Jason_Williams

Game version 3.005 discussion: Flying Circus, Tank Crew, Fw 190 A-8

Abrams shooting it's 120mm? What is it suppose to show in relation to Soviet 76mm and German 88mm guns? As far as know, they shot projectiles with much lesser velocity, with  different propellant, the 88 had muzzle break... etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

EDIT: Did a track, ran it from similar prospectives and at slow motion.  Think the devs did a pretty good job.  Even the grass is about the same. 😀

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

1 hour ago, Fliegel said:

Abrams shooting it's 120mm? What is it suppose to show in relation to Soviet 76mm and German 88mm guns? As far as know, they shot projectiles with much lesser velocity, with  different propellant, the 88 had muzzle break... etc.

You not even have seen how the T-34 fire his 85mm very similar to Abrams and this is checkmate :russian_ru:

Here a good video too -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PURn8X3JP1c

In slow motion watch from 0:26 to 0:44

What I wanted to show is reality vs game...............................................and this T-34 shown in screenshots below is in real combat.

T-34 main gun 85mm fireing.jpg

Edited by Livai

6 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

@Livai are you saying the game is not exactly like reality?

I think he's saying the main gun effect could use some tweaking with regards to the effects. Nothing wrong with that statement.

8 hours ago, Livai said:

You not even have seen how the T-34 fire his 85mm very similar to Abrams and this is checkmate :russian_ru:

What I wanted to show is reality vs game...............................................and this T-34 shown in screenshots below is in real combat.

interesting.
And there is a 17pdr Centurion (I masked the other Centurion firing)
No Huge fireball travelling forward as the 85 and 120 you showed.
My point is - you need exact example what you want to prove wrong.
It all also happens under one second. Are any differences really so noticeable?

The example:

17PdrCenturion.thumb.jpg.ff97f3a79bb9dc4cad21f8d155584953.jpg

Edited by Fliegel
  • Upvote 1

Hi devs,. 

interior sound is better but still not in the same level as before update. For example I16 interior boost is almost withou change to normal condition.

Exterior sounds are not fixed yet. La5FN exterior is too silent. 

And servers are still crashing. 

Plus I noticed quite significant fps drops when some planes are in wrecks and going down. And when you give mission exit and 15s  is counting.... fps also drops.... dont know why.

Sorry for telling that, but you know what to fix. cheers.

plus switching on -  HUD sometimes doesnt show rocket and bombs indicators.... must press more times, sometimes helps Icons - I, and after random pressing it suddenly appears... ?

Edited by 3.IAP_Vasilij
added points

On 7/23/2018 at 10:55 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Not easy. Extremely difficult to do. Complicated transmissions these tanks had and to try and force users to manage them the same way will tie up my lead programmer for weeks when he has other items to work on. Maybe in the future, but I can't make any promises. 

Jason

I understand. And there are surely more important thing right now in the beta.

But it is not just cosmetic or for the feel.
Watching my tigers driver trying keep going on 8th gear trough the entire turn as my speed went to 10km/h and rpm to about 1000 is painful.
I tried to slow down in order to make him gear down but the automat obviously do not react that quickly and sometimes when I tried that I stopped before he started to gear down.

Edited by Fliegel

10 hours ago, Livai said:

Hope you know this is a fake... they use blinds. Similar to all post-war productions.

Real ammo may generate another effects (0:35 no fire at all)

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 10:32 AM, AeroAce said:

Im sorry so say but that is a warning sign to me that you may be taking on too much and may be being too ambitious. I know you like to do things right with a high level of simulation (like the gyro sight WOW)  but could you imagine a race sim without gears....  tanks are more complex than a race sim in some ways because you have the combat side of things to sim as well, but still this is a stand alone TANK sim so I would expect something like manual gears as a basic feature. I guess it is because you are reverse engineering TC from the plane engine. If I was making a tank sim from scratch full vehicle dynamics would be at the start but you are doing it backwards so...If you want a stand alone tank sim to bring in people you will need more depth for driving the thing.

Peace out I love you guys but dont take on too much  x 

AeroAce,

I have just had a go in the new tanks and for me playing as the gunner while driving, would kill me trying to change gears whilst aiming the gun.  I understand where you are coming from, but as a rear gunner in a bomber I'm happy with auto-level whilst I fire, so if we do that, I'm sure auto-gears is something we can live with.  Therefore, at this stage I'm happy with auto-gears. 

