Jason_Williams

Game version 3.005 discussion: Flying Circus, Tank Crew, Fw 190 A-8

Just now, Voidhunger said:

its possible to use track ir inside the tanks? I cant figure it out

Yes it is, it's what i'm doing right now ;)

WHERE ARE MY BADGES????

You guys are the shizzle. Fo rizzle.

• Haha 2

Note: The 50mm sub-calibre round is listed as having 443mm penetration at 1km (instead of 43mm).

Whooee, these tight fast turning circles are wearing on me in VR lol. 

I might have missed something but I recall expanded Career mission types being planned for June.

This has obviously changed, but are there any news on this front?

Good work on those 4K cockpits for FC; though I admit I'm a bit sad that the same kind of attention isn't given to IL-2.

I'm very excited about this... having purchased all ROF content over the years makes the discount much appreciated! Although I am not looking forward to the day that I delete my ROF Installation once all ROF content has been migrated to IL2.

Edited by NumeroX

How do I move the turret in Tanks? Also, how do I get behind the gunsight and shoot? Space doesn't seem to do anything.

EDIT: Never mind, it's the turret controls: T and Shift+T by default.

Second question: is it possible to do multicrew tank in multiplayer? Say, a buddy drives, I control the turret?

Edited by Milopapa

Thanks for the extra $15 discount, blimey, forgot how much I spent on ROF over the years! 😁

fc2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dburne said:

Whooee, these tight fast turning circles are wearing on me in VR lol. 

🤢

Does the AI stick to the ROF tactic of slowly descending in a left hand turn and disregarding any advantages it may have or is it following what we'd expect from IL-2 AI logic?

Edited by Space_Ghost

Thanks a bunch Devs you need to put this all on hold for 2 weeks until I get paid!!!!

Nice work xx

Edited by AeroAce

5 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

🤢

Does the AI stick to the ROF tactic of slowly descending in a left hand turn and disregarding any advantages it may have or is it following what we'd expect from IL-2 AI logic?

From what little I have seen so far probably more IL-2 logic. The ones where I get into a turn fight they are diving ( I would not say slowly) and peeling right and pulling tight circles, then eventually climbing and changing direction. This with me in the Spad.

I keep having to take breaks to calm tummy down lol.

Edited by dburne

Exciting, but gee, both on the same day? I'm fresh out of college, going to have to go with out a few meals to afford these... Look forward to trying them both though. 

9 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

🤢

Just one single duel with a random AI in a DR1, it scissored back and forth and ended up in a right hand turn while I peppered it with the Spad. Dead pilot animation must be missing because after a while the DR1 cockpit was empy... maybe he jumped and I didnt notice... 😎

Fact is flying these crates in VR is just so awesome I didnt really focus on AI behavior.

And yes, the RoF promo code was appreciated.

Edited by Nibbio

5 minutes ago, Nibbio said:

Just one single duel with a random AI in a DR1, it scissored back and forth and ended up in a right hand turn while I peppered it with the Spad. Dead pilot animation must be missing because after a while the DR1 cockpit was empy... maybe he jumped and I didnt notice... 😎

Fact is flying these crates in VR is just so awesome I didnt really focus on AI behavior.

And yes, the RoF promo code was appreciated.

What does the visual damage model look like? Pictures please!

Really enjoying my new toys, thx a lot!

Does anybody know by chance how many mils the tick marks in the Tiger gu sight are?

Could not resist and purchased both... now sitting in my Tiger in AWE... the sound of the engine, the little details of animations and such.. mindblowing! now a question tho... how do you use the periscope of the driver? and what will the other 2 crewmembers do in the tank (radio and cmdr) (and for the Flying Circus... i am in love with flying those awesome planes... shooting my enemy with my luger up close and personal 😄)

Just now, Danziger said:

Anybody tried to bail out of a WW1 plane yet?

I think that will end in a SPLAT!

