InProgress

steam keys

How can i get steam key for stuff i pre ordered? Since all dlc are now avaliable on steam and there was this info that if you pre order you get steam key, it's gone now i think. So anyway to get them, especially if you connected steam and il2 accounts.

• Upvote 1

Im waiting this answer too for Kuban and G6, Ju-52 thats why i bought them because when they where on sale was promised to get steam keys afterwards.

Edited by Godspeed
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, InProgress said:

if you pre order you get steam key, it's gone now

After I read this I checked mine Steam-Keys - wtf all pre-order Steam-Keys are gone - The last time I checked my profile page was when I pre-ordered Operation Bodenplatte all Steam-Keys were still there so this Steam integration update removed them silently

Edited by Livai

Appears to be, yeah. Kinda bummed, I really wanted to write some good reviews for all this stuff. :dry:

Edited by [CPT]milopugdog
  • Upvote 1

Well i hope we can get these keys.. same with premium 2 premium planes if you got premium of kuban. Would love to get entire collection on steam and make some reviews as well :P I could even rebuy that one plane i did not pre order and scripted campaign (tho for some reason they did not add 10 days of autumn on steam ) :biggrin:

me too, I really expect to get those keys, which for me are mandatory. I would have not even considered buying from here if I wouldn't also get the account here linked with the Steam one, and all the keys present in there too.

Why is it so important that you get a steam key for everything you bought from here?

What advantage do you all gain from it?

39 minutes ago, Gunsmith86 said:

Why is it so important that you get a steam key for everything you bought from here?

What advantage do you all gain from it?

First, it was said that we will get these keys, so it would be nice that it was true, that devs keep promises.

Second, just like some people like to have a CD collection, some like to have entire collection in their steam library. You can also write review if you own this.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

First, it was said that we will get these keys, so it would be nice that it was true, that devs keep promises.

Second, just like some people like to have a CD collection, some like to have entire collection in their steam library. You can also write review if you own this.

I also thought it will be able to be added to my Steam library when new things come to Steam. 

I hope its just a misunderstanding.  😕

Edited by Ropalcz

I'd definitely like the steam keys myself. If for no other reason then to leave good reviews. Plus it makes my collection look nice. 

Guys,

You can write to Support about Steam keys for your BOK pre-order. Our Steam implementation no longer works off of Steam keys. We never promised Steam keys for everything we sold and when we launched the new Steam implementation we asked that you link your IL-2 accounts so you can play everything you own together and avoid a second log in. We never said they would be in your Steam library.  We really don't have control over your Steam library, but we have at least built a way where you can effectively merge your install. That's all we can do.

And again, this was all caused by Valve and their changes to their system. We had to adapt or be left out.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

You can write to Support about Steam keys for your BOK pre-order.

That sounds good too. Will it also be possible for BoBP after its release?

Blazing Steppe, bought here, not appear on Steam. So i have to buy it another time. BOK even bought here is not on my Steam installation.

Now i have to buy it another time?

And Bodenplatte when it was released, no appearance on Steam.

The integration seems not to be perfectly functioning.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

We never promised Steam keys for everything we sold

Your products what had this text on them when i bought them are:

Early access IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban - Premium Edition

Pre-Order IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Bodenplatte - Premium Edition

Ju 52/Зm Collector Plane

Bf 109 G-6 Collector Plane Pre-order

3vdRyBy.jpg

I think its a promise when you sold them with this on them^

Now you have silently removed this line on your products.

Please dont try to throw ball to us that its our fault and we did not understand what you were selling.

And please remember you guys sold the physical copy of the Stalingrad (2014) what needed(Must DO) to be activated on Steam.

I admire your guys work with the simulator and i understand the decision what you guys had to make with Steam.

N05SGgA.jpg

6E0202H.jpg

E5EVBn2.jpg

Edited by Godspeed
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, [PVI]PVI_Backdoor said:

Blazing Steppe, bought here, not appear on Steam. So i have to buy it another time. BOK even bought here is not on my Steam installation.

Now i have to buy it another time?

And Bodenplatte when it was released, no appearance on Steam.

The integration seems not to be perfectly functioning.

That´s as it should be and no you don´t have to buy it again. When you log in through steam you get automatically transferred to the IL2 server which knows all parts you have bought. If they give you the steam key for everything you own than they lose a lot of money because they have to pay steam its share for the key there is no way around that.