That said, have you purchased the new tank sim to test for yourself or are you making comments from the current tanks?

Regards

Haza

@Haza I will be buying it and from what I have seen it looks great so far. I just think as it is a stand alone tank CREW sim we need a bit more detail such as gears for the driver.  If they don't get round to it, it will not be the end of the world. 

Edited by AeroAce

I made some initial flights in the SPAD 13 and DR.I and all I can say is: Thank you, Jason and crew, for bringing WWI aircraft to life again! They are gorgeous when flying in VR. I will support FC by buying future content and I sincerely hope that this project will be a success for you.

17 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

@Livai are you saying the game is not exactly like reality?

Can you die in the game for real? - So not exactly like reality - Just a game

Like every game not everything looks how it looks in reality. Sometimes too costy to realise everything sometimes others made their homework much better than others..........

17 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

I think he's saying the main gun effect could use some tweaking with regards to the effects. Nothing wrong with that statement.

Yes

16 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Well, there is something wrong when video evidence indicates that the effects are really quite good.

No there is nothing wrong this video what was a reenactment. Do you think someone is that stupid to chambering live 85mm ammunition into the 85mm main gun and fire them near viewers?!  What the tank fired was not real 85mm ammunition. What I wanted to show was the muzzle flash. Ok not the same as with real 85mm ammunition but similar to the screenshots where the real T-34 fire real 85mm ammunition live in combat nowadays.

9 hours ago, Fliegel said:

interesting.
And there is a 17pdr Centurion (I masked the other Centurion firing)
No Huge fireball travelling forward as the 85 and 120 you showed.
My point is - you need exact example what you want to prove wrong.
It all also happens under one second. Are any differences really so noticeable?

The example:

Reveal hidden contents

17PdrCenturion.thumb.jpg.ff97f3a79bb9dc4cad21f8d155584953.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Each tank, gun, cannon has different muzzle flashes what makes them unique same as the sound and from me it this a part of realism. I know I need exact examples so I made some better ones what show more what I dislike the most maybe that screenshots (Tiger tank example) below show you better what I mean. For me always depends what is this game more simulator or more arcade. If this should go more simulator direction now with Tank Crew then I don't want to see or pay for lazy homework done.

7 hours ago, PL_Andrev said:

Hope you know this is a fake... they use blinds. Similar to all post-war productions.

Real ammo may generate another effects (0:35 no fire at all)

Spoiler

I have seen this look like sometimes visible the muzzle flash sometimes not

0:35 = none

2:08 = none

3:25 = none

3:28 = yes

3:37 = yes

Not sure on what is this effect depending? - different ammunition or too fast for the camera?

Yeah I known about the fakes. The video link what I posted was from WW2 reenactment so the ammunition fired there was not the real one. And the Screenshot from the T-34 were from real combat used in modern conflicts so their muzzle flash were from real live ammunition. 

Some did their Homework much better.jpg

Edited by Livai

The Ferdinand was a tank destroyer.  It was not intended to attack infantry,  The version used at Kursk wasn't even armed with a machine gun.  So, yes, your assumption is incorrect.

However the first german assault guns were for attacking infantry, it was very soon recognized, that assault guns were a cheap version of tanks, that had the disadvantage of no turnable turret, but the advantage of being a smaller target, because of the lower height andf when fighting with an enemy, showing it the front, smaller shilouette and better armor than a tank, that shoots at an enemy on its 3 or 9 o'clock position.

7 minutes ago, ChiefWH said:

I was actually thinking more of the SU 122 and 152, my assumptions are based entirely on wiki which can be a terrible source, hence my question. Wiki suggets there were ISU versions for tank destroying, is that what will be in TC? But then does it even matter what the differences are between the two when it comes to their use in this game?

Please notice that developers shown SU-122 and SU-152 as playable vehicles.

I'm quite sure we will meet ISUs, JagdPanthers or Stugs - but as AI units only.

Maybe at next add-ons (hope for Battle of Bulge and Clashes of Tobruk ). 

