Bies

Using cockpit gauges vs. technochat - Adding an option to turn off the “technochat” in realism menu by server administrator

2 hours ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

2). This implies that flying "labels on" in servers that have "labels off" as the setting is more common than we would like to believe.  

No, it implies that the message tells you who you just shot down.  If they see that and they don't like you then they'll probably keep shooting 

23 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

No, it implies that the message tells you who you just shot down.  If they see that and they don't like you then they'll probably keep shooting 

Well, diverting one's eyes to the far left side of the screen to focus on that while still shooting would explain a lot of the shitty marksmanship that can be seen.  :hunter:

19 minutes ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

Well, diverting one's eyes to the far left side of the screen to focus on that while still shooting would explain a lot of the shitty marksmanship that can be seen.  :hunter:

If you can't read the message, why do you want it shut off?

22 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

If you can't read the message, why do you want it shut off?

Oh, I can read it - when I have it on.  Most of the time I ignore it or am too focused on other things to bother to look.  If I am curious about who it was, I look at the chat log afterwards.  

I really don't get why you're making such an issue of this.  In the post I made that you quoted and spun your way, I stated at the VERY TOP that these were ****options****  I'd like to see available to server ops.  The operative word here is >>>>options<<<<<.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Posted July 9 (edited)

Just became aware of this thread.  These are the ideas I'd like to see as server options:

1). Technochat off. 

2) Anonymous teams in the scoreboard screen.  You could see the amount of players on the other team but, not names or scores.  You would only be able to see your own team's names and score.  You wouldn't see the other team's overall score either. You would have to gauge progress or losses by only your team's overall score. Full reveal of players on teams and both team's scores would only be on the final result screen for the match and webpage stats posted after the match.

3) Kill info removed from chat.  Player destroyed player X, plane type X or ground target type X would be removed.  Players would only see results with their own eyes or in the debrief screen.

4) Opponents did sometimes hijack each other's radio channels so, general chat still allowed, but anonymous (and still at the player's option to disable).  General chat would show the name of the person talking only to their team.  If someone wanted the other team to know they were there, they would have to announce themselves.  If "Hans Aceman" jumped onto the enemy frequency and talked trash, I doubt the opponent would be like "I recognize that voice! Oh crap! It's Hans Aceman!".   Granted, there was probably a system in place for switching radio channels to "clean" ones when the enemy flooded the comms but, we don't have anything like that in-game so, it is what it is...  Yes we have team-only chat but, the general chat still comes in. I'd be ok with permanent team-only chat settings too.

Edited July 9 by =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ

You snipped it to make it look like I was advocating setting hard rules upon all and they were going to like it or else.  You only quoted point #3 and responded to it in a way that attempted to negate the operative word I employed for the whole post >>>options<<<.  Feel free to not include me in you attempts to "soundbite" my posts to fit the narrative you wish to create. 

Also you might want to do us all a favor and remove the stick.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, II./JG77_Kemp said:

If you have a problem understanding these analogies, then it is probably you that needs to do some work on it. 

"Overheating" warning in this game is very comparable to "Queen in danger" warning in a chess game, for example.

One day I'll find out how someone like yourself can retype something completely different to what they were being quoted for and play it off like it was what you originally typed.

Your original analogy specifically stated that the chat would give tactical advice in a chess game. Engine temp warnings, which are not even the example of the tech chat that has been getting attention here, are not equivalent to tactical advice. 

1 hour ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

I really don't get why you're making such an issue of this. 

I’m not.  I told you that it’s already an option and I sort of wondered why you wanted it on.  It turns out that the answer seems to be “because options”.  

Oh, I can read it - when I have it on.  Most of the time I ignore it or am too focused on other things to bother to look.  If I am curious about who it was, I look at the chat log afterwards.  

I really don't get why you're making such an issue of this.  In the post I made that you quoted and spun your way, I stated at the VERY TOP that these were ****options****  I'd like to see available to server ops.  The operative word here is >>>>options<<<<<.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Posted July 9 (edited)

Just became aware of this thread.  These are the ideas I'd like to see as server options:

1). Technochat off. 

2) Anonymous teams in the scoreboard screen.  You could see the amount of players on the other team but, not names or scores.  You would only be able to see your own team's names and score.  You wouldn't see the other team's overall score either. You would have to gauge progress or losses by only your team's overall score. Full reveal of players on teams and both team's scores would only be on the final result screen for the match and webpage stats posted after the match.

3) Kill info removed from chat.  Player destroyed player X, plane type X or ground target type X would be removed.  Players would only see results with their own eyes or in the debrief screen.