1 hour ago, Milopapa said:

How do I move the turret in Tanks? Also, how do I get behind the gunsight and shoot? Space doesn't seem to do anything.

EDIT: Never mind, it's the turret controls: T and Shift+T by default.

Second question: is it possible to do multicrew tank in multiplayer? Say, a buddy drives, I control the turret?

Salutations,

My preliminary tank observations. Visually outstanding models.

Mouse moves the turret and ones head from the hatches.

LCtrl+C moves one from crew position to position.

RAlt+C moves one from each crew position to the crew positions open hatch position.

[E] key still starts and stops the engine.

[T] key still takes control of the turret. 

Left Shift+T takes one to the Cannon Sight. /MG? from MG position? NOTE: one can fire the cannon and the machine gun without changing ammo type.

Mouse wheel is used for Zoom.

Left mouse button fires Cannon. 

Right mouse button fires Machine Gun.

Cursor Keys used to drive the tank.

We should be able to multicrew in a tank. If not now, eventually. So, yes, multiplay should be expected.

Edited by Thad
subscript deletion
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Picchio said:

What does the visual damage model look like? Pictures please!

At the end of the fight the Dr1 was well shot up and smoking, with clear visual damage on wings and fuselage: when it hit the ground it crumpled nicely and broke into pieces, no giant fireball, very detailed and believable IMO.

In a separate flight I managed to overrev and damage the Dr1 engine in a dive, landed and promptly ground looped; in another flight with the Spad I ripped both wings off in a sharp recovery from a fast dive... sorry Picchio took no pics

1 minute ago, =gRiJ=Alado said:

sorry mates i will no buy this, it seem like a facelift, and too expensive, and no pay again for the same.

It is a face lift! Each to there own

1 minute ago, =gRiJ=Alado said:

sorry mates i will no buy this, it seem like a facelift, and too expensive, and no pay again for the same.

Thanks for letting us all know!

Toodles! 🙋‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Space_Ghost said:

Thanks for letting us all know!

Toodles! 🙋‍♂️

No no no...

Just because they don't buy or play doesn't mean they can't hang out on the forum and whine about it.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, E4GLEyE said:

how do you use the periscope of the driver?

Should be the same like in the PzKw III, 'Open Hatch' command.

10 minutes ago, E4GLEyE said:

and what will the other 2 crewmembers do in the tank (radio and cmdr)

Radio operator shoots the front machinegun in the hull, the comander can open his hatch to have free view and see what is around the tank.

4 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

So i am very interested in details 😄

• There was a 3D error with the oxygen bottles in the He 111 H-16.
  • The Spitfire IX has had its cushioned headrest removed (credits to @HBPencil for that one :))
  • A-20: the water droplets that formed on the magnetic compass should be gone
  • Bf 109 G-14: the water temperature gauge was showing the wrong value

Great work fellas - took the Dr1 for a spin over The Kuban..:cool:. Lol - still on the fence about Tank Crew, but have become a viewer of YouTuber The Chieftan - and I imagine there'll be some Tiger, KV action on YouTube very soon so....

This is awesome, what a nice middle week surprise from devs! Im currently saving for pedals so I wouldnt be able to buy Flying circus for a while but I will.

Edited by blackram

2 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

Did we get any details about the small details that were updated?

Unfortunately, no...

Not even bothering with a simple change log is pretty disappointing.

Saw it, bought it, no time to play with it yet.

Nevertheless, big thanks for this great new toy 😎

Cheers!

Mike

Whoopee! I am off to go purchase Flying Circus now.

2 hours ago, Arsenal53 said:

i think you must give back the possibility to adjust the responses of axes commands plane by plane as in ROF

2 hours ago, dburne said:

That is certainly a drawback, especially with these kites not having trim.

And I agree with those sentiments also. I have only been playing BoX since May and other than Bodenplatte have only purchased the Spitfire Vb and Kittyhawk Ia. But I am rather missing both the responses and import/export controls features that RoF provided.

Edited by Oliver88