If you want to use steam ask only for the steam key for BoS which is the base game on steam whit that you can use all advantages of steam ( better download, write review ,....).

After all you have no advantage if steam gets a view hundred bucks of the money you payed to IL2 for the development of new content just so they show the DLCs you bought as unlocked!

So please Think twice before you ask support for your keys i am sure you will get them but do you really need them?

Edited by Gunsmith86

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

We never said they would be in your Steam library.

Really never? - I don't think so

-> You'll receive a Steam key for Battle of Moscow DLC

-> wish to convert it to the Steam version, you can do it in your profile on our website

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/307960/discussions/0/360671583801290128/

Steam-Keys.JPG

Edited by Livai
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gunsmith86 said:

After all you have no advantage if steam gets a view hundred bucks of the money you payed to IL2 for the development of new content just so they show the DLCs you bought as unlocked!

What are you talking about? Steam always provided developers with free keys they could generate and give away if they wanted. So I don't see how giving people them is any problem... there was a talk about some developers abusing it and valve was thinking about putting some restrictions about it but I don't know if they did anything so far and even if, it could still work for legit devs. So as far as I know (unless it got changed) steam can give devs free keys and there should be no problem with giving them as pre order information stated that we will.

https://www.google.pl/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/8/18/16167462/valve-steam-keys-limiting-developers

Edited by InProgress
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sad to say (for me)...but Gunsmith is right. My fault. All is regularly on his side.

Maybe i'm so impatient that i don't look good.

Tnx my friend!

Edited by [PVI]PVI_Backdoor
correction

Steam keys are freely generated for publishers/developers but shouldn't even be needed. IIRC, in the Steamworks Web API there's a way for a publisher to activate content remotely if the user is authenticated on their website via a Steam account (account linking?) and the user has given permission for that website to activate content in his account. I've seen this happen, e.g. in the annual Sega "Make War Not Love" offers.

I was surprised when I tested purchasing the MC.202 on the Il-2 website and this didn't happen, after all the Steam linking changes, so now I'm buying BoK on Steam. I was also thinking of pre-ordering Bodenplatte, but as I prefer the content fully "owned" on Steam, particularly to minimize the distribution of digital goods across too many vendors, I'm skipping it until I can buy it on Steam.

So, ideally you'd buy it wherever and it would show as owned on Steam if your Il-2 website account and Steam account were linked. I'd love for this to be implemented someday.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

There is no Battle of Kuban Digital Deluxe version to be exchanged on Steam..

Also do you lose forum badges when getting Steam key this should be not happening but im afraid anything can happen now?

Would like to get full explanation from Jason and making clear whats going on because this feels bit secretive and sneaky.

Transparency about this subject would be nice.

Edited by Godspeed

33 minutes ago, Godspeed said:

There is no Battle of Kuban Digital Deluxe version to be exchanged on Steam..

Well, premium is just nornal one with 2 premium planes, I assume you would simply get kuban and spitfire + hs129. In my case also asked support for ju52 and bf109g6 that I pre ordered. I hope I wilp get these.

I don't see how you would lose badge on forum.

The whole thing is really weird, lots of devs sell steam keys on their websites, humble bundle got some games that are drm free and has steam keys if someone wants. Why not do it here? Maybe it's a way to sell stuff on their website and avoid 30% steam tax and yet give steam keys for people who choose this option. After all steam should provide developers with them if they wish to. For example Humble bundle store does it.

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2018 at 9:47 PM, Livai said:

Really never? - I don't think so

-> You'll receive a Steam key for Battle of Moscow DLC

-> wish to convert it to the Steam version, you can do it in your profile on our website

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/307960/discussions/0/360671583801290128/

Steam-Keys.JPG

That's not what I am talking about. I'm talking about the new Steam implementation. Some assume after you link accounts items bought on our website will appear in your Steam library. That is not what linking does.  Please read my comments more carefully.

Jason

3 hours ago, InProgress said:

Well, premium is just nornal one with 2 premium planes, I assume you would simply get kuban and spitfire + hs129. In my case also asked support for ju52 and bf109g6 that I pre ordered. I hope I wilp get these.

I don't see how you would lose badge on forum.

The whole thing is really weird, lots of devs sell steam keys on their websites, humble bundle got some games that are drm free and has steam keys if someone wants. Why not do it here? Maybe it's a way to sell stuff on their website and avoid 30% steam tax and yet give steam keys for people who choose this option. After all steam should provide developers with them if they wish to. For example Humble bundle store does it.

