Jason_Williams

Game version 3.005 discussion: Flying Circus, Tank Crew, Fw 190 A-8

I am curious in what way the damage model for flying circus are improved from rise of flight. I did some testing and they looked almost exactly the same ( from an outside the plane perspective). The damage model from ROF was an amazing, just thought it would not be so similar.

Question about the FW 190 A8: why put as an option the ETC 501 support which was mounted in series on this version? it would have been better to put the MG 151 wing optional which would avoid having a jabo with 4 guns, something unusual.
Similarly it might be possible to remove the MG 131 when choosing sturmbock shields?
I agree with critics of Godspeed on the AI, it's annoying to be shot at 400m by a veteran or ace AI, whereas in fact the veterans were shooting very closely to be sure to hit and save ammunition . This makes any training with AI completely useless and even counterproductive

Edited by Arsenal53

4 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Unfortunately, there are always limitations to what we can do. As far as VR limits go, we have no way to please everyone.

Fully understood.

What I wanted to get across is this: If such limitations exist and a related question pops up, the sooner you inform your customers (or forum members in this particular case) about those limitations, the less fallout you will get on the forums - at least you can rightfully send out the moderators to clean it then, so the better the forum will look and as a result, the shinier the whole game appears.

Communication is the key.

Cheers!

Mike

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

There are other limitations to the VR tech that has NOTHING to do with us. Stop assuming everything is a 'simple' fix.

Jason

We cannot make the limits bigger without clipping. You don't understand how the camera works. I've already been round and round with the team about this months ago. Nothing more we can do about it.

Jason

OK ok then it is a complicated fix, sorry. As others have asked, could we turn off the bump sound please?

Maybe even if it was just some line of text in a file somewhere (no gui option needed?) please? 

11 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

RoF was delivered in 2009 and actively supported for at least five or six years.  How many games are actively worked for anything near that time?  Moving to the BoS engine is costly.  I know we all want stuff, but it costs, especially if you are providing for a relatively low volume niche market.

11 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

You can still play RoF.  It's a great game.

1 minute ago, Doughboy said:

Agreed, to me ROF gives the closest feeling to real flight, I hope Flying Circus is even better, I am sure I will Pony up and buy it, providing there is an active MP community, I think if folks would try it {WW1 Sim } , they would agree it is a great experience.

Since Flying Circus and Tank Crew are both integrated with IL2 BoX, are we someday going to have WW1 era tanks?  That would be incredible!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Did I mention how badass these tanks are? They look super detailed and realistic. The way the light reflects on the skins are also very nice. I can't wait to get more TC content! I'm liking it waaaaay more than I thought I would. You guys have done an amazing job with it so far.

Pardon me for being less than clued in... but are the Tank Crew tanks available in the QMB tanks missions on maps other than Lapino?

13 minutes ago, Aardvark892 said:

Since Flying Circus and Tank Crew are both integrated with IL2 BoX, are we someday going to have WW1 era tanks?  That would be incredible!

That would be pretty freakin' cool... They'd most definitely have to create some sort of infantry to go with them though.

So three days ago my CH Products rudder pedals finally gave out after over 13 years of use.  We're moving in a couple weeks, so I boxed up my desktop two days ago.  One day ago, they announce this!  AARGGh the inhumanity of it all!

• Like 1

Just bought Flying Circus and tried both the Spad and the Dr1: I think both planes feel much better in this sim environment and I like their stall and spin behaviour in IL-2. Also,  the DM and ballistics improvement that porting these planes to Il-2 has resulted in is a great step in the right direction I think.

Glad I bought FC vol 1 and recommended anyone still sitting on the fence to take the plunge!

PS: The BOBP Fw-190 A8 is also very nice. Keep up the good work and looking forward to the later BOBP&FC additions! :good:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

I am curious in what way the damage model for flying circus are improved from rise of flight. I did some testing and they looked almost exactly the same ( from an outside the plane perspective). The damage model from ROF was an amazing, just thought it would not be so similar.

I don't think there have been significant changes to the visual damage model.

However, I'm noticing that PK's and gutting the engine is happening a lot more frequently (as it should) rather than catastrophic wing failure from shooting holes in canvas.

I'm liking the direction the DM is going - the majority of aerial victories against WWI aircraft should come from shooting the squishy pilot through painted canvas.

12 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Pardon me for being less than clued in... but are the Tank Crew tanks available in the QMB tanks missions on maps other than Lapino?

Yes - I was driving the Pz. IV in the Moscow area last night.

