Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Rashmeister said:

If i pre-order Flying circus will I get a steam key when released?

Or is that service dropped now.

 

Don't you already have one of the titles through Steam? 

 

All you need is 1 thing through Steam and then you can buy preorders or anything you want through the website and you will get them all just through starting it through Steam like normal. It's all integrated. 

 

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

 

Don't you already have one of the titles through Steam? 

 

All you need is 1 thing through Steam and then you can buy preorders or anything you want through the website and you will get them all just through starting it through Steam like normal. It's all integrated. 

 

i think some folk like the completeness of having all steam items registered as bought.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rashmeister said:

That's a bummer, guess I'll hold of with pre-order then. 

Just as well I guess, as I was cheated of my Ju-52 steam key.

 

Thanks for your answer Cpt_Cool. Fly safe!

 

Just curious what everybody seems to want to use the extra steam keys for anyway?

 

 

13 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

i think some folk like the completeness of having all steam items registered as bought.

 

Is it really just the feeling of completeness?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

i think some folk like the completeness of having all steam items registered as bought.

 

Now that's just borderline ocd silliness- just play the bloody game lol.

 

Having said that though, don't forget that "tha custoomer is ALWAYS right... and that's ME!"

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

All you need is 1 thing through Steam and then you can buy preorders or anything you want through the website and you will get them all just through starting it through Steam like normal. It's all integrated. 

 

Is this a fact? In that case I have little to no reason not to buy. The thing about steam is I have recorded play hours, steam overlay, easy vr settings at hand, auto update etc. Thats why I like to have as many games through it as possible.

 

And the thing about the Ju-52 steam key is mostly about that I was lied to. I don't like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Rashmeister said:

 

Is this a fact? In that case I have little to no reason not to buy. The thing about steam is I have recorded play hours, steam overlay, easy vr settings at hand, auto update etc. Thats why I like to have as many games through it as possible.

 

And the thing about the Ju-52 steam key is mostly about that I was lied to. I don't like that.

 

 

That's a fact Jack. Buy FC from the store, fire up BOS from Steam, and the WWI goodies should all be there for you. It should count your time as BOS time, Steam overlay, vr settings etc should be all the same. 😀 Happy hunting.

 

and the only reason Ju-52 key went away is because of changes that Steam made, not anyone lying. 

 

Imagine, if you will, a future where steam goes bankrupt and shuts down. Would that make future Jason Williams (now president of the United States of America) a liar because BOS would not work through bankrupt steam anymore? Well I for one, am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

 

They are trying to adapt the best they can.

Edited by Cpt_Cool
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cpt_Cool said:

Imagine, if you will, a future where steam goes bankrupt and shuts down. Would that make future Jason Williams (now president of the United States of America) a liar because BOS would not work through bankrupt steam anymore? Well I for one, am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

 

 

Well I bought it under the premise that I would get at steam key. That was the deal.

Changing that whitout giving people chance for refund or similar is just not proper business.

 

With that said, I have no ill will against any one in 777.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rashmeister said:

 

Well I bought it under the premise that I would get at steam key. That was the deal.

Changing that whitout giving people chance for refund or similar is just not proper business.

 

With that said, I have no ill will against any one in 777.

Jason stated in a different thread, that this promise will be kept and you should contact the support team for them to sort it out.

I have no link to that thread! ;)

 

Edit: To clarify, I talk about your JU-52 Key. So if you preordered anything on their site, while there was the annotation (for that item/package), in which they stated you can get a steam after release, you can contact support team for the steam key.

Edited by Bommel
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cpt_Cool said:

 

Just curious what everybody seems to want to use the extra steam keys for anyway?

 

 

I have BoS on Steam and BoK and BoBP bought from the website. Once I get an update on BoS, when I kick the launcher off it then updates that content - and for some reason it's painfully sloooooow. ~1.8GB download in Steam last night IIRC and now another 1.22GB in the client. This has been downloading for 8 ish hours or so..?

 

image.png.956dad6b6fd8f95693cf671e4c8fa04e.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I talked with Jason on other thread Pre Order Bodenplatte is the last of its kind.

