Sign in to follow this  
Mysticpuma

Would love it if BoX Devs would consider implementation of a photo mode

Flight Sims are as we know a fantastic experience on many different levels. There are those who fly in Groups, there are those who like creating campaigns, those who build missions and a whole host of other reasons enjoy them. One of the most popular threads on this and many other forums is the screenshot and video thread.

One reason I see screenshots and videos as essential to any community is the fact that they get shared across personal FB accounts, Twitter, WhatsApp and any other social platforms and forums you can think of.....and every view is FREE publicity for the SIM and it's developer. This can spark interest, discussion , feedback and ultimately new sales which as we know are essential for a Simple to survive.

So with that in mind and now we have DX11 and 64-bit capabilities I wonder how hard it would be to create a photo mode and integrate it into BoX?

Now I obviously appreciate that FM, DM, new maps and models take priority....but there are a vast number of players who like making and sharing screenshots but with a little work from the Devs, being able to change focal length of the lens, change the camera position, change focus point and depth of field, add your, etc, etc to name a few features, the resulting screenshots would not only be cinematic but they would be incredibly popular even to print as posters (and once seen...even more publicity).

With the upcoming Bodenplatte expansion and the large American market coming into play there will most likely be a lot of Squadrons activating and screenshots created (and videos).

I obviously appreciate that the current setup can create limited images but these then have to be exported to Photoshop and you are limited with  the initial capture to edit. The possibility of having a photographer's tools available to truly open up the screenshots would be an incredibly useful asset and allow for some fantastically creative images (camera low on the ground, Mustang's lined up, sun setting, telephoto lens, polarised sky, etc, etc.

It would be really useful too to be able to compose in 1080P for example but render an output at 4K or 8K at-least.

Here are a couple of examples of current games that offer a photo mode and as can be seen the scope can be huge (move camera around, recompose, change lighting?

Photomode Gt6:

The Order 

Just putting it out there because I think this would be really popular and a benefit to the publicity for the team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I also want to add , it would be a good indirect marketing method  , to add more cenamatic views “F2-F12” 

11 minutes ago, PA_Spartan- said:

I would love a gun camera imitating the old ones in shaky black and white.

that's what i meant by my comment , it would be awesome to see a lot of youtube videos of il-2 gumcam with WW2 video capture effect 

NVIDIA has this

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/ansel/

Its just released