=IL2AU=chappyj

Tank crew in vr - reviews?

Ya i have its pretty awesome riding around in a tiger with the hatch open so you can see everything. I wasn't much for tanks just wanted to support the devs but it shocked me i enjoy it

How are the coliders inside the tank. Moving around etc. Create the same thud you get in the cockpit?

Are the gunsights keypress  or physical move eye to sight and look through?

The head collisions I feel are an issue. Not a show stopper but they really need work. 

Gunsights are keypress. Once pressed are similar to the current tanks. 

You can partially look into the optics by leaning forward but due to VR head restrictions you can't get close enough. You are held about 3-4 inches away from the optic. Not sure if you could lean up to them whether the reticle is actually being rendered but I doubt it would be usable. 

Interiors are nice, and as kmac said, commander position unbuttoned is really cool. 

Disappointing

Thanks for the details mate. Not being able to fully move around in the tank and use the sights  properly is a real missed opportunity 

The sights themselves are basic and from what I can see not very historically accurate. (Why is the muzzle and barrel visible through the sight)

There hasn't been a lot of information on just how the tank sim will be handled so I'm very unsure whether these sort of issues are placeholder or intended design of final product

Edited by =IL2AU=chappyj

5 hours ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

Disappointing

Thanks for the details mate. Not being able to fully move around in the tank and use the sights  properly is a real missed opportunity 

The sights themselves are basic and from what I can see not very historically accurate. (Why is the muzzle and barrel visible through the sight)

There hasn't been a lot of information on just how the tank sim will be handled so I'm very unsure whether these sort of issues are placeholder or intended design of final product

I am not a tank expert, but I do know that WW2 tanks had the gunsight/periscope next to the cannon, so it was usually visible and obstructing part of the view. The gunsight zeroing for the German tanks is as real as it gets, was the same even for the PZ3 which they did as a side project. Not sure about the Russian one, never seen one irl, but seems legit as well.

I realize that you cannot see your own body or limbs in Tank Crew. But are the other crew members in the vehicle modeled; can you see them?

8 minutes ago, Jack59 said:

I realize that you cannot see your own body or limbs in Tank Crew. But are the other crew members in the vehicle modeled; can you see them?

Not currently 

Posted (edited)

I currently own all DLC for bos on steam. If i buy this stand alone, how does this work? Does it go directly to my steam IL2? 

P.s i play in VR and i refuse to play any other way. To control the turret i use a hotas. Joy2key is the only way for now. If you need help please let me know i will be glad to help. 

One might say "why use joystick? Mouse is more accurate!" while this is true for many it certainly isn't true for me. I can shoot targets while moving using a joystick (thrustmaster t6000m). I never have to take my hands off the hotas. 

Chris

Edited by savagebeest