more attackers in BoBP as collector planes ;)?

BoBP Attackers   

70 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see more attackers in BoBP ?

• YES
    • NO

I know that most of Bodenplatte fighter planes are able to carry a lot of bombs and rockets  , but the presence of attackers will give the sim more beautiful variety 

since German side already have the BF-110  

e.g. Mosquito plane 

SO would you like to see attackers in BoBP as collector planes? 

If YES : what attacker you are interested in the most ? 

if NO : then why ? 

Personally, I’d rather see them complete the plane set they have before having anything else. I’m sure in the long run we will see different and more specialized aircraft, but remember, the teams time and money is limited, changing the planeset also means a lot more research, time and money to find out aircraft were flying in our location and timeframe. Personally I’d rather see BoBp completed before this stuff. Eventually? Of course, but now? Most certainly not. 

33 minutes ago, angus26 said:

Personally, I’d rather see them complete the plane set they have before having anything else. I’m sure in the long run we will see different and more specialized aircraft, but remember, the teams time and money is limited, changing the planeset also means a lot more research, time and money to find out aircraft were flying in our location and timeframe. Personally I’d rather see BoBp completed before this stuff. Eventually? Of course, but now? Most certainly not. 

“As collector planes” means after they finish all the primary plane set 

just like what they did in Kuban

I voted No

I think between dedicated attackers and fighter-bombers which are going to overwhelm servers with the release of BoBp, we will already have a fair share of attackers.

What I would like to see : more dedicated Bombers as collector planes. Only 3 for both sides and nothing planned for the future aside maybe an eventually flyable B25. 

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, F/JG300_Gruber said:

I voted No

I think between dedicated attackers and fighter-bombers which are going to overwhelm servers with the release of BoBp, we will already have a fair share of attackers.

What I would like to see : more dedicated Bombers as collector planes. Only 3 for both sides and nothing planned for the future aside maybe an eventually flyable B25. 

I voted no for the same reason.  I'd like to see at least 1 medium bomber, 1 heavy bomber, and 1 British model bomber.  A good portion of the planes listed as going to be 'stock' to BoBP are already very capable attackers - especially the P-47 and Tempest.   

I would like both bombers and attackers, Mosquito, B-17, B-24, German night fighters with radars etc. trust me, but for now it is impossible by now. 

Developers are working hard with tight schedule to model 10 planes for Bodenplatte because people prefer to have 10 great IL2 standard planes instead 50-100 WarThunder standard planes.

Edited by kramer
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

help balance out the bias towards American aircraft.

I’m sorry what? How is “bias” involved in the aircraft in any way. If you’re referring to the selection of aircraft being mostly American, then that’s not bias. These aircraft were chosen specifically for the location and time during the war. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, angus26 said:

I’m sorry what? How is “bias” involved in the aircraft in any way. If you’re referring to the selection of aircraft being mostly American, then that’s not bias. These aircraft were chosen specifically for the location and time during the war. 

Well, there were half a dozen unarmed P-38s in the area and several squadrons of Typhoons... so... it might not be a huge bias in collector planes but there is certainly an argument that British aircraft are slightly under-represented.

2 hours ago, Avimimus said:

Well, there were half a dozen unarmed P-38s in the area and several squadrons of Typhoons... so... it might not be a huge bias in collector planes but there is certainly an argument that British aircraft are slightly under-represented.

Under representation isn’t the point. I’m sure there are lots of things underrepresented in the sim in regards to vehicles wether land or air, and we will never have 100% of all the vehicles ever used. Sure there is a lack of British aircraft, but bias against them? No way. Anyway, let’s try to not get into this, this conversation will not be productive in any way.

BoBp covers from September 17th to the end of the air war in NW Europe.  You can't just count Squadrons on New Years Day for the a/c mix.  Campaigns and ops will cover Market Garden to war's end.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, 19//Hoss said:

Having a Ju-88/Fw-190 Mistal would be a hoot............... those were used during the time period, not sure if they were used on the western front. 

Hoss

I loved using those in 46 in my missions.

I’d hide them in target areas/wharehouses etc. Then when that target was bombed - BOOOOOM - mushroom cloud.

On 7/10/2018 at 6:00 PM, Avimimus said:

Well, there were half a dozen unarmed P-38s in the area

You really need to do some more research before making claims like that. The game and the map covers far, far more than just one battle on one day. 

45 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

You really need to do some more research before making claims like that. The game and the map covers far, far more than just one battle on one day. 

