Jason_Williams

Game version 3.005 discussion: Flying Circus, Tank Crew, Fw 190 A-8

Hello everyone. I have just purchased Flying Circus. I do not own any other IL2 product. Can someone instruct me how to download and install Flying Circus. I am unable to find any links to download it. Do I need first to download BOS and if so can I do this without buying BOS?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jasta5J5_Sturm said:

Hello everyone. I have just purchased Flying Circus. I do not own any other IL2 product. Can someone instruct me how to download and install Flying Circus. I am unable to find any links to download it. Do I need first to download BOS and if so can I do this without buying BOS?

At the moment FC doesn't have its own map etc so it exists as an add-on to IL-2 Stalingrad. You'll need that installed first then FC will install too and you can play it. Additional content (planes, maps etc) will be released shortly.

44 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Okay I must admit, on 2nd glance the newly introduced DServer bug that keeps crashing our Server isn't all that funny, see report here:

That's a real show stopper this time.

Let me add that from a simple look at the Dogfight Server List, you can see that this issue might be wide spread.

Prior to 3.005 update we've had about 3-4 pages to scroll through the list on a Full HD Monitor.

What's remaining now is slightly more than 1 page.

Probably many Server Operators didn't even notice that their server crashed yet, and those who remain can just be happy that their missions don't contain whatever triggers this issue.

I hope this will be fixed soon and not put on hold like many other bugs.

Cheers!

Mike

43 minutes ago, Jasta5J5_Sturm said:

You have to install the game through the installer. Go to il2sturmovik.com (the website, not the forum), login, go to your profile and then to download to get the installer.

IL2 Great Battle is one game client. Each opus (except campaigns and collector planes) works as a standalone game. You don't need BoS to fly FC.

Atm, you'll have access to Lapino map and the two released kites. FC content will grow as early access goes on.

Cheers

Edited by PA-Sniv

4 hours ago, Aufpassen said:

Nice, but the promo code thing is a bit of a bummer for me. I bought all RoF flight content, including everything from planes to maps and all extras but I discovered the game after 1.1.2013, so no promo code for me. Nothing. :(

Please console yourself with the slogan we Marines stated before going into battle "Life sucks... and then you die."

Laugh, and go off to battle. :salute:

8 hours ago, Lysus said:

I'm going to ask my wife if I can buy both, this should be interesting.

How long have you had these suicidal tendencies. 🙂

• Haha 1

please, can you explain this part a bit more. I have no idea how to fly a rotary engine ...

What's the blip switch button.

13 hours ago, Bidu said:

Welcome to rotary engine planes!

You may want to configure a blip switch button ;)

Edited by PA_Spartan-

I've just purchased both ...  😆

Now when do I get my 2 new forum badges ... ?  😜

24 minutes ago, PA_Spartan- said:

please, can you explain this part a bit more. I have no idea how to fly a rotary engine ...

What's the blip switch button.

Rotary engines like these old things have no proper egine rpm or throttle control
In order to regulate airspeed they used to turn off the engine for 3-5-10 seconds to loose speed then turn it back on.
This is why you see video of old ww2 planes you can hear it purring along then cutting out every now and then to adjust speed.

Blip switch (just cuts ignition system to engine like a kill switch on motorbike/jetski or lawn mower.)
when held in the engine cant run when released it fires back up again

at 40seconds you can here the power to engine being cut on and off.

Edited by =TBAS=Sshadow14

3 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

As a player I must say that the quick arrival of new content is really amazing.

As a server operator, I must say that the progress on the "bug hunting" end is rather disappointing though.

Especially when it comes to things that have worked before and got broken with a certain update, it's rather disappointing to see update after update following thereafter, and the broken things just remain unfixed and untouched.

For instance, Patch 3.0 introduced an excessive CPU usage of DServer.exe as soon as you have AI bombers on your dogfight mission, even more so when they fly in formation.

This was not the case on Patch 2.012d. It got reported instantly but is unsolved to the date.

Another example, Patch 3.0 changed the way payload limitations worked in conjunction with Server settings. Patch 3.001 reversed that change again, but this time it broke the ability to prohibit the "default" payload for planes. For instance, in 2.012d you could enforce certain bomb payloads on bombers and fighters, since 3.001 you can't anymore.

Reported immediately after 3.001 came out, still unresolved to the date.

As much as I understand the commercial aspect of having to keep the ball rolling with new content that attracts new players, as much I get a feeling that the quality control and bug fixing in particular are somewhat falling behind.

All of this should not say that this isn't a great game. It definitely is, it has great potential and it's the future of the WW1/WW2 CFS genre, no doubt about that.

Cheers!

Mike

Mike,

I am told by Han that this is not accurate. Please send me a PM with what it is you are trying to do and I will get an answer for you.