4) Opponents did sometimes hijack each other's radio channels so, general chat still allowed, but anonymous (and still at the player's option to disable).  General chat would show the name of the person talking only to their team.  If someone wanted the other team to know they were there, they would have to announce themselves.  If "Hans Aceman" jumped onto the enemy frequency and talked trash, I doubt the opponent would be like "I recognize that voice! Oh crap! It's Hans Aceman!".   Granted, there was probably a system in place for switching radio channels to "clean" ones when the enemy flooded the comms but, we don't have anything like that in-game so, it is what it is...  Yes we have team-only chat but, the general chat still comes in. I'd be ok with permanent team-only chat settings too.

Edited July 9 by =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ

You snipped it to make it look like I was advocating setting hard rules upon all and they were going to like it or else.  You only quoted point #3 and responded to it in a way that attempted to negate the operative word I employed for the whole post >>>options<<<.  Feel free to not include me in you attempts to "soundbite" my posts to fit the narrative you wish to create. 

Also you might want to do us all a favor and remove the stick.  

There aren’t enough servers active to give players all these choices so there’s no point in having so many options. 90% of the time your choices are Wings of Liberty or Wings of Liberty.

33 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I’m not.  I told you that it’s already an option and I sort of wondered why you wanted it on.  It turns out that the answer seems to be “because options”.  

Right on.  

At the time I wrote that I didn't know it was already an option.

I want to make it clear, I don't want to take away anybody else's options.   I just would like to fly on servers where everybody who participates agrees on this one.  If they already exist and someone knows which ones they are, I'd like to know so I can check them out.

11 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

There aren’t enough servers active to give players all these choices so there’s no point in having so many options. 90% of the time your choices are Wings of Liberty or Wings of Liberty.

I always count 20+ servers I can access when I check the list.  WoL just has the highest population on average.  I suspect that it's because it has GPS, the maps have most of the planes available no matter what module(s) you bought and moderation is almost non-existent.  (But mostly the lack of moderation.)  

Lack of populated servers does not make options for potentially new servers pointless.  Perhaps it lowers the priority to add such things, but it doesn't negate the possibility they could be added. 

That's like the current YouTube model that makes videos that haven't earned any money after a "trial period" unable to earn money in the future. 

Edited by =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ

1 hour ago, Fumes said:

One day I'll find out how someone like yourself can retype something completely different to what they were being quoted for and play it off like it was what you originally typed.

You mean, one day you will learn to read? What I originally typed: "These warning messages are like playing chess online and having the chess program warn you, when you are in a danger of being checkmated or losing an important piece..." . 

That is completely different from what I retyped: ""Overheating" warning in this game is very comparable to "Queen in danger" warning in a chess game"?

I guess it is another "objective fact" in your world, but I suspect that many people with elementary reading skills might find some similarities between what I originally typed and then retyped.

1 hour ago, Fumes said:

Engine temp warnings, which are not even the example of the tech chat that has been getting attention here, ...

Again, allow me to quote myself from a couple of messages back: "most people are not wanting to turn it fully off, but just get rid of the "engine mode" and temp warnings and other arcadish things like that...".

Some people with elementary reading skills might say that temp warnings are exactly an example of the tech chat that has been getting attention here.

Edited by II./JG77_Kemp

I always count 20+ servers I can access when I check the list.  WoL just has the highest population on average.  

WoL doesn’t just have the highest population. The majority of the times it has the only population. Unless you want to play on an empty server. 

Thats just how flight sims are these days. All the players in the world will only fit on a single server. So whatever option that sever has is what you’ll be stuck with. There aren’t enough populated servers to worry about this multitude of options. 

If technochat was a server option WoL would probably have it on. So there’s not much point to this thread. 

Edited by SharpeXB

2 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

WoL doesn’t just have the highest population. The majority of the times it has the only population. Unless you want to play on an empty server. 

Thats just how flight sims are these days. All the players in the world will only fit on a single server. So whatever option that sever has is what you’ll be stuck with. There aren’t enough populated servers to worry about this multitude of options. 

If technochat was a server option WoL would probably have it on. So there’s not much point to this thread. 

Well, sometimes you find yourself alone when you would rather have other options than the chick who took on the football team or you like the one nobody else likes.  I'm good with that. 

