Sign in to follow this  
jeanba

Looking for a Lagg-3 ground attack career

Hello

Is there a career unit with a lot of ground attacks for lagg3 equipped, if possible with 23 mm guns ?

ie : which unit and front to choose in career mode ?

Thank you in advance

Edited by jeanba

I don't think there is. What you'll likely find is that all LaGG-3 squadrons are called into action attacking things like vehicle convoys but then the next mission they will intercept bombers or defend troops.

47 minutes ago, jeanba said:

Ok

And 23 mm gun by default ?

Dunno. Why don't you look and see for yourself?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jeanba said:

Ok

Given that the VYa 23 was pretty much a unicorn on the LaGG-3, they shouldn’t be on by default for any squadron.

Just now, jeanba said:

Ok

Though trialed, I've never seen any indications that an active squadron used this weapon. The 37mm was used operationally but the 23mm I haven't found any evidence.

Ok, thank you for the info, I am now corrected

14 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Dunno. Why don't you look and see for yourself?

I searched for 6 months basically.

Edited by jeanba

6 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Though trialed, I've never seen any indications that an active squadron used this weapon. The 37mm was used operationally but the 23mm I haven't found any evidence.

Even if there was some evidence, that it was used operationally, it obviously was incredibly rare, hence it should not be on by default. 

I even think it's a bit much, that the BoM MiG-3 career has the 2xUBS on by default. For BoS perhaps, but during the Moscow campaign by far the majority of the MiGs would still have had the 2xShKAS + 1xUBS armament.

@jeanba

I fly mig in BoM career at Rzhev airfiled. I receive mostly ground attack missions.

My previous pilot was located near Moscow and did mostly cover and intercept (flying both MiG-3 and I-16) before he was shot down and captured.

I can freely change my armament for a mission when I want to.

So I guess if you select some airfield near frontline with a unit having laggs you can enjoy your Vya-23.

Edited by 312_Lazy

Or do a career with pat Wilson campaign , and you can modify the type of mission of your squadron ! 

S!

Priori to version 4, there was a bug in Lagg3 payloads : you could not modify it, from memory