Sign in to follow this  
Sessine

Small preview of Tank Crew

I'm just out after a 4 hour VR tank crew session. My face is warm and red and my hair is sweaty and by the gods, guys, I haven't felt this immersed in a wargame in many years.

Let me get some highlights out:

- the interiors - just wow! In VR it is absolutely amazing. Really feels like you're part of WW2 history. So much detail. Live action Bovington :)

- the physics: very good, realistic. The heavy tanks are plodding and slow as they should be. Ballistics seem very realistic too. 

- terrain: seems to have different properties, mud, etc. Even on the old flightsim maps the scale feels... sweeping. Can't wait to experience the higher fidelity Prokhorovka map...!

- tank commander:  opening the hatches is just, wow! The tanks feel massive underneath you, majestic as they cross the fields.

- sounds: are good, especially the tank sounds, but I think the battle side could be improved on somehow (no expert).

- missions: the single Tiger mission, although simple, was very immersive. When the Sturmoviks appeared as the panzer company was crossing the fields I just had to stop, turn off the engine (not very wise :)) and unbutton just to watch the spectacle of the German FLAK as it opened up and being on the business side of a CAS mission for once :))

All in all, this has MASSIVE potential but obviously a lot of work remains to be done to increase the ground-side fidelity/granularity of the simulator but even now it's sooo good.

I guess I didn't realise how much I have missed quality tank combat since Panzer Elite... good times :)

• Like 4

def Pander Elite feel to it!

I'm gonna save up for it it's superb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sessine said:

My face is warm and red and my hair is sweaty

“It’s so realistic, you actually get sweaty, just like in a real tank!” - Some guy down at IL-2 headquarters. In all honesty, vr alone is fantastic. I tried it for a short while, and it was great. I’m sure TC will have lots more to come that’ll make it even better.

4 hours ago, OrLoK said:

Everything is just so Black and white, no red cheeked bottom spanking (shades of grey).  :P

Its looks very good, but its way too early to judge this product now. I cant wait for the new update

I'm still wondering why I can't have the Tiger under AI control in my missions? 😕

6 minutes ago, Thad said:

I'm still wondering why I can't have the Tiger under AI control in my missions? 😕

don't forget these tanks, and the rest of the DLC content,, are still far from complete.

patience is key!

• Upvote 2

Ah, patience. I want patience.... but I want it NOW! 😀

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Thad said:

Ah, patience. I want patience.... but I want it NOW! 😀

;)

17 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

patience is key!

Where can we download this content?:biggrin:

On 7/18/2018 at 6:00 PM, OrLoK said:

Yes. It has been years since Panzer Elite which was one of the best tank sims out there. TC has the potential to be even better from what I'm seeing so far.

How do you changes ammo (HE or AP) in the tanks and also how is it showing?

Many thanks by advance !!😉

5 minutes ago, CCG_Pips said:

How do you changes ammo (HE or AP) in the tanks and also how is it showing?

Many thanks by advance !!😉

1 hour ago, Bommel said:

again...sorry to ask you again but I do not find where to see what ammo is used. When i press RAlt+G is heard the switching of ammo but don't see difference when firing and so on not sure if this action is really active ? 

What do you think about?

1 hour ago, CCG_Pips said:

again...sorry to ask you again but I do not find where to see what ammo is used. When i press RAlt+G is heard the switching of ammo but don't see difference when firing and so on not sure if this action is really active ? 

What do you think about?

The only way that I can see my ammo status is to turn on the HUD and Instrument Panel. I don't use it with aircraft but couldn't work out which direction I was going in a tank, so turned it on to get the compass heading. Added bonus was that it tells you which type of ammo you have selected; how many rounds of each are left; speed; which gear you are in (!) and a few other things that I haven't bothered to work out yet.

Edit: OK, I bothered!

L-R:

Direction of tank and turret

Speed

RPM

Fuel

Gear

Ammo Selected

Ammo Remaining

Crew Position

6PQkrQr.jpg

Cheers.