Books - What are you reading?

This is on sale at Amazon USA kindle version for $2.99 right now.

A History of the Mediterranean Air War, 1940–1945. Volume 2: North African Desert, February 1942–March 1943 (History of the Mediterranean Air War, 1940-1945) Kindle Edition

41Iei9bBzQL.jpg

On 3/11/2021 at 12:10 PM, IV./JG51-Bulldog said:

Coming soon from Fonthill Media!

Jay

Macchi-C-202-Folgore-COVER.jpg

Looking forward to that one!

Edit:

Just finished this one:

WE-TOGETHER.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by Bremspropeller

515o23ERuqL.jpg

Tremendous account of the early days of the OS, hope it carries on in the same vein. Bet it doesn't mention me though... (29 years 'before the mast' 😊).

7 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

Ik like the story-telling style of writing. Not just a dry summery of events or specs....

Nice - the author was on the We Have Ways podcast a few months ago and gave a really great discussion of the events down there. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My to-read list has gotten very long thanks to this thread!

Has anyone got a recommendation for books about the IL-2? Enjoying a campaign flying it and wanted to learn more outside of what's available on Wikipedia and such.

I'm surprised by a quantity of stupid deaths, not directly related to air combat. A Bf-109's gear during the take off collides with a roof of a truck that was somehow crossing the takeoff lane in that very moment, Bf-109 crushes and pilot dies... In Il-2 for that I would be thinking of a poor mission design...

lipfert.jpg

• Upvote 1

Started this a couple of weeks ago. While much more lucid than some of his other stuff (I crawled through Mason and Dixon last year; that was heavy going), it still has the same effect as a cocktail of strong narcotics, and at a fraction of the price!

atd.jpg

Edited by Diggun
  • 2 weeks later...