 

Right now im waiting Kuban, Ju-52, Bf-109G6 keys from Support

Edited by Godspeed
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Purg said:

 

I have BoS on Steam and BoK and BoBP bought from the website. Once I get an update on BoS, when I kick the launcher off it then updates that content - and for some reason it's painfully sloooooow. ~1.8GB download in Steam last night IIRC and now another 1.22GB in the client. This has been downloading for 8 ish hours or so..?

 

image.png.956dad6b6fd8f95693cf671e4c8fa04e.png

 

Why are you using the launcher if you've already got it on Steam? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Purg said:

 

I have BoS on Steam and BoK and BoBP bought from the website. Once I get an update on BoS, when I kick the launcher off it then updates that content - and for some reason it's painfully sloooooow. ~1.8GB download in Steam last night IIRC and now another 1.22GB in the client. This has been downloading for 8 ish hours or so..?

 

image.png.956dad6b6fd8f95693cf671e4c8fa04e.png

Don't use the launcher! Only use Steam, it has the full games (BoS, BoK and available BoBP planes) allready installed.

Your launcher installation is a second, parallel one which only unecesseraly takes place on your HDD

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JG1TheAlchemist said:

I have just purchased FC. When I run it, it has BoS inside it. Is this correct? Where do I play FC? Thanks

 

from the main menu select quick mission, and choose an icon on the map. All the planes you own including the FC ones should be available. There may be missions too though I have not checked.

 

Remember that this is the very beginning of FC early access, and you can only fly the spad and dr1 on current box maps. Content will be added when it's ready.

 

@Rashmeister i'm not sure that I understand your question.

 

If you have linked your account to steam, then you can buy new content including Flying Circus from the IL2  store, and this will be instantly available to you through your steam client. No steam registration is necessary

Edited by =FEW=Herne
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JG1TheAlchemist said:

I have just purchased FC. When I run it, it has BoS inside it. Is this correct? Where do I play FC? Thanks

 

FC lives inside BOS. for now, the map is not done (early access) but you should be able to use FC planes on BOS maps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JG1TheAlchemist said:

I have just purchased FC. When I run it, it has BoS inside it. Is this correct? Where do I play FC? Thanks

 

Yep, when you are in BoS go to the Lapino map and you will see quick mission for both FC planes and tanks.

Not sure they are available on the other maps, sure someone will correct me if so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kalbuth said:

Don't use the launcher! Only use Steam, it has the full games (BoS, BoK and available BoBP planes) allready installed.

Your launcher installation is a second, parallel one which only unecesseraly takes place on your HDD

 

Ok, thanks. Will work off the one install and see how I go. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 2:14 AM, Purg said:

 

Ok, thanks. Will work off the one install and see how I go. 😄

Did it work fine ?

I'm as well using a steam installation of BoX with keys coming from mixed steam & il2, I've had issues when directly using the il2.exe or going with a il2 legacy installation , but launching through steam works fine for me. Hopefully same for you

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rashmeister said:

Is there any servers up with ww1 setting yet? Or is that to early due to the limited plane set. 

 

The Japanese have 2 WW1 servers up already. Look for 'Shooting Stars JP WW1'.

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins
Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought BoS on Steam a few years ago. I can see the purchase on the IL2 page when I log in, with an activated Steam key.

So, if I buy Flying Circus now via the IL2 page - will I be able to mix the two, for example fly the WWI-planes on the Stalingrad map?

How do I install FS? Is there a separate launcher, and how will that connect to the Steam version? Do I start the game via Steam or a separate launcher?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all the collection, collector planes and all, and also the recent TC and FC, with some titles bought on steam,  others on the il2 page.... I have no problems whatsoever and they work perfectly fine with eachother.

Edited by danielprates
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MeahMaggot said:

I bought BoS on Steam a few years ago. I can see the purchase on the IL2 page when I log in, with an activated Steam key.

So, if I buy Flying Circus now via the IL2 page - will I be able to mix the two, for example fly the WWI-planes on the Stalingrad map?

How do I install FS? Is there a separate launcher, and how will that connect to the Steam version? Do I start the game via Steam or a separate launcher?

 

It's all the same. Just start BoX from your Steam and when it loads you will find the WW1 airframes in there already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...