I just go there because it has the full range of plane set in early, mid and late war missions.  If I found a server that had that and the other options I preferred, I'd fly it even if I was alone and see if anybody else showed up.  More to the point, if I could afford, and had the knowledge, to host a server, I would set it how I wanted and see if anybody showed up.  Maybe I'd even find a few regulars who preferred an alternative to WoL to stick around and there wouldn't be only 1 popular server.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/2/2019 at 2:41 AM, SharpeXB said:

This may be true for WoL, but when TAW is up and running it is regularly the highest populated server, and as a 'full real' server they would definitely have it off.

As someone like yourself SharpeXB who has spent thousands of pounds over the years purchasing every pre-order and collectors planes (even though i don't fly red) supporting this sim, not to mention computer equipment, joysticks, pedals, TiR, throttles etc,  i feel the very least the devs can do is to give a server option to turn off the technochat/help text for those of us who feel it gives a unfair advantage to the opponent that uses it...

After all they did say they were going to add the feature!

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JG5_Schuck said:

This may be true for WoL, but when TAW is up and running it is regularly the highest populated server, and as a 'full real' server they would definitely have it off.

TaW could always just go on the honor system and tell you to shut it off.

43 minutes ago, JG5_Schuck said:

As someone like yourself SharpeXB who has spent thousands of pounds over the years purchasing every pre-order and collectors planes (even though i don't fly red) supporting this sim, not to mention computer equipment, joysticks, pedals, TiR, throttles etc,  i feel the very least the devs can do is to give a server option to turn off the technochat/help text for those of us who feel it gives a unfair advantage to the opponent that uses it...

After all they did say they were going to add the feature!

My comment may have been a little sarcasm. Hey I’m glad to see other servers getting attention recently. 

I don’t worry if Technochat is a cheat for my opponent. I feel like I’m cheating myself out of the experience. I want the experience of looking at the cockpit and systems instead of colored icons. 

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

On 11/27/2019 at 11:53 PM, SharpeXB said:

My comment may have been a little sarcasm. Hey I’m glad to see other servers getting attention recently. 

I don’t worry if Technochat is a cheat for my opponent. I feel like I’m cheating myself out of the experience. I want the experience of looking at the cockpit and systems instead of colored icons. 

For technocrat to be removed we need removed timers and work purely on the temperatures and liquid pressures.

4 hours ago, D3adCZE said:

For technocrat to be removed we need removed timers and work purely on the temperatures and liquid pressures.

Yes I would like to be able to determine engine damage by using gauges and sound, smoke etc. not icons. 

• Upvote 4

If the technochat is to be removed on the servers for a certain level, the one that exists should be more educational.

Rather than displaying a simple icon on the side of the screen, it should link this icon with the corresponding geauge, with a highlight of the concerned geauge for example, to explain to the novice player what to check and what values he should target.

Only information without gels will remain, such as the selection of bombs etc. Because some messages are inevitable of course.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:08 AM, D3adCZE said:

No you don't. I turned off the HUD/technocrat for over a year. It does not take long until glancing/checking gauges becomes second nature.

You quickly realise that the HUD/technocrat is a useless crutch and IMHO actually makes it harder to properly fly the planes since you don't get the "feel" that you get from checking the actual gauges.

For planes with a timer and when dealing with 5 minutes timers or less, you can use the in cockpit clock if time is critical. I actually have not had any problem blowing an engine in a long time.

Interestingly, the planes I had the most problems with initially were the YAK -1/-1b/-7s. You can run them at 100% with no time limits, but overheating will quickly destroy the engine. Again however, it is just question of learning the max water/oil temperatures, checking the gauges every 30-60 seconds and taking appropriate actions.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Sgt_Joch said:

Interestingly, the planes I had the most problems with initially were the YAK -1/-1b/-7s. You can run them at 100% with no time limits, but overheating will quickly destroy the engine. Again however, it is just question of learning the max water/oil temperatures, checking the gauges every 30-60 seconds and taking appropriate actions.

This times most people forgot to check any gauges at all, there is no point since colorfull icons will tell them anyway, unfortunately.

It's a step back.

I fully support having the techno-chat as a difficulty option. I hope that it is doable. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Sgt_Joch said:

And if you actually do stick to the recommended max continuous settings (instead of 100%) given in the specs tab, or slightly below, you can tighten up the radiators and run slightly faster with less worry of cooking the motor. Still gotta watch the temps and be careful to not go too slow - especially when climbing - because airflow is vital. On hot days the benefit is obviously less but, it is still noticeable.  

• Upvote 2

Just want to say I support this as a realism option for multiplayer servers.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Hey

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that technochat and overall UI as present in Great Battles does not belong in the sim genre.