Jason

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lensman said:

I've just purchased both ...  😆

Now when do I get my 2 new forum badges ... ?  😜

Here:

image.png.6e616e5a347321be9f47d9c542bc6b21.png

:biggrin:

Edited by bies
  • Haha 4

Attention to the servers hosters!

Missions format was changed. You have to delete files *.msnbin and resave all missions using *.mission sources.

Sorry we didn't inform you in time.

• Thanks 2

It would be great to have the Zoom Out view, a little bit more.

Same as RoF

Edited by Avyx

25 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Please send me a PM with what it is you are trying to do

Done. Thanks for taking care of this Jason.

Cheers!

Mike

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

Rotary engines like these old things have no proper egine rpm or throttle control
In order to regulate airspeed they used to turn off the engine for 3-5-10 seconds to loose speed then turn it back on.
This is why you see video of old ww2 planes you can hear it purring along then cutting out every now and then to adjust speed.

Blip switch (just cuts ignition system to engine like a kill switch on motorbike/jetski or lawn mower.)
when held in the engine cant run when released it fires back up again

at 40seconds you can here the power to engine being cut on and off.

Someone needs to be "that guy".... your explanation is nearly but not quite accurate: most rotary powered aircraft did have a lever that controlled rpm in addition to a mixture control, the Fokker Dr.1 being one of them. Some also had the ability to limit the proportion of cylinders that fired. Only the earliest rotaries had the all or nothing behaviour you describe.

Blipping was used to control speed, but doing it a lot risked fouling the plugs, and in addition could cause fires since the blip switch does not cut off the flow of fuel to the cylinders, only the ignition.  So generally it was recommended for use to control speed for landings only rather than general flight. I am not saying that pilots only used it this way, but the common RoF practice of using blip all the time in dogfights is highly questionable. I would like to see planes burst into flames occasionally while doing it to encourage more historical use. ;) 

18 minutes ago, bies said:

image.png.6e616e5a347321be9f47d9c542bc6b21.png

:biggrin:

I wants my new badges too.

Level_cc5974_1607295.jpg

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, AnPetrovich said:

Missions format was changed. You have to delete files *.msnbin and resave all missions using *.mission sources.

That's a bit cryptic I'm afraid.

As much as I understood the Mission Resaver was not updated.

Trying to open the old *.mission files in mission Editor doesn't work either.

The only thing that worked for me was to use the "resave all missions in folder" function of the mission editor.

Cheers!

Mike

9 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

I would like to see planes burst into flames occasionally while doing it to encourage more historical use. ;) 

This is going a bit too far, guns don't even jam from overheating and you are suggesting this :P

Why not having Panther D self combusting as it happened during the battle of Kursk.

On a different note i'm sad i'm broke right now, can't wait to pre order from the il-2 website.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

Cool. Tight schedule you guys must be, to release things so often.

I'm still pissed off because there are no Nieuports in Flying Circus.:(

World war one flight sim without Nieuports, is like a wedding without live music.

Noop28 was my love and joy for a long time, as broken as it was. :(

I saw that this was out on the FB page, went to the store and bought FC1 and TC, then went to the IL2 Forums and read about the discount codes structure. Dooh.

My question is, will there be more content for sale before the discount period runs out on 09/15.? 

Other than my small loss incurred by my impetuosity I am very pleased to see all this new content.

Thanks Developers!

Is it just me, or is the whole Dogfight Server List more or less empty now?

A second ago, my own Server was the only one on the list, now after 10 minutes a second server joined...

Cheers!

Mike

2 hours ago, Thad said:

Please console yourself with the slogan we Marines stated before going into battle "Life sucks... and then you die."

Laugh, and go off to battle. 

How long have you had these suicidal tendencies. 🙂

Hehe i bought tank crew only because i dont want to angry my wife. Next month i will buy the fc secretly

6 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Hehe i bought tank crew only because i dont want to angry my wife. Next month i will buy the fc secretly

You should have bought everything at once.

If she complains you could have told her that you got a much better discount !

15 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Buy a new wife.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

The only thing that worked for me was to use the "resave all missions in folder" function of the mission editor.

Cheers!

Mike

Can you point me towards this function? I can't find it

16 minutes ago, F/JG300_Gruber said:

You should have bought everything at once.

If she complains you could have told her that you got a much better discount !

Hehe , honestly our budget is tight with two small kids. No need to rush

Bug? I don't know...

with the new FW-190 A-8 , running the engine at max power 1,42 ata, the engine broke after 3/4 min use but when using 1.58/1,65 ata this occur only after 10 min (that's normal).

Logically, the engine should be able to hold 10 min at 1.42 ata ,  shouldn't it?

3 hours ago, Jasta5J5_Sturm said:

I'm not sure if you need Battle of Stalingrad but for the next day or two (only) it's still on sale for 66% off from the IL2 website.  Battle of Stalingrad is a mere $16.99 but for an extra $10 you can buy the Battle of Stalingrad Premium Edition with the FW-190 A-3 and La-5 collector aircraft for $27.19.  You'll want the FW-190 especially.

