, if the discount they gave for loyalty is that, then it leaves something to be desired. You can get that discount within months of release usually. Ironically, if I had owned the game since 2013, a discount for FC is something I shouldn't expect. 

4 hours ago, SYN_Skydance said:

Is it because the people who bought RoF items more than 5 years ago paid more than those than bought them within the last 5 years?

I don¬īt think this does matter as there are fixed values of money spent on the product for certain amounts of discount.

So for example 100$ spent in 2009 would still be 100$ spent in 2014 - the individual price of different planes / maps / stuff wouldn¬īt matter here.

4 hours ago, 9./JG27golani79 said:

I don¬īt think this does matter as there are fixed values of money spent on the product for certain amounts of discount.

So for example 100$ spent in 2009 would still be 100$ spent in 2014 - the individual price of different planes / maps / stuff wouldn¬īt matter here.

I think the date of purchase (2009 game release) applies here more than money comparison spent then or now. Back in 2009 to drop money on a new unheard of game from the then unheard of Russian developer was a giant leap of faith by the customer base and that faith has now been rewarded by the present game developers in the form of a price discount on the greatly revamped Rof (Flying Circus).

Edited by bzc3lk

5 hours ago, SYN_Skydance said:

I Guess that could be it. I do know the pricing was diffrent for steam I remember seeing on the site you can buy the planes one at a time. Someone else said other people maybee paid more for it. Who you replied to maybee thats the case though I do recall when I found this on steam debating on uninstalling and juat straight buying it through the dev site but noticed you had to buy one plane at a time that way which is why I ended up buying off steam as I knew how steam works and seemed easier at the time.

1 hour ago, 9./JG27golani79 said:

Im not really that mad but this I dont know all of 777 or 1c's history and I have had a lot of fun with both there products and feel like im actually learning a real life skill playing both rof and il2 if anything learning how to fly a plane. Biut at the end of the day im still a gamer and seeing it from a gamers point of veiw which is FC is just a slightly better version of Rof which is what Il2 is in a way. I guess though what the other guy said about paying more could be true and i did get the spad 13 and the albatross dv.a for free with united. Idk because 1c is small and this game is actually good I will prob just buy it later on im torn between FC and the tanks to be honest I can prob only get one seeing as I already bought Boddenplatte recently.

Edited by Gamington
Replying

Back in 2013 when 777 told their (back then loyal, enthusiastic and friendly) playerbase they are starting work on Il-2 with 1CG, thery told us they will try to re-integrate the engine changes from BoS with RoF at later time. It was not a promise, but it was a clear statement of intention, backed by lots of trust between dev team and community. It was more than half of RoF lifespan ago, more time than WW1 itself took, and not good years to the (no longer friendly, enthusiastic or trusting) RoF community. I see the voucher as an invitation to people who were waiting all the time when RoF took back seat, invitation to go back to where we left in 2013.

I have pre-ordered every BoX product there is, and yesterday I did something I wanted to do since LaGG-3 was released in February 2014: landed the Dr.1 on iced Lapino field. It was a long wait. 

• Upvote 1

My problem is that for some reason my original purchase date is not on my account. I picked up the Iron Cross Edition back in 2010, but I don't see it on my account. I've been registered since I bought it but not showing up.

2 minutes ago, Hartsblade said:

My problem is that for some reason my original purchase date is not on my account. I picked up the Iron Cross Edition back in 2010, but I don't see it on my account. I've been registered since I bought it but not showing up.

Jason said that if anyone isn't shown a discount they think they are due, they should contact support.

Just now, AndyJWest said:

Jason said that if anyone isn't shown a discount they think they are due, they should contact support.

Thanks, I sent an email on the RoF site, maybe I should send one here as well.

On 7/19/2018 at 8:29 AM, PikeStance said:

Does anyone know why the discount for Flying Circus is not offered to those that spent a lot of money on planes, but not the game prior to 2013? I was going to purchase the WWI stuff, but not now. Feeling pissed on. 

I do, and explained it in anpother thread on the same subject :). Here.

[edited]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Topics are merged now
  • Thanks 1

If you read Jason's Game 3.005update/FC announcement he clearly explains about the reason for discount time frame 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Edited by Dakpilot

5 hours ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

I have pre-ordered every BoX product there is, and yesterday I did something I wanted to do since LaGG-3 was released in February 2014: landed the Dr.1 on iced Lapino field. It was a long wait. 

Thats quite touching Trupo.  S!

14 hours ago, PikeStance said:

I guess I am selfish. I rather buy the game sooner rather than later. The price of their games makes it hard to buy them except on discount. I only have so much disposable income. 