Is it too much to ask the devs to implement a server realism setting that would force remove technochat and other forms of UI from the game, and maybe a separate setting to get rid of the chat?

What's the publics opinion on the subject?

Cheers,

Peen

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 12

Considering that a one degree difference in throttle position results in the unrealistic rapid destruction of many aircraft engines after a few minutes, i'd say no. Those tips are needed to let us know about the arbitrary systems in place. If we had gradual engine failure where the engine would act-up, have reduced engine power, or give us literally any indication it was about to implode, then i'd be fine with this. Personally i feel that gradual engine failure (even though that's still unrealistic) combined with no technochat warnings for engine modes would probably help solve everyone's issue with players running engines at max all the time. 

• Upvote 5

Yes they should have that option for players who dont wont to play with tech chat and wont to have empty server just for them to play on.

• Haha 3

Technochat helps newer players fly, and and provides a baseline for explaining settings. it helps you see what is going on with the plane since you don't have the feedback of actually sitting in the plane flying. As an example, you can set the mixture in US planes by trying to look at the lever, but it is sometimes difficult to see the actual lever position. The Technochat helps players who do not have big fancy consoles, and are trying to use the keyboard, to get the right settings. Having technochat as a server setting will simply expand the gap between the experienced 'git gud' players and the others, and that is not what this sim needs. If YOU do not want to use technochat, you can turn it off for yourself.

Edited by [1/KG]_Cathal_Brugha
  • Upvote 2

I can agree to the point in some degree. To me people talking about % when it comes  to throttle and rpm it looks like they simply do not understand what they are managing. 
I use technochat whenever I go in depth on a new aircraft. Simply because it allow you to put a tad more than description tells you. 
after a while testing settings I turn it off and flying become more realistic. Having them off makes you check temp, and all essential instrument like a natural thing. Having the techchat off is more rewarding. 
But many do not care, they take off from parking lot and push for closest fight and care only by that. To me I do not care how many targets I take out as long as I survive. I love flying high and levelbomb a tank , I could do it faster and more effective flying low, but I returned and I landed. You need to distance yourself to the game and act like it is for real in order to not like tech chat. We are not many here. And I am against denying people what they like. So let people fly whatever way they want

I agree that it should be a server-side realism option.

To me, having to min/max the controls like this was some kind of MMORPG or MOBA is far more unrealistic than the "engine timers".

We should not expect those analogue dials on our 40's aircraft to be 100% accurate.

Just try to fly a tiny bit under the recommended "unlimited time" power setting and pretend that you aren't taking a brand new airplane every time you spawn into the game.

I also agree that technochat helps new players to get into the game, but that's also true for Auto engine management, GPS and  aim assists yet we keep those out of "Full" realistic servers.

my 2c. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

I should clarify a little bit:

I'm not against removing technochat from the game altogether, just asking to have it as a tickbox for the server host (the same as the navigation aid and speed/altitude dashboard can be removed by the server admin). I'm running a server with realistic campaigns in mind and it would be a fantastic option for me an many others who prefer the realistic side of things.

Also, the technochat engine % isn't at all required to prevent you from damaging the motor. Engine damage is very strictly tied to your RPM and manifold pressure and can be succesfully monitored by the pilot by looking at the gauges, the same way technochat works. It's just this much more immersive to have to use aircraft's gauges than an artificial pop-up on the screen. I have been flying with technochat disabled client side since I started playing and never felt hindered by the lack of it, and now I'm asking to be able to be able to implement that serverwise on the server I host. 

On top of that. I'm just not a fan of the UI design altogether, it's too busy and modern looking and maybe I wouldn't be so upset about it if it's design was a little bit more fitting with the theme of the game.

Anyhow that's it from me.

• Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, Peen said:

It's just this much more immersive to have to use aircraft's gauges than an artificial pop-up on the screen.

As i suggested, i would like to see engine failure "warning signs" in the gauges prior to failure, rather than needing technochat at all. I think this combo would solve issues people on the forums here have with players always running their engines at max so they can climb. Players should be dissuaded from using boost modes outside combat by the degraded engine performance that would follow its over-use, while they would have no way to precisely know when to cut throttle outside of timing it with a stopwatch. Further, if a player used engine boost for a while, then stopped for a few minutes and entered combat using boost, they would have no way of knowing when they exceeded the boost timer until they noticed gradually decreasing engine performance. This not only provides a more realistic solution to limiting boost use, but also provides an immersive warning to having used boost for too long. But we dont have this instead we have unrealistic time bombs thrusting our aircraft forward without any indication of their issues leading up to a failure. While i'd prefer better engine mechanics and no technochat, given the choice between having my immersion damaged by time-bomb engines or technochat, i'll chose the latter. 

