Jason_Williams

Game version 3.005 discussion: Flying Circus, Tank Crew, Fw 190 A-8

10 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Anyone else having an issue with the Fw190 A8 throttle and ATA?

ATA gauge in cockpit won't go over 1.2 in level flight when i have 100% throttle and even when I activate boost.

The technochat says I'm in combat/emergency mode but you can tell the plane is very slow and is not really using more than 1.2 ATA.

Maybe you are in the altitude where 1st supercharger speed starts losing pressure, before engaging the 2nd speed. IIRC it's around 2-3k.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Maybe you are in the altitude where 1st supercharger speed starts losing pressure, before engaging the 2nd speed. IIRC it's around 2-3k.

Thx, I'll have to test at different alittudes then.

Edit: seems to work around 3000, so must be a supercharger thing.

Edited by Jade_Monkey

I'm aware that we're in the early stages of the development of the Tank Crew interface, but anyways, here goes, regarding single player / multi player tanking:

I'm into the single player tanking, and am not sure if I'll have any interest in multi player tanking (meaning here, multiple players crewing 1 tank).

One of the top features for me, of the original T34 and Pz3 has been, to ride around with the hatch open, looking around, using mouse control of the entire turret to move the hatch out of way when it obstructs vision. This is particularly important in the T34 with the big hatch. Yes I see there's a realism argument against that, but I don't care.

Did some missions today in the KV1 and was quite irritated by the large blind zone to my left, created by the open hatch, which I couldn't remedy by turning the turret to the left. I'm sure a tank commander could tell the gunner to turn the turret, in order to see better. And if I operate the tank as single player, I'm all of those guys...

It would be terrible if this new interface of not being able to turn the turret when looking out, was transplanted to the T34 with the big hatch. You'd see nothing.

Edited by stupor-mundi

How long should I expect to wait for another plane, a campaign, or a mission? I only have BoBP so I don't get most of IL-2's supposed "best features".

On 8/5/2018 at 7:12 AM, Specter0420 said:

I just started getting into the IL2 series but didn't have enough money to spend on multiple modules. I really like the plane list for BOBP MUCH more than any of the others and purchased it for $70. I knew it was pre-release with only a few planes but I didn't realize what an empty game it is, nothing but quickstart and being a gunner in MP maps... Now I come here and it sounds like development is very slow from the way you guys are talking... I fly strictly VR and the multiplayer chat seems broken, I can hear dings but don't see text anywhere (show multiplayer chat or w/e it is called is checked in options) and I don't get any external views in VR. The damage model is superb and so is the VR performance, there is just no content at all and the VR experience seems broken. I know many people hold the IL2 flight model in high regard but I find it is subpar compared to DCS, it reminds me more of War Thunder with all the BF-109 full aft stick flying I do. Hopefully that is because these 3 planes are pre-release. Hopefully someone here can put me at ease.

4 hours ago, Specter0420 said:

How long should I expect to wait for another plane, a campaign, or a mission? I only have BoBP so I don't get most of IL-2's supposed "best features".

mate... it's not an "empty game" it's your fault for purchasing a product in it's earliest state without doing due diligence. If you wanted a full game experience you should've purchased a finished product that has a finished map and thus has the campaign mode available. Blaming the game for you errors wont get you anywhere. If you don't want to pick up any other installments of the game you're just gonna have to wait for SP or play online.

P.S. the reason you're not getting externals views online isn't cause of VR it's cause external views are disabled online on most servers because they're giving an unfair advantage if used to spot planes around you.

• Upvote 4

Is there going to be infantry in tank crew? The German tanks main job was old fashioned infantry support at Kursk, trying to knock out MGs and guns before they decimate the infantry. It does not need to be very detailed, just be able to advance, to die and to shoot Russkies when they get close enough. 

And the Soviet infantry can hide in trenches and foxholes, and chuck AT grenades onto German tanks and run out and dump mines right in front of German tanks, to cripple them. 

Edited by hames123

7 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

mate... it's not an "empty game" it's your fault for purchasing a product in it's earliest state without doing due diligence. If you wanted a full game experience you should've purchased a finished product that has a finished map and thus has the campaign mode available. Blaming the game for you errors wont get you anywhere. If you don't want to pick up any other installments of the game you're just gonna have to wait for SP or play online.

P.S. the reason you're not getting externals views online isn't cause of VR it's cause external views are disabled online on most servers because they're giving an unfair advantage if used to spot planes around you.

Why can't one of you just answer that question? "How long should I expect to wait for another plane, a campaign, or a mission?" The answer would take less effort than your useless rant. I'm trying to get into IL-2 here, and bought the pack with planes I will enjoy. The three I get right now are among my top five and the rest should be covered at some unknown point in the future. That is the only reason I am here so, yes, that is my fault. Enjoy your dead game in 2 years if you keep pushing noobs away. 

coconut was very helpful though. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased with this game, so much so that I want more and his response gives me hope for this community.

If you just bought the DCS Hornet on pre-release, I could tell you that it would come with a powerful mission editor, dozens of active servers to choose from and actually fly in, several quickstart missions, training missions, and more. I could tell you that you should expect new features, weapons, systems, functionality, and general updates just about every week or two. Maybe IL-2 isn't like that? I don't think I just bought a "pre-release" that is just a dead demo that won't evolve until the full version releases, so answer the question; How long should I expect wait for feature updates?

PS: The views were already explained to me by coconut, I set the hardest difficulty wanting to test the flight model and didn't think about what that would do to the views. I was in single player because almost nobody lets me fly in any of the 6 active servers (I found a good Russian dogfight and duel server though that has people sometimes).

@Specter0420 Historically we will get a plane released every one to two months in EA for a BOX title. And don't worry about some of the old timers comments on here. They will defend the game at all costs. I think the devs do need to lay out a clearer road map for the EA schedule especially in the store because if you are a new player and you have not been constantly reading the information on the fourm it is actually quite unclear how EA will work. The store just has one line saying "you can fly the planes as they are ready" which IMO is a bit vague especially if you are new and have not been on the fourm.  The store should at least advise customers to go read the relevant pages on the fourm before making a purchase and have a link to the DD. 

Edited by AeroAce

I have a feeling the P-47 will be released soon. I am so stoked for this plane!

3 hours ago, Specter0420 said:

powerful mission editor

If you are interested in mission building, the BOX mission editor should work with your BoBP stuff. It is very powerful.

4 hours ago, Specter0420 said:

Why can't one of you just answer that question? "How long should I expect to wait for another plane, a campaign, or a mission?" The answer would take less effort than your useless rant. I'm trying to get into IL-2 here, and bought the pack with planes I will enjoy. The three I get right now are among my top five and the rest should be covered at some unknown point in the future. That is the only reason I am here so, yes, that is my fault. Enjoy your dead game in 2 years if you keep pushing noobs away. 

PS: The views were already explained to me by coconut, I set the hardest difficulty wanting to test the flight model and didn't think about what that would do to the views. I was in single player because almost nobody lets me fly in any of the 6 active servers (I found a good Russian dogfight and duel server though that has people sometimes).

We can't answer that. When the developers have such things completed, we receive them.

"nobody lets me fly in any of the 6 active servers". One has to wonder why.

Spector0420, don't go away mad,  just go away.