I'm not saying you're selfish, Pike. I understand someone may not have all the money he wants or needs at some time of his life. I'm just saying that it is reasonable for them to do it, restraining the discounts they are giving. In the past, the ROF community has supported people who didn't have money immediately available with free keys for planes. They were both supporting a fellow pilot and the development team. I believe this is the way to go. But we are being selfish in making sure they earn their money, or they'll stop building these games, which is to no one's interest. We're just long term selfish, not short term.

After closer inspection, the discount is nominal for the rationale that is being used. I can get a $5-15 off within a reasonable amount of time of release. The discount is more of a "gesture," than anything else. 

ps,.. the selfish was my assessment of my thoughts, not a reflection of your response. My apologies for the confusing context. 

Edited by PikeStance

I am not sure what the issue is here. If you are fortunate to have a discount, either crap or get off the pot. I mean that means you have played this game since at least 2013. What is your delay? It is not like the pricing is a surprise. 

I was grateful for the discount, having bought in to RoF at the beginning. Saying that, even without the discount I would have bought FC in a heartbeat. 

Hi all,

I merged both topics about this promo codes. Just in case you are missing one of them.

Haash

On 7/19/2018 at 3:41 PM, SYN_Haashashin said:

Gamington,

If you have not buy into FC yet, send me a PM.

Haash

I sent you something, but im gonna say it again anyways. If you where gonna offer me your personal codes I respectfully decline to me it is and is not about the money its about the fact that this whole timeframe being cut off 5 years ago is an aweful decision. I bought everything for rise of flight summer of 2015 and have been playing the hell out of it and assumed it was just done getting content. Unless you work for 1c and are giving me a code thanks but no thanks they should change the time to the day before they announced flying circus my 2 cents. Ill problably give the tank crew a shot instead  since that is at least diffren content i have not tried yet but idk yet.

On 7/19/2018 at 3:29 AM, PikeStance said:

This. Sorry for the double post my phone is acting screwy.

Edited by Gamington
Added stuff.

Is it possible to gift a promo code? I didn‚Äėt care to use mine. But if it is what is required to get another,¬†new player to FC, he can be my guest.

Has anyone that is missing a promo code heard from support yet? I've contacted support here and on the RoF site, but no response, not even an aknowledgement that they received my request.

2 minutes ago, Gamington said:

Reason im declining the code is because i would feel like i got something because im whinning and would make me look like a whinny entitlement kid. Thats not the case Id like to see everyone in my position who bought and supported it on steam and spent a lot after the cutoff date that wants to get it also get it. With that said i have decided not to buy fc or tank crew at least for now. Which is a shame because I was looking forward to both but I dont want to reward bad decision making. I get Jason explained his reasoning but he is still offering more discounts to people who paid more money between those dates so how I see it is I came to the party late and still spent prob the same amount of money but because I came late and used steam I get nothing. With that said im pretty much done with this topic.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but waiting to a later date to buy it is just hurting yourself, buy it now and take the 10 dollar discount.

I bought FC as I wanted to support the devs and I see it as an investment for my gaming pleasure.

I can understand those who heavily invested in RoF feeling disgruntled but I invested in the original il2 and add-ons and lomac etc.

I'm pleased they're giving some folk a generous discount but, I personally, expect nothing.

I didn't get a discount for Doom2 or any sequel to any game.

TC is a new entity on it's own. essentially a new game.

any discount, to me, is a Brucie Bonus.

the devs, with the recent "issue" have been far more forgiving  and generous than I would have been, had I been in charge.

Ill be honest, I got a bit hotheaded when I posted that and keep going back and forth on it. Honestly im not sure what I want to do. Guess will see. I deleted my one topic because of this. Its really 50 50. On one hand I feel justified that I am correct and on the other hand if I do buy it I know it will be good and worth the money. That is my dillema. And the whole doom2 thing is totally diffrent from this scenario. Darksiders and skyrim are 2 examples i cam come up with i got the free remasters for on steam because I owned the original. Im fine paying something for FC but it is still only slightly better version of rise of flight. To me its pretty much the same thing as the darksiders warmastered edition Or the hd upgrade of skyrim. Will see I keep going back and forth on it but for my own sanity since I cant seem to decide im gonna do it alone and trouble the forums no more with this.

Edited by Gamington

I bought RoF in 2011. On day of FC release, no code given to me. Sent in ticket to support, with screenshot of my receipt. Nada word back(still as of today), said f it, I wanna fly me some WW1. I figured my time is worth more than the discount. Plus, I feel it is going to a worthy team and I want further dev on it. Still, woulda been nice but nothing to sweat over.