Sn8ke_iis

View Zoom and FOV adjustment?

Is there a way to manually change the zoom and FOV in a config file? The viewpoint is too close in to the gunsight even when I scroll all the way out with the mouse. The pilot head position keys don't seem to work with TrackIR. 

• Like 1

/data/luascripts/snapviews

I got it ☺️ I just needed to pause my TrackIR (F9 by default, I have it mapped to my joystick) and the pilot head position keys become active. Thanks! The planes and terrain look gorgeous! Big Rise of Flight fan here. I'm excited I got to try this first day of release! Keep up the awesome work guys. I'm even going to buy your new tank sim! I'm sure it will be a while before all the campaigns and features will be up and running, but I guess it's time to retire my ROF pilot career. 

Wait... sorry to "Bump" an old thread, but I have this issue too. Am I to understand that I have to stop TrackIR to change the FOV/zoom in or out?

You have to stop it to change the default zoom and head position, saving with F10 before restarting TIR. Once you have saved it and TIR is restarted you can change FOV as normal, but the defaults will be your new values. 

2 hours ago, NickM said:

You have to stop it to change the default zoom and head position, saving with F10 before restarting TIR. Once you have saved it and TIR is restarted you can change FOV as normal, but the defaults will be your new values. 

This may well be the orthodox way of doing things, but for the record you can set your center view anytime without stopping TIR.

As Nick says your FoV movements should work fine in conjunction with TIR.

S!

• Like 1