Edited by Space_Ghost
  • Upvote 2

Glad to see something's being done.

I hope to hope this is not just fixing the link account issue, which is a minor thing compared to what we have to deal with while trying to play.

9 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

Yes - I was driving the Pz. IV in the Moscow area last night.

Thank you for that, but are the Tiger and the KV-1 available on all maps?.

How far along is flying circus?

Is everything that is on the store page already included (though under developed) or will I be limited to a few planes in a mission generator?

Are there WW1 maps and missions and things? Not looking for much btw, standard of the old BOS missions before the update would be quite acceptable for now. What about VR performance as well... better worse or as good as BOX? Finally bugs how many, and how big?

Thanks guys.

5 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

Dear Friends,

Update 3.005 was a huge one, so we weren't able to find and squash all the bugs before the release. As usual, we addressed the main problems ASAP and are releasing this hotfix.

18. Engine sound volume corrected for all aircraft;

IL-2 Sturmovik team

Brilliant!! I look forward to getting home and flying again!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Wolf8312 said:

How far along is flying circus?

Is everything that is on the store page already included (though under developed) or will I be limited to a few planes in a mission generator?

Are there WW1 maps and missions and things? Not looking for much btw, standard of the old BOS missions before the update would be quite acceptable for now. What about VR performance as well... better worse or as good as BOX? Finally bugs how many, and how big?

Thanks guys.

At the moment, all there is a Dr.1 and Spad XIII you can use in QMB and multiplayer. The rest will be added over time till release. 

Thanks Sneaksie to you and all the team for your continued efforts,and time to fix these issues quickly.

:good:

Thanks much for the quick hotfix!

Especially appreciate the fix for the engine sounds!

Though limited at present, Flying Circus is FUN. I've had ROF since shortly after it's release and FC seems and feels a bit smoother and better. Besides playing a quick mission when you are a WWI Spad and your opponent is a WWII B-109 is a REAL challenge!:biggrin:

Great work developers!

Edited by skline00

Unfortunately the hotfix hasnt fixed the random dserver.exe crashing, running a server is being a right pain [edited] at the moment.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
unnecesary

Sneaksie: Great job by you and your team and THANKS for the log of fixes.

As I mentioned above what fun it is to be in a WWI Spad and be buzzed by a WWII B-109. WOW!

As we probably don't say it  often enough, thanks to the team, the whole team from Jason and his staff to the testers for the improvements and rapid fixes whenever possible for found issues. There is so much more that is good in this sim than there are issues that prevent my enjoyment of it. For the $$$ I've spent so far, I've gotten 100s of hours of entertainment. Thank you all. 

• Upvote 5

Yeah flying the WWI planes is a fun change and I am enjoying it, plus pretty sure the guys in my Spit Kuban Career are enjoying a few days off.

Finally I think my tummy is acclimating to these WWI planes in VR, was a little tough on it at first.

IL2 Famous Battles is the Best Flight Sim in the Leaving World ! :-)

Is it possible to operate the coaxial machine gun on the KV-1?

I haven't been able to find a way to use it. There is an ammo counter for it so I assume there should be a way to operate it.

Any ideas?

5 minutes ago, Tyggz said:

Is it possible to operate the coaxial machine gun on the KV-1?

I haven't been able to find a way to use it. There is an ammo counter for it so I assume there should be a way to operate it.

Any ideas

Right mouse button

Have just bought & am in the process of downloading & installing Flying Circus & Tanks a Lot ( er...Tank Crew...) Install may take a while but I am all in now & will flying & drivinf later today!!!!

YAY!

The Sparrow & the Hawk 1.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Upvote 1

Salutations and welcome to the IL2 world. You are in for some fun challenges. :salute:

You guys are AWESOME!!

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Have just bought & am in the process of downloading & installing Flying Circus & Tanks a Lot ( er...Tank Crew...) Install may take a while but I am all in now & will flying & drivinf later today!!!!

YAY!

The Sparrow & the Hawk 1.jpg

I love those old aviation oriented comic books.

3 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

Dear Friends,

Update 3.005 was a huge one, so we weren't able to find and squash all the bugs before the release. As usual, we addressed the main problems ASAP and are releasing this hotfix.

22. Mission resaver (the utility for server hosters) has been updated.

IL-2 Sturmovik team

Unfortunately, that does not work for me. DServer.exe refuses to load the msnbin files generated by resaver.exe, even after the hotfix.

• Upvote 1