40 minutes ago, Peen said:

Engine damage is very strictly tied to your RPM and manifold pressure and can be succesfully monitored by the pilot by looking at the gauges, the same way technochat works.

Yes, except that if you set your throttle at one point so that your MP is low enough to not cause an engine timer to start, it may just settle slightly higher without changing the MP reading on the gauge enough to clue a pilot in on the issue. If we want to use the immersion arguments, then IRL many aircraft had a detent or seal on the throttle so the pilot knew when he was going into the boost modes. This is something we do not have in IL-2 without getting an option to set a throttle position to correspond with a physical controller detent -- i'm able to do this with Falcon BMS. A few minutes later your engine very un-immersively turns itself off permanently. IRL a 10mm Hg MP difference is not going to kill an engine in 10 minutes when that same engine would otherwise be able to fly for hours without issues. 

I have no problems with technochat being disabled for other warning indicators, if i overheat my engine i can tell this from my temperature gauges, at which point i know to throttle back, and open rads well before my engine self-destructs. From the temperature gauges i also know when i'm good to throttle back up and close my radiators a little more, this is quite an immersive feature. For engine timers, we have no such warning outside technochat... I think the issues i mentioned with removing the technochat engine implosion warnings can be solved in ways which will not only solve this specific issue, but also improve the game overall in terms of immersion and realism. 

And all of this is neglecting that current engines in-game can magically "heal" the damage they incur from boosting by simply running at a lower speed. An engine 30 seconds from failure can literally drop 10mm Hg of MP, run for 20 more minutes, and suddenly it's good to run for another 10 minutes of boost without developing issues.

Edited by Kataphrakt
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Peen said:

... it would be a fantastic option for me an many others who prefer the realistic side of things.

34 minutes ago, Peen said:

It's just this much more immersive to have to use aircraft's gauges than an artificial pop-up on the screen.

I have been flying with technochat disabled client side since I started playing and never felt hindered by the lack of it...

I'm just not a fan of the UI design altogether, it's too busy and modern looking...

For me, the problem with your reasoning is that it's all about you, and what you prefer. Well, there are already in-game options on the client side for you to disable technochat and the rest of the HUD if you want to. I really don't see why we need to allow server hosts to impose their own gameplay preferences on everyone else. What does it matter to you, personally, if the guy on your wing has technochat enabled? How does it affect your gameplay, your enjoyment, your immersion? It doesn't, so why not let other people play their way while you play yours?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Goffik said:

For me, the problem with your reasoning is that it's all about you, and what you prefer. Well, there are already in-game options on the client side for you to disable technochat and the rest of the HUD if you want to. I really don't see why we need to allow server hosts to impose their own gameplay preferences on everyone else. What does it matter to you, personally, if the guy on your wing has technochat enabled? How does it affect your gameplay, your enjoyment, your immersion? It doesn't, so why not let other people play their way while you play yours?

Because when I host the server I want to be to control the difficulty level of said server. I can already remove map icons, change planesets, even select the spotting system, and change many other factors to obtain the difficulty level I want the server to be at. Yes it's about me and my vision of the event I run.

4 minutes ago, Kataphrakt said:

I also agree that the engine damage system as currently implemented by the game is subpar at best, but I fail to see how it really affects flying with no technochat. Myself and the group of people I fly with have the technochat disabled and we never had problems with engine failures. There's lots of feedback that let's you know whether you're in combat power or emergency power (engine sound, gauge readouts) which for me makes technochat redundant, which is why I'd like to get rid of it on my server in the first place.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Peen said:

There's lots of feedback that let's you know whether you're in combat power or emergency power (engine sound, gauge readouts) which for me makes technochat redundant, which is why I'd like to get rid of it on my server in the first place.

So you assert that you can tell by sound if your MP has increased by 10mm Hg and is now in the region of engine implosions? That's all it takes for an engine to have a RUD, and MP changes much greater than that are possible. I suspect that we're flying vastly different aircraft as the difference between "close to maximum cruising settings" and "engine will explode in T-5 minutes" is impossible to hear. It is my preference that servers not leave my engine's fate in the hands of such an arbitrary system until something is better implemented. Otherwise there is a significant and unrealistic advantage to playing aircraft which present very clear visual differences between the "continuous flight", and the "engine suppuku" region of settings. 