Thank you very much guys for the latest update, really appreciated.:cool:

I took the plunge with  F.C although I have R.O.F complete and have to say the initial impression is good, the improved visuals of the updated models are excellent, certainly a credit to those guys doing that aspect of the work and a great compliment to the existing work done by the team here.:salute:

Funds have been tight lately so the Early Access discount as well as the further 15% allowed me to take a look, thank you very much for that, again, it is really appreciated and allowed me the opportunity to see things first hand instead of through videos, I don't know how you manage to give discounts on what to me is already a very low price product for the quality and quantity of included content.:drinks:

Tank Crew will have to wait for another day sorry to say, although from what I see from the videos posted it does look particularly good so far, although I have never been a tank player personally I do hope this gets the support it needs, the models look awesome, those companies you are using are to be applauded they certainly seem up to the mark as far as their 3d work goes, excellent.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Hi, having problems, bought FC and ran it straight away, fine, but now all that happens is I get these messages, see pics.  I've tried running as administrator, no luck, starting off line and on line, no luck.  I can run BOS from Steam but if I try to link accounts I just get the same messages.  I've also tried switching off my security but it makes no difference.  Any ideas?  J.

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen5.jpg

On 7/26/2018 at 3:29 PM, smink1701 said:

I have windows 10 and the exact same issue.  Wish dev team would fix.  Hate bugs right from the start!

I've had this since I bought BoS earlier in the year, so pre v3.x. It's annoying, but I'm used to it and clicking again. It's a consistent bug and has a consistent fix, but I'd love the game to remember my login rather than going through this step every time. 

On 7/26/2018 at 3:29 PM, smink1701 said:

I have windows 10 and the exact same issue.  Wish dev team would fix.  Hate bugs right from the start!

I've had this since I bought BoS earlier in the year, so pre v3.x. It's annoying, but I'm used to it and clicking again. It's a consistent bug and has a consistent fix, but I'd love the game to remember my login rather than going through this step every time. 

On 7/19/2018 at 10:23 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Just turn off the damn limits. Simple checkbox.

Jason

Jason I don't know if I am hallucinating but I was just playing in VR after that hotfix the other day, the VR limits are way better?! Did you guys tweak them at all? I could lean all the way into the weapon sight on the yak1b-127 just now it was incredible!!! I haven't tested anything else but I had to come on and ask ya. If you guys did thank you so much.

EDIT: seems the yak1b just lets me get much further in, maybe some did get looked at and not others I dunno.

Edited by JonRedcorn

Playing tanks with vr is great, but hope there would be some tweaking to turret crosshair, since current one wont work with vr.

And we need own keybind tab to keymapping for tank controllers, with all keybinds that are available when playing tank crew. Exploring thru keymapping to find those couple commands isnt just fun 😄

1 hour ago, Macross said:

And we need own keybind tab to keymapping for tank controllers, with all keybinds that are available when playing tank crew. 

It should be simplified to provide fun from the game, in example:

You play alone:

A/D = left/right

W/S = next/previous gear

space = stop

mouse = looking around

zoom = binoculars

up/down = on-turret view / inside view

mouse center = gunner view / common view

map actualization = automatically

If you're playing as a team is more complicated because there should be no direct connection between player's role.

You'r team should cooperate by internal / external speaking software or "replace" function when somebody is wounded / died.

You play commander: 

up/down = on-turret view / inside view

mouse = looking around

zoom = binoculars

You play driver: 

A/D = left/right

W/S = next/previous gear

space = stop

You play gunner: 

mouse = looking around at gunner view

You play radioman: (map view)

mouse & click = put the target on map, 

RM = recogonize / describe it,

LM = send message to others teammembers,

[speak] = tell to the commander about new target spotted by team members,

Not certain if this issue was discussed earlier but, I noticed that the windscreen on the FW 190 A-8 is darkened.  Is this deliberate or not error of some kind?

Been away for a while, but with these early birds lacking any form of trim I sure hope we've finally gotten the ability to set up different curves for different aircraft now then?

Edited by Panthera

On 7/27/2018 at 4:53 PM, Livai said:

Can you die in the game for real? - So not exactly like reality - Just a game

Like every game not everything looks how it looks in reality. Sometimes too costy to realise everything sometimes others made their homework much better than others..........

