LUZITANO

IL-2 Battle of Finland

2 hours ago, LLv44_Kanttori said:

though that they get two aircrafts "easily" when modelling at first the Ilyushin DB-3 and then with some mods it becomes the Ilyushin DB-3F = IL-4. It was used over all the Russian fronts during the Great Patriotic War!

I'm surprisedd that this airplane isn't in the game. It was widely used by the Soviets. I'd love to see it added. One reason, I'll admit, is that it would make a great faux Japanese bomber for Pacific (Kuban Map) missions. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LLv44_Kanttori said:

My Finnish Air Force aircaft setup, what is your opinion of that? :)

Very nice.

And obviously, this can be supplemented with the existing Bf 109 G-2 and G-6 or Ju 88 A-4 aircraft for a scenario set during the Continuation War.

Just out of interest, why the Blenheim Mk.IV and not the Mk.I?

Spoiler

Blenheim-luonetjarvi.jpg

The only major omission from your list seems to be the MS.406, but I really can't see what should be removed to accommodate it. Everything that is already included looks rather critical. Perhaps the MS.460 could be the "collector plane"?

PS: Personal note... I'd like to see the Do 22 Kl  🙂

Edited by xvii-Dietrich
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 3:04 AM, LLv44_Kanttori said:

I just updated that present time map where you can see the becoming Karelia map's area. The south coast of Gulf of Finland is still open (to be or not to be?) and we think about it.

I think the new map, with 30-40 km extension to south compared to the original one, looks great and adds lots of possibilities to include Luftwaffe into various scenarios, too. I understand it adds a lot of work to the project, though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/14/2018 at 10:57 AM, xvii-Dietrich said:

Reveal hidden contents

Blenheim-luonetjarvi.jpg

The only major omission from your list seems to be the MS.406, but I really can't see what should be removed to accommodate it. Everything that is already included looks rather critical. Perhaps the MS.460 could be the "collector plane"?PS: Personal note... I'd like to see the Do 22 Kl  🙂

You cannot get everything. In Finnish fronts the M.S. 406 was not very good interceptor or fighter because of it's weak armament. It has also the worst aerial victories ratio of our fighters, even the Fokker D.XXI was better fighter... ;)

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2018 at 1:11 PM, LLv44_Kanttori said:

You cannot get everything. In Finnish fronts the M.S. 406 was not very good interceptor or fighter because of it's weak armament. It has also the worst aerial victories ratio of our fighters, even the Fokker D.XXI was better fighter... ;)

The center mounted 20mm Hispano in the MS 406 is nice though, even if it only has 60 rounds, better than the DXXI and G.50 for example. If I had to put the MS 406 in there and replace another fighter it would be the G.50 I guess. There could be mods to make it a MS 410 with the better radiator and two extra 7.7mm. Apparently both the G.50 and MS 406 are similar in performance, speed, engine power and wing loading.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had to say that it would be a dream to see that Karelian map come to life.

I wish the team to succeed and I want to say that I love the Veliki Lukie map already, but damn having Leningrad and stuff would be insane 😄

If the map comes to life I can totally see the devs or their contractor make us a couple premium planes for this map (starting with my beloved I-153).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/14/2018 at 3:20 AM, Poochnboo said:

I'm surprisedd that this airplane isn't in the game. It was widely used by the Soviets. I'd love to see it added. One reason, I'll admit, is that it would make a great faux Japanese bomber for Pacific (Kuban Map) missions.  

Soviets really do need another level bomber. Unfortunately DB-3 and Il-4 are nowehre near as good as the Pe-2, which might be one of the reasons why they arent discussed much...

5 planes each, B-239, Hawk 75, G.50, Blenheim, MS.406 and I-15, I-153, I-16 early, Hurricane and DB-3 would be great AND it would support both France 1940 and early East Front!