The MiG-3 MP gauge (Below). This is not suitable to detecting the difference that the MP might shift from controllers or altitude changes. On this particular aircraft IRL, this should be a non-issue as you could not engage boost until the mixture control passed a certain detent. This is a case where IRL the pilot could max all settings and be fine for flight as long as the mixture doesnt pass that detent, but in-game i would have to shove my face into this gauge to make sure i'm not past 1040 mm Hg of pressure while i adjust it.

image.png.678478f6cf6c2a503ddf2082a34a80d6.png 

As i said before, simply the engine warning from technochat is significantly more immersive than the alternative for this kind of case. Realistically the pilot could not engage boost without having felt it when adjusting the mixture control, but we dont have that in-game. 

Edited by Kataphrakt
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Kataphrakt said:

So you assert that you can tell by sound if your MP has increased by 10mm Hg and is now in the region of engine implosions? 

Yes. There's only a few engine sounds per aircraft, each represents whether you're in continuous, combat or emergency. 

Also I don't know how imprecise your controls are that you can't set your MP to whaterver it needs to be at. Sounds like an issue not an issme.

Regardless, I just asked for technochat as a server option, I didn't want to spark a discussion on whether you can or cannot reliably fly aircraft to it's peak performance without technochat (it's possible and not at all hard).

13 minutes ago, Peen said:

Yes. There's only a few engine sounds per aircraft, each represents whether you're in continuous, combat or emergency. 

This makes it pretty clear you mostly fly German aircraft as most others do not list those specific engine settings. I have not flown 109s much and will not speak to how well one can hear the engine, but on other aircraft, (US and VSS) it is not a clear distinction between the two when only just entering boost. 

13 minutes ago, Peen said:

Also I don't know how imprecise your controls are that you can't set your MP to whaterver it needs to be at. Sounds like an issue not an issme.

Regardless, I just asked for technochat as a server option, I didn't want to spark a discussion on whether you can or cannot reliably fly aircraft to it's peak performance without technochat (it's possible and not at all hard).

I laid out some points and your response is to question my abilities and make jokes? It is unfortunate that you must resort to this rather than discussing the topic properly. I'm sorry to hear that technochat is also an 'issyou' not an 'issme' and you should turn it off on your own end to maintain immersion. 

Edited by Kataphrakt

36 minutes ago, Kataphrakt said:

This makes it pretty clear you mostly fly German aircraft as most others do not list those specific engine settings. I have not flown 109s much and will not speak to how well one can hear the engine, but on other aircraft, (US and VSS) it is not a clear distinction between the two when only just entering boost. 

I laid out some points and your response is to question my abilities and make jokes? It is unfortunate that you must resort to this rather than discussing the topic properly. I'm sorry to hear that technochat is also an 'issyou' not an 'issme' and you should turn it off on your own end to maintain immersion. 

I just don't get what your deal with is really. I say I fly with people who fly without technochat (on either side and I don't fly German often btw). We're fine without it. We'd like to have a server that has no technochat as a rule, and I'm asking the devs to allow it. 

You prefer to fly with technochat? That's fine. Fly on servers that do have it. You don't like unlimited ammo? Don't fly on servers that do have that option enabled. It's not really that hard of a concept to grasp that for various reasons people prefer to have different options on servers they host right?

I play without that messages and want to turn off it on my server, cause i choose way to create complete full-real hardcore server for players who want that gameplay.

And i hope some day zero grass distance will be removed from startup.cfg

No grass and messages - it is cheat against players who don't use it.

Edited by NHK295M
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Peen said:

You prefer to fly with technochat? That's fine. Fly on servers that do have it. You don't like unlimited ammo? Don't fly on servers that do have that option enabled. It's not really that hard of a concept to grasp that for various reasons people prefer to have different options on servers they host right?

Exactly. People seem to think that them having an advantage in pilot workload by having technochat on is not a problem when flying with others that have increased workload with it turned off. It's just like many of the other server controlled difficulty options. 

Most engines actually allow you to exceed the limits before it switches to emergency, so you are already taking liberties with the documented engine limits. Emergency power typically doesn't register until your reasonably past the documented limit of combat. Stop trying to ride the % border of the two and fly the plane more realistically.

• Upvote 3

I strongly agree. It seems pretty silly to me for the game to warn me about engine temperature when there are perfectly good gauges in the cockpit to tell me if it is too hot. Or that my gear is down, when I've got lights to tell me that. Or to tell me my fuel tank is hit, when I can look behind me and see fuel streaming out.

• Upvote 4