Frogface

FC and TC steam release?

Not to complain about steam keys again, but are these (flying circus and tank crew) going to be available on steam soon or will it be in over a year when the expansion are fully released?

I really like keeping all my games on steam and really would like to be able to get it now and join the fun!

I understand that steam keys are no longer available going forward and that's fine, but having to wait over a year to play would be a real bummer!

Following the trend of the last 5 years, it won't be released on Steam until it is officially released.

Why don't you just buy it direct from the source so Gabe and his shareholders stop ripping Jason and the boys off?

• Upvote 2

That made sense in the past but given that they don't give out keys anymore I wondered if that may change, since they also seem to be proud of full steam integration too would be a shame to not commit fully.

As much as I'll support everything this team puts out I still want my games all in one place, I don't mind helping steam too (although 30% is kinda crazy to take)!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Frogface said:

That made sense in the past but given that they don't give out keys anymore I wondered if that may change, since they also seem to be proud of full steam integration too would be a shame to not commit fully.

As much as I'll support everything this team puts out I still want my games all in one place, I don't mind helping steam too (although 30% is kinda crazy to take)!

The games are integrated.

If you have one of the Il2 great battle series in steam and you buy something from here, on steam you will also have the game, it doesn't matter where you buy it. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah you can still use everything buy buying on the website and starting BOS from Steam. Piece of cake. 

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Cool said:

Yeah you can still use everything buy buying on the website and starting BOS from Steam. Piece of cake. 

But muh Steam game count doesn't go up!

I can't brag about how many hours I've put in!

What if I lose access to my download?

I just really have a hardon for Steam!

Whataboutwhataboutwhatabout.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Grow up Space ghost, you don't have to belittle people for wanting consistency. 

You all wants forum badges, but I basically want the same thing for steam and that's wrong? You don't need to shit on people for thinking different than you, so stop.

I want to support this product just as much as you, I only question the new steam intergration

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

But muh Steam game count doesn't go up!

I can't brag about how many hours I've put in!

What if I lose access to my download?

I just really have a hardon for Steam!

Whataboutwhataboutwhatabout.

But without the full collection of steam keys I wont be able write the 1st ever Steam review for Blazing Steppe! Still proofreading it, but one of these days I will totally post it. Maybe. Totally maybe. 

The answer is it may be a similar wait yes, but maybe not quite the same. It depends on how things go.

Jason

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

The answer is it may be a similar wait yes, but maybe not quite the same. It depends on how things go.

Jason

Thank you for a quick answer, Jason

I'll grab them the second they're on steam :)

50 minutes ago, Frogface said:

Thank you for a quick answer, Jason

I'll grab them the second they're on steam :)

Do you already have one of the titles or planes through Steam already? If you want to run it through steam or migrate over, you only need 1 of anything as it's all just 'IL-2 Great Battles' whether you run the game through Steam or not. No need to wait.

Does seem petty of folks adamant in holding off for a year for something we all want and enjoy, just because of badges or some such malarkey. I still think perhaps many aren't getting the idea straight away that it's all just modules and content of the same 'Great Battles' product.

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins

I know that people dont like giving the profits to steam and I get why some are flared about people asking about it.

Most people don't just play IL-2 and nothing else.

I get a great service with steam and my 50+ other games I have purchased there.

It was steam that got my CD key back for my Cliffs of Dover game that someone else stole/hacked I just sent a picture of my CD key with their code written in the open game case..

Anti cheat system is second to none.

When there is a bug with an update you can check the game integrity and download and many other features.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SCG_wtornado said:

I know that people dont like giving the profits to steam and I get why some are flared about people asking about it.

Most people don't just play IL-2 and nothing else.

I get a great service with steam and my 50+ other games I have purchased there.

It was steam that got my CD key back for my Cliffs of Dover game that someone else stole/hacked I just sent a picture of my CD key with their code written in the open game case..

Anti cheat system is second to none.

When there is a bug with an update you can check the game integrity and download and many other features.

if you have already bought BOS from steam, you can buy anything else from the website and still run/use/access everything through your steam copy of BOS. 

You can buy FC, for instance, right now. Go to Steam. Fire up BOS from steam. Select your brand new DR1 and party on man. People seem to think that if they pre-order (or straight up buy) stuff from the website, that they must access it some other way. This is not the case. its all on steam still. Steam BOS already downloaded all the FC and TC content weather you own it or not. All you need to do is buy it, and it will then become unlocked for you. 

Edited by Cpt_Cool

Until now I've pre-ordered each and every single 777 IL2 product from the official site, all of the major games as premium version (BoS, BoM, BoK, BoP), not to mention I've also pre-ordered RoF and most of its planes (even though I don't have more than a couple of hours of flight in RoF).

Yet, as this game is integrating the Steamworks SDK, I want to have it on Steam. I have close to 1500 games and 1500 addons in my Steam library, and it really bothers me to see IL2 BoS page with only a partial list of addons owned. Currently i only own BoS + premium planes and BoM + premium planes in there. What's wrong with having them all over at Steam?  With all its fallacies, Steam is a great platform of games distribution.

Currently I would have pre-ordered FCvI and TCCaP right away, but the fact that I would not get the attached steam keys is kind of a show stopper for me. As long as generating official Steam keys for products sold outside Steam platform wouldn't cut a % from the cost and put in in Valve's pockets, I don't see why aren't we to continue to receive the associated Steam keys for the products we're buying from the official 777 store.

As we currently have our IL2 accounts linked with the Steam ones, and as long as we're pre-ordering from the official store, why shouldn't we have those associated Steam products automatically added to the linked Steam account? That would even persuade more people to actually buy from the official store!

Can you Jason enlighten me regarding this, please?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, adonys said:

Currently I would have pre-ordered FCvI and TCCaP right away, but the fact that I would not get the attached steam keys is kind of a show stopper for me.

This is how I feel, I would honestly forfeit the discounts in exchange for the key if that helped in some way.

I can't think of a reason not to put it on steam, the majority of player will purchase from the IL-2 site regardless and having it on steam may pick up more sales overall! 

19 hours ago, R6ckstar said:

it doesn't matter where you buy it.

If it does not matter then why some of you people can't accept someone's wish to buy on steam? Really.. let people buy wherever they want. It's non of your buisness where someone deciede to buy it. Frog asked if Tanks and WW1 will be going on steam as pre order and bunch of you guys came with your crusade trying to convert everyone around not to buy on steam.

Would be cool to have early access expansions on steam tho, especially when steam added option to release games with "Early Access" blue label.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adonys said:

Currently I would have pre-ordered FCvI and TCCaP right away, but the fact that I would not get the attached steam keys is kind of a show stopper for me

Shoot. Sorry to hear that. If there is still time, it would be fine with me if you wanted to gift me FCvI and TCCaP. That way when it is released on Steam in the future you can get it then.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:13 PM, Frogface said:

I could be wrong but i don't think you can buy alpha dlc in steam at all. The greenlight program is for new games, but once a game is released you cannot put DLC as early access unless you push it as a beta (no keys).

In Steam's game structure, BOS is the main game and the rest are DLCs, including BOM amd BOK. As such, you would need them to be fully released before getting a key.

This looks like a 100% steam issue and not 1C/777.

Also "having everything in Steam" is a bunch of mental gymnastics that actually makes no sense other than to satisfy one's OCD.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Thanks 1