We do not sell Steam keys. They are just a magnet for fraud. You want a Steam key please buy on Steam.

Jason

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

We do not sell Steam keys. They are just a magnet for fraud. You want a Steam key please buy on Steam.

I will. And i am not asking to get steam key for everything i have here. I only want stuff i pre ordered when it had this label:

3vdRyBy.jpg

I did write to support and now waiting. So hoping that this will end good.

On 7/14/2018 at 3:48 AM, [CPT]milopugdog said:

Appears to be, yeah. Kinda bummed, I really wanted to write some good reviews for all this stuff. :dry:

I was looking to do the same thing, couldn't do it without the steam key! I'd love to say some great things.

But I can understand how hairy things can get having licenses for both platforms. Lets keep the pirate hats far from our table. :drinks:  Honestly, I don't mind - so long as I have access to everything with one install. 

Edited by TexasWarbird

4 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Fair enough, it's a choice some developers make due to the amount of credit card fraud and sites like G2A and Kingwin.

But please consider activating content bought in the Il-2 website on permanently linked Steam accounts through the Steamworks Web API in the future, thanks :thank_you:

• Upvote 1

As posted earlier in this thread it clearly stated we would have an option to get a steam KEY for the products, you can't just keep saying its steam fault that you lied to us like I've seen you do in multiple threads. Can anyone advise me what we can do as wronged consumers? If this was a UK business I'd contact the better business bureau, do they just get away with it because they're in Russia? As someone who owns everything except 1 collector plane I will not be making any further purchases if I don't get my keys. I'm so disappointed in this game I've been convincing friends to buy and giving glowing praise to for the past year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seanyc123 said:

As posted earlier in this thread it clearly stated we would have an option to get a steam KEY for the products, you can't just keep saying its steam fault that you lied to us like I've seen you do in multiple threads. Can anyone advise me what we can do as wronged consumers? If this was a UK business I'd contact the better business bureau, do they just get away with it because they're in Russia? As someone who owns everything except 1 collector plane I will not be making any further purchases if I don't get my keys. I'm so disappointed in this game I've been convincing friends to buy and giving glowing praise to for the past year.

What part of write to support don't you understand? There we will research your key and see if you are eligible for a Steam key.

Jason

2 hours ago, [PT]PedroACE said:

Fair enough, it's a choice some developers make due to the amount of credit card fraud and sites like G2A and Kingwin.

But please consider activating content bought in the Il-2 website on permanently linked Steam accounts through the Steamworks Web API in the future, thanks :thank_you:

Cannot be done.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why do y'all want steam keys for everything anyway? Like whats the big deal?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Cpt_Cool said:

Why do y'all want steam keys for everything anyway? Like whats the big deal?

I for one prefer having digital goods in just a few reliable libraries.

When it came the time to change from physical to digital I looked into the matter and choose not having to worry about my stuff being too scattered and I also had more confidence that Steam, Origin, GoG or UPlay were going to stick around for a while, so I'm using those for games.

Off course, there's also convenience into play here, the automatic updates and download speeds are great on Steam, plus other stuff like interaction with friends and game time tracking.

For example, years ago I bought an helicopter over at x-plane.org and when I tried to download it after an X-Plane hiatus, it was no longer available for download and support refused to provide the file. Luckily I found a hard backup.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I bought BOS on Steam.

I pre-ordered everything else from the Website.

Steam auto updates, launches the game, keeps track of friends, playtime etc.

I don't care in the slightest that I don't have a Steam key for BOM, BOK, collector planes, or scripted campaigns.

I still use all of that stuff through my Steam copy of BOS anyway. 

I mean to ask: assuming you have BOS on Steam, and pre-ordered other things from the website, why does anyone care about getting steam keys for that other stuff? 

• Upvote 3

Having the products listed in Steam allows people to write reviews, and there are a lot of negative reviews of BoS on Steam, often with less than an hour of playtime and spreading misinformation (and with commenting disabled, so they can't be corrected). It would be nice to be able to write more informative reviews despite only having BoS and two collector planes purchased in Steam. (After those first purchases I started buying straight from the devs, I'm sure Gabe gets enough money from elsewhere 😉 ). But it isn't a big deal in the end.

Which reminds me, boy howdy are there a lot of angry people on Steam today, protesting that their game has been revoked and blaming either the developers or steam.