You also get the LaGG-3, 109 F4 and G2, Yak-1, Pe-2, He-111, Stuka, and an Il-2 version that has an option to put a rear gunner while still carrying a full rocket load.  Later models carried half the rockets.  This BoS gunner mod was a field modification where they cut away the fuselage and rigged up a belt as a seat for the gunner.

I'd buy the Battle of Stalingrad Premium Edition while it's only $27.19 and the FW-190 A-3 and La-5 are worth the added $10 many times over IMHO.

Edited by TP_Sparky

1 hour ago, AnPetrovich said:

Is the change in mission format limited to the binary file or does it impact the text mission file as well?

2 minutes ago, Arsenal53 said:

Bug? I don't know...

with the new FW-190 A-8 , running the engine at max power 1,42 ata, the engine broke after 3/4 min use but when using 1.58/1,65 ata this occur only after 10 min (that's normal).

Logically, the engine should be able to hold 10 min at 1.42 ata ,  shouldn't it?

I think its something about the boost engaging at higher MP automatically. So if you push to max throttle, the automatic additives help the engine go for longer. But if you leave it at a lower MP, the additives aren't put into the system, so the engine burns out quicker than if you had boost.

I thought that particular system was on the 109G-14, though. Sorry if this is muddled, maybe someone more familiar with the luftwaffe birds can chime in.

15 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I think its something about the boost engaging at higher MP automatically. So if you push to max throttle, the automatic additives help the engine go for longer. But if you leave it at a lower MP, the additives aren't put into the system, so the engine burns out quicker than if you had boost.

I thought that particular system was on the 109G-14, though. Sorry if this is muddled, maybe someone more familiar with the luftwaffe birds can chime in.

it's true with the 109 G-14 because the boost increase is permitted by the addition of MW50 (or GM-1 i don't remember) but with this 190 A-8 there is not such system. it is only an overridde of the supercharger boost regulator, boost pressures are increased at take-off and emergency power with a 10 mn limit due to thermal reasons.

Edited by Arsenal53

If you were to buy all of the Flying Circus Vol.1 aircraft on the Rise of Flight store it would cost $38. But there is a half off discount that goes with it so the actual price is $76. If you were to buy these on Steam (Channel Battles, Ace Pack, Battle of St. Mihiel) it would cost $67. So at the discounted price of $70, it works out to be a fair price. However, one has to look at this in two ways. 

If one doesn't have Rise of Flight or hasn't bought the 3 DLCs above, then there's no issue with paying $70.

If one has Rise of Flight and has spent a considerable amount of money, then they'll probably continue playing Rise of Flight until something on Flying Circus appears that will motivate them to get Flying Circus Vol...

I have bought all but 3 DLCs on Rise of Flight and therefore, I have no interest in getting Flying Circus, yet.

Hope this helps some of you. 

Edited by Novice-Flyer
Missing a word.

The a8 had mw50. I haven't played the pre-order content yet, so I don't know what the interface tells you at max power. 

The behavior is consistent with methanol/water injection.

16 hours ago, Thad said:

My preliminary tank observations. Visually outstanding models. 

Mouse moves the turret and ones head from the hatches. 
LCtrl+C moves one from crew position to position. 
RAlt+C moves one from each crew position to the crew positions open hatch position. 
[E] key still starts and stops the engine. 
[T] key still takes control of the turret.  
Left Shift+T takes one to the Cannon Sight. /MG? from MG position? NOTE: one can fire the cannon and the machine gun without changing ammo type. 
Mouse wheel is used for Zoom. 
Left mouse button fires Cannon.  
Right mouse button fires Machine Gun. 
Cursor Keys used to drive the tank. 

Hi Thad;

I got a wee bit of trouble controlling the turret in TC, I wonder if you could help please.

I have my key mapping setup for flying. I use TIR and a TM warthog hotas for my controls. Most of my default keys have been changed or altered so here is my question.

a) What is the default mapping for the mouse to control the turret? I have fire modes but cannot turn or elevate the gun !

b) Is it possible to save the input files as it was in ROF, so I can change between files without having to re write all my mapping.

Thanks for any help.

fubar

@Jason 

It would be quite handy to have a .pdf of the keymaps for TC ;) 

Edited by fubar_2_niner

On 7/18/2018 at 5:53 PM, Sneaksie said:

Just ignore the link accounts prompt that shows up again and again for now (click 'Steam login only'), we'll fix it soon.

I did that and it worked, but it is very confusing...

Although I have to say I haven't bought anything new and it still happened to me. 😕

Edited by Solty

4 minutes ago, sonicapollo said:

The a8 had mw50. I haven't played the pre-order content yet, so I don't know what the interface tells you at max power. 

The behavior is consistent with methanol/water injection. 

read what what i've written, the A-8 could have the MW50, of course but this not the boost system chosen in this plane it's only a boost increase