Yes

No there is nothing wrong this video what was a reenactment. Do you think someone is that stupid to chambering live 85mm ammunition into the 85mm main gun and fire them near viewers?!  What the tank fired was not real 85mm ammunition. What I wanted to show was the muzzle flash. Ok not the same as with real 85mm ammunition but similar to the screenshots where the real T-34 fire real 85mm ammunition live in combat nowadays.

Each tank, gun, cannon has different muzzle flashes what makes them unique same as the sound and from me it this a part of realism. I know I need exact examples so I made some better ones what show more what I dislike the most maybe that screenshots (Tiger tank example) below show you better what I mean. For me always depends what is this game more simulator or more arcade. If this should go more simulator direction now with Tank Crew then I don't want to see or pay for lazy homework done.

Reveal hidden contents

I have seen this look like sometimes visible the muzzle flash sometimes not

0:35 = none

2:08 = none

3:25 = none

3:28 = yes

3:37 = yes

Not sure on what is this effect depending? - different ammunition or too fast for the camera?

Yeah I known about the fakes. The video link what I posted was from WW2 reenactment so the ammunition fired there was not the real one. And the Screenshot from the T-34 were from real combat used in modern conflicts so their muzzle flash were from real live ammunition. 

Some did their Homework much better.jpg

Depended on the propellant types used. I remember reading a US report talking about how the Germans used low flash propellants, and that as a result German guns produced little to no visible muzzle flash, making it hard for US tankers to spot a German tank firing at them. By comparison US, British & Russian guns apparently produced a very large visible muzzle flash.

The report was a major one prepared for Eisenhower at wars end regarding how US armor stacked up against German armor, and I clearly remember the part about the flashless propellants, as well lots of other stuff about how the German tanks were found to have better optics, AP rounds etc...

9 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Er... no!

Well that's a bummer. Feel that is quite an essential feature that's been lacking for a while now, and I remember it being pretty key in Rise of Flight if u liked flying more than just one aircraft all the time.

Should be a priority feature at this point IMHO.

Should be a priority feature at this point IMHO.

Anything is possible further down the line I guess... Me, I never bothered with them, but I know many valued their usage.

What the heck ??? A minor update for a game that I will not buy that weighs 7.12GB and an update system going through a torrent tunnel that downloads at 40kb/s, this will take me a full night to download although I have a 15Mb/s bandwith...

Total fail on this one IL2 !!! I'm not pleased at all !

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, BlackPage said:

What the heck ??? A minor update for a game that I will not buy that weighs 7.12GB and an update system going through a torrent tunnel that downloads at 40kb/s, this will take me a full night to download although I have a 15Mb/s bandwith...

In your Launcher settings click the "Prefer web distribution." Useful if your ISP blocks or throttles torrent traffic.

One downside of having a combined shared experience is that the game files do all come in together.

2 hours ago, BlackPage said:

I am not sure but can we get full download speed if we move to steam ???

56 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

I am not sure but can we get full download speed if we move to steam ???

Steam runs pretty well, yes.

• Thanks 1

Help my spitfire artificial horizion is bugged and doesn't show the horizion, instead tilted with the left wing up, about 10 degrees above horizon line

2 hours ago, 18Ry_cav said:

Help my spitfire artificial horizion is bugged and doesn't show the horizion, instead tilted with the left wing up, about 10 degrees above horizon line

Huh? Engine on / off?

I noticed that before sun rise, AA will now engage planes that fly too close, even without searchlights. Nice touch, they are no longer blind to planes doing strafing runs. I need to test this some more to make sure I'm not imagining things, but if it wasn't a one off, it means night missions will come back to my servers.

10 hours ago, 18Ry_cav said:

It will catch up. The gyro lags when turning and will catch up when you settle.  Apparently this is normal. 

Is there a reason for the darkened windscreen on the FW190 A-8?  I noticed in the announcement of the new version of the game the FW190 A-8’s windscreen was clear, so is this an error or intentional?  

3 hours ago, coconut said:

I noticed that before sun rise, AA will now engage planes that fly too close, even without searchlights. Nice touch, they are no longer blind to planes doing strafing runs. I need to test this some more to make sure I'm not imagining things, but if it wasn't a one off, it means night missions will come back to my servers.

I think it's been like this for a while now. Don't know for how long, but it's not because of latest patches.