That is a valid point that you two made! When I am done my current research I will revisit (and hopefully become more reasonable - although I suspect I may remain convinced of the anti-Commonwealth conspiracy in flight sims because I became a bigoted old curmudgeon on this issue at some point over the last 25 years).

I clicked "yes" without really understanding what constitutes an attacker for you, but here's my take:

Western Allies:

- Mosquito (FB versions)

- Typhoon (any kind of prop and door/ canopy)

- the odd Spitfire with things under it's wings

- Beaufighter (might be in conflight with Team Fusion and their plans, though)

- Mustang Mk I (and A-36) - gimme the one with the strike camera, please

- A-20G (because strafing is fun)

- A-26 (any kind of nose)

- B-25 (any kind of nose - the big gun versions don't fit the ETO too much, though)

- B-26 (well, the early versions look better than the late ones with the wing and engines attached in weird angles)

- Hellcat (FAA)

- Corsair (FAA)

- Wildcat / Martlet (USN and FAA)

On the german side:

- Ju 88 (boy, here it gets tough - a Zerstörer type would be closest, any kind of engine will do)

- Ju 188

- Me 410 (kind of the opponent of the Mosquito)

- not many more "attackers" to think of, unless we're talking late-war wonderplanes

Soviets:

- Tu-2

- maybe an additional Peshka and Pe-3

- IL-10

- big nostrilled Yaks (e.g. -9K and -9T)

What do you mean by "attacker"? Fighters, heavy fighters, ground attack, level-bombers, dive-bombers... we've lots of all these. In fact, pretty much the only "non-attacker" we have in BoX at the moment is the Ju52/3m.

I'd rather see artillery spotting, liaison, transport, reconnaissance, maritime patrol, gliders, search-and-rescue, etc. etc. before seeing more "attackers".

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

An A20G would likely be easier then the B25 or B26 but it was mentioned in the past it would still take more work because of several difference between the A20G and the A20B, it for examples has an longer fuselage which likely means the model has to be made from scratch.

Boston III (DB-7B) would be easier since it's the most similar version to the A20B which was based on the DB-7A.

Main differences between the A20B and Boston III to my knowledge where an different glass nose and british weapons and bombs.

Edited by ww2fighter20

In my opinion its is an absolute must to have more twomot attackers   like  Beaufighters,  B-25 J,  A-26B,   A-20G  all Planes with heavy frontal guns and capable of pounding ground targets  and especially ships  with  skip bombing, torpedo and rocket projectile attacks.

I am sure they would be "the hit"  as collector planes

Cheers

Doc

On 7/12/2018 at 1:58 PM, Avimimus said:

That is a valid point that you two made! When I am done my current research I will revisit (and hopefully become more reasonable - although I suspect I may remain convinced of the anti-Commonwealth conspiracy in flight sims because I became a bigoted old curmudgeon on this issue at some point over the last 25 years).

Interestingly - I am totally over this with regard to this sim series... BoN's inclusion of the Typhoon as well as the Mosquito - along with some of Jason's comments about there interesting qualities of Commonwealth aircraft have undone 25 years of frustration :)

21 minutes ago, Docholiday said:

I am sure they would be "the hit"  as collector planes

Multi-seat aircraft are more expensive to develop - so I wonder if they'd risk it. At least an early A-20G (e.g. G1 before the turret changes) and the Pe-3 require minimal changes. It still might be better to include them as part of an additional theatre though! But they'd make interesting opponents for the Ju-88C and Bf-110... and the A-20G would make an interesting comparison to the Mosquito.

The Beaufighter would take a lot more work to model but would be the best opponent for the Ju-88C. That said, out of Bremspropeller's list the Ju-188 is tempting due to the beauty of its cockpit.

The Ju 188 and Ju 88S-2 would be cool, but I believe there's only very little data to work with.

Personally, I'd like to see an A-20G or H (screw the gunner-positions to cut development time!) or even an A-26B/C.

Next in line for the USAAF would be a B-26, next would be a B-25.

Both of the latter are kind of let down by the inaboility of flying around in large bomber-formations. The same is true for the A-20 and A-26, but they also flew intruder missions.

A P-61 would be curious, cool and unique, too. But the radar-development seems iffy and screwing with the radar is half the fun in flying the 61...

The same is true a He 219 - not because it was a Mosquito-slayer (it wasn't), but because it *could* have been a useful night-intruder (read: a german P-61A), too.

Not sure if they ever tested or integrated ANY bombs in the 219, though. But then again, there were duckloads of Ju 88s available for that job, so why ruin a promising night-fighter design for that purpose...