Hi guys, I saw in the War Thunder forums (I know, "War Thunder") some complex graphics that show the turning performance of a certain plane at a certain speed, with different Gs. Those got me interested on looking for some graphics like those for the planes we have in BOS. Do you know about any of them?

• Upvote 1

I've created a spreadsheet that will generate EM diagrams based on in game test data but I haven't seen much need for it in the community really

8 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

I'm wondering how reliable that data is though.

G2, G4 and G6 got the same values also. 

Is these parameters Developers or measured by Wookiecat ? I mean , I have no particular knowledge about the 109 and the different versions performance , But I am quite sure this should not be correct

Hey guys, I am the one who wrote this.  More info here: 

But yes essentially this was pulled from in game AI limitations.  Player flown planes could operate marginally outside of these ranges (some of that discussion is had in the link above.)

It's also not totally devoid of bugs, so feel free to let me know if you find any (like stated earlier in this thread.)  But also keep in mind sometimes the Dev's may have placed AI limitation identical to other closely related planes.  

The graphs are pulled from in game AI.  The tables are pulled from plane info pages (such as those found in your briefing for your plane.)  So none of this content was gathered by me or others.  Important to note, I am too lazy to do the science of gathering this stuff on my own. 😄

Edited by FFS_Vapor

On 7/15/2018 at 12:12 AM, SYN_Requiem said:

I've created a spreadsheet that will generate EM diagrams based on in game test data but I haven't seen much need for it in the community really

I would love to see these or the tool Requiem

3 hours ago, Bert_Foster said:

I would love to see these or the tool Requiem

Sure thing Burt. I made this back in 2016 when I started seriously reading Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators and wanted to see if I create something in Excel to put to use. I don't have Excel installed right now (I'm using OpenOffice) so although it looks a bit different I know the lines in Excel are perfect. I did consider making a tutorial explaining this stuff back then but I think it's beyond the scope of what the vast majority of sim pilots want/need.

This is the template. You'll note that Load Factor (1.5G through 9G) and Turn Radii aren't labeled as my plan was to separate things on different graphs initially to keep it looking clean/simple and not adding an extra layer of confusion straight away.

543607261_EMTemplate.png.35486f41d2a415ea2f6803607ea5c8f2.png

This is a simple example with the Yak-1 @ 5000ft. I performed a quick test taking the average time of three 360° turns at various given airspeeds, throwing the data in, then you get what you see here. The far right vertical line is Vne while the other red line is Va (calculated using Vs from the Yak's  specifications page). The blue line is the calculated Yak test data.

447079105_YakEM.thumb.png.ca4ea3149d46b14b03aa0448ffad2432.png

I've wanted to go back and do more with this but there is zero chance I have the time to do this for every airplane. It would have to be a real community effort if this kind of data is wanted. I'll have to reinstall Excel so I can mess around with this again.

That is an awesome effort. A community effort well worth it imo. We could end up with something like IL2 compare if its done properly ... just need to drag Youry Puzina to the party :)