Can't do anything about hotheaded people on the internet, but I'm worried about how this will impact the game's reputation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Kreisau said:

Having the products listed in Steam allows people to write reviews, and there are a lot of negative reviews of BoS on Steam, often with less than an hour of playtime and spreading misinformation (and with commenting disabled, so they can't be corrected). It would be nice to be able to write more informative reviews despite only having BoS and two collector planes purchased in Steam. (After those first purchases I started buying straight from the devs, I'm sure Gabe gets enough money from elsewhere 😉 ). But it isn't a big deal in the end.

Which reminds me, boy howdy are there a lot of angry people on Steam today, protesting that their game has been revoked and blaming either the developers or steam.

Can't do anything about hotheaded people on the internet, but I'm worried about how this will impact the game's reputation. 

Yes I see and it's mainly people who bought from gray market which we do not support. However, this was done for certain technical reasons and actually fix an issue that has nothing to do with grey market. It just accidentally exposed some users that bought from grey market sites that do not have our permission to sell our product and I've commented on before. If someone bought from Steam direct or us direct and were affected they can write support and we'll take a look.

Jason

• Like 1

I am confused, I bought from this site and the plane is listed as grey market. So the system is faulty. You are allowing steam to blanket ban people who bought from your site. Why would I ever by from this site again? Why support this site if you yourselves have no idea what you are doing. I am not going to spend 69 dollars on Bodenplatte until someone assures me my purchase is safe. So I will wait for Steam to sell it instead. I will log my Yak1b I purchased from this site and hopefully you can fix the issue. But sadly my faith has been shaken. I do not like being called a thief. I cheated no one. I supported the developer, like you asked and I just got kicked in the teeth for it. Great work guys

• Upvote 2

Knock it off. Everything that needs to be said has been said. We are aware of the issue and we will assist any person who was wrongly affected and is an actual direct customer of ours or Steam and not a site selling fraudulently obtained keys. Simply do not buy from these gray market sites. We have no ability to service people who buy keys from those sites because we have no record of them buying our product legitimately.

I never really comment on the decade old defensive war I have been forced to fight against fraudsters from around the globe who attempt everyday to rip off us and you by extension by using stolen credit card data and abusing programs we have put in place to make our customers happy. Matter of fact, these keys that have been recently deactivated were part of a process to do some unrelated housekeeping so we can better service those that wanted Steam keys for certain pre-orders we promised previously. You must also know that our new Steam implementation does not rely on Steam "keys" any more because they were such a target for fraud. This is also why we have encrypted our website keys and taken other measures to ensure the security of our products and our livelihood. Fraud is a huge problem and has really been a bitch to deal with while we try to build a product you will enjoy. 

The only legit stores to buy IL-2 products is from us direct or from Steam and  handful of other websites that sell just BOS like Gamersgate. There are also a few others, but not many. If you have a question about a particular website ask us and we will tell you if they are legit or not. 

Jason  

10 minutes ago, =69.GIAP=Shvak said:

I am confused, I bought from this site and the plane is listed as grey market. So the system is faulty. You are allowing steam to blanket ban people who bought from your site. Why would I ever by from this site again? Why support this site if you yourselves have no idea what you are doing. I am not going to spend 69 dollars on Bodenplatte until someone assures me my purchase is safe. So I will wait for Steam to sell it instead. I will log my Yak1b I purchased from this site and hopefully you can fix the issue. But sadly my faith has been shaken. I do not like being called a thief. I cheated no one. I supported the developer, like you asked and I just got kicked in the teeth for it. Great work guys

If you bought a product direct from us and it was deactivated simply write to support and we'll check it out. We're not accusing you of anything. Read my comment above.

Jason

• Like 1

Just for clarity, as long as it says purchased on this site, it does not matter what steam says... Well then I withdraw my complaint. :)

Seems mine are removed because I bought from a site called Kinguin. I don't know how I was supposed to know 1C didn't sell their products through that site - especially seeing as they do sell through other websites.

Oh well

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, JudgeDredd said:

Seems mine are removed because I bought from a site called Kinguin. I don't know how I was supposed to know 1C didn't sell their products through that site - especially seeing as they do sell through other websites.

Oh well

Ive just had a nosy over on the steam discussion page Judge,and somebodys posted that they,ve received a refund from Kinguin..try contacting their support,you may just get a refund yourself pal

Salutations,

I really feel fortunate. I have purchased 'everything' available from the main sight and have had absolutely no problems. :salute: