Jump to content
Nil

Polikarpov U2 ❤️"Kukuruznik" Fan Club & Help

Recommended Posts

Hello chaps. : -)

 

I have finally dusted off my credit card and splashed out on the Кукурузник.

 

Wish me luck! see you scudding along the ground somewhere....

 

Salute!

 

Planky.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice plane.

Really good for acrobatics.

Wingover machine hey! yes!

Vertical snaproll thingies are a dream.

It sinks straight down too, no nasty wing drop.

The sensation of sinking is great.

Pulls out of nasty dives too.

 

Reminded me of the DH2 at the start then I pushed it harder and it felt like a Halberstadt DII.

Never lost it once. Recovers very well.

 

Got the hang of the seriously offset mg on the wing. ( Set it to 100m )

Actually used the provided sight... Shot some D7 twerps up. : - )

 

Give it a wing cut out and you would have a first class scout on your hands.

With a bit of technique you can compensate for this by flying up while looking under the wing

then flying down and looking over the wing, to keep your eye on the hun.

This is of course due to the  plane being able to fly with it's nose up quite a lot.

Great!

 

The mg seems to be quite ineffective against the WW1 kites however,

even after multiple impacting bursts they seem to fly off unscathed.

I would of thought that they would be sawn in half... never mind.

 

A neat plane.

Could do with a bit of blinking polish.

The leather looks like it has been left in the washing machine for a bit long

and the machine looks, erm, faded?

Must be that strong sun out there... in the wide open steppes...

 

Very enjoyable. Awesome to toss about in the sky.

Nice acro machine.

20%fuel and you can go mental. I did.

 

Salute!

 

Planky.

 

 

 

Edited by Plank
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed firing the wing mounted gun in the evening there's a really nice bluish flame effect on the machine gun. Looks really cool. Not sure if other planes have this in the evening or just the PO-2 but it looks real nice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dersheriff has some awesome Po 2 vids of him online with a human gunner. Theyre hilarious and a good watch.  Its really funny how many people cant attack a slow plane.  Its also hilarious in one he actually shoots down a 109... 

I definitely want it someday.. But the LA5FN and Yak1B will get preference. Frankly so will BoBP but even if I cant afford BP I WILL get that P38 somehow..

Mmm forks..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Psyrion said:

Count me in to the fanclub. :biggrin:

20190417225200_1.thumb.jpg.fd43b4ec1b82141bb8005e491b6da022.jpg

20190417225058_1.thumb.jpg.c1b3f9a92db332e6b5def10bca90a582.jpg

 

U2 Cubs!

 

Is that skin available here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 1:29 PM, Sublime said:

Dersheriff has some awesome Po 2 vids of him online with a human gunner. Theyre hilarious and a good watch.  Its really funny how many people cant attack a slow plane.  Its also hilarious in one he actually shoots down a 109... 

I definitely want it someday.. But the LA5FN and Yak1B will get preference. Frankly so will BoBP but even if I cant afford BP I WILL get that P38 somehow..

Mmm forks..

I watched that Sheriff video. It was a K4 he killed too. Iconic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CanadaOne You can have them :happy:.
I loosely based them on boeing stearman designs but I can see the cub in there to. Fair warning, the skins might be a bit crude around the edges.
DOWNLOAD

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I watched that Sheriff video. It was a K4 he killed too. Iconic.

Ah you saw it too?  For some reason the vids of him with that dude as his gunner are just gold.  The back and forth between him and the gunner is great especially sometimes the gunners sarcasm goes over DerSheriffs serious German mind.  :)

i missed that it was a K that makes it that much more awesome.  Early in the vid if you remember guys are just augering in trying to slow down and gun down the U2 like idiots..   But when he gets that 109 he gets greedy and actually starts maneuvering and turning.  And .. Shoots down a 109K.  He is that guy I guess :)

the server chat guys must have known by then he was tooling around in a U2 because the chat ERUPTS when he shoots down the 109. Hehe

Edited by Sublime
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Ah you saw it too?  For some reason the vids of him with that dude as his gunner are just gold.  The back and forth between him and the gunner is great especially sometimes the gunners sarcasm goes over DerSheriffs serious German mind.  :)

i missed that it was a K that makes it that much more awesome.  Early in the vid if you remember guys are just augering in trying to slow down and gun down the U2 like idiots..   But when he gets that 109 he gets greedy and actually starts maneuvering and turning.  And .. Shoots down a 109K.  He is that guy I guess :)

the server chat guys must have known by then he was tooling around in a U2 because the chat ERUPTS when he shoots down the 109. Hehe

Looking back on the video now I'm not sure it was a K4 after all. Not that it makes that much of a difference when you're flying a U-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it doesnt matter.  Lets be serious its about the same as shooting down a P40 with a Fokker DVII 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, Sublime said:

I definitely want it someday.. But the LA5FN and Yak1B will get preference. Frankly so will BoBP but even if I cant afford BP I WILL get that P38 somehow..

Mmm forks..

 

You still don't have the La5FN and the Yak1B?

 

If you really want them I can send them to you as a gift. Just let me know...  ;)

Edited by Uufflakke
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No thank you really Im good. I Pmed you. As I said in my PM thank you but I seriously also never want anything else gifted. I mean seriously when I get random "player xxxx" on MP seeing my name and telling me to go beg for airplanes and how I should get a job (from people who dont know me? Lol) enough is enough. Plus Im sure theres new people out there who need planes more than me.

Thank you again really though

Edited by Sublime
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sublime said:

Ah you saw it too?  For some reason the vids of him with that dude as his gunner are just gold.  The back and forth between him and the gunner is great especially sometimes the gunners sarcasm goes over DerSheriffs serious German mind.  :)

i missed that it was a K that makes it that much more awesome.  Early in the vid if you remember guys are just augering in trying to slow down and gun down the U2 like idiots..   But when he gets that 109 he gets greedy and actually starts maneuvering and turning.  And .. Shoots down a 109K.  He is that guy I guess :)

the server chat guys must have known by then he was tooling around in a U2 because the chat ERUPTS when he shoots down the 109. Hehe

 

That gunner's Bo (Bohica Ice, I think is the full "name"... check out "Bo Time Gaming" on youtube). He's a great streamer, does a lot of war thunder and occasionally an IL-2 vid. Those IL-2 vids are the best. He usually flies with Bismark too, which is fun.

 

I still have the Luftwaffe Pirates song in my head. :)

Edited by 71st_AH_Yankee_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

 

That gunner's Bo (Bohica Ice, I think is the full "name"... check out "Bo Time Gaming" on youtube). He's a great streamer, does a lot of war thunder and occasionally an IL-2 vid. Those IL-2 vids are the best. He usually flies with Bismark too, which is fun.

 

I still have the Luftwaffe Pirates song in my head. :)

oh thats Bo?! I cant believe I disnt recognize his voice I watch his stuff. Btw have you seen the UBoat early access streams? Looks promising.

I was shocked the other to finally see Sheriff and Bismarcks face. It must have been old videos of theirs but back to back was surprisjng for me

Edited by Sublime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, Sublime said:

 Theyre hilarious and a good watch. 

 

This duo on the same plane is priceless

Take a look some precise moment here ;I set those videos on to be played on  a precise time

 

 

 

And of course the video with the U2 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Nil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nil said:

 

This duo on the same plane is priceless

Take a look some precise moment here ;I set those videos on to be played on  a precise time

 

 

 

And of course the video with the U2 

 

 

 

 

 

LOL ty

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks,

I'm looking for UV-2S skins/skin thread. Does anyone know if there is any? Can't fin it with search function nor any skin around, quite strange.

Cheers

2019_4_18__18_22_2.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Monostripezebra said:

here are some pointers on how to hit things from higher up:

 

 

 

How on earth does a U-2 get up to 3000m? If I put any bombs on it it seems reluctant to crawl above 300

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

 

 

How on earth does a U-2 get up to 3000m? If I put any bombs on it it seems reluctant to crawl above 300

How much Life do you have left? I'm looking at another 50 Years, which seems managable.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

U-2 get up to 3000m

I think it much better to just sneak up on 'em between the bushes and post the bombs through their letterbox... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

I think it much better to just sneak up on 'em between the bushes and post the bombs through their letterbox... 

... and you could use the time it takes to get to target to reach the altitude to climb above the trees and then dive to letterbox level from there!! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone in need of a lonely Po2/U2? I can give it away, poor thing collects dust in my gift basket since the sale instead of flying around dusting crops or krauts.  (first come first serve)

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, E4GLEyE said:

Anyone in need of a lonely Po2/U2? I can give it away, poor thing collects dust in my gift basket since the sale instead of flying around dusting crops or krauts.  (first come first serve)

Thats really nice! Im pretty sure @QB.Gregor- not only want it but he needs it. I havent been able to convince him to buy it.🤔🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sandmarken said:

Thats really nice! Im pretty sure @QB.Gregor- not only want it but he needs it. I havent been able to convince him to buy it.🤔🤔

Very Well, gonna send it to him, just make sure the thing flies, would hate to see it rust in a hangar 😄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, E4GLEyE said:

Very Well, gonna send it to him, just make sure the thing flies, would hate to see it rust in a hangar 😄

Oh he will trust me😉😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, QB.Gregor- said:

OMG thank both of you so much :) I will make sure it bombs some germans.

any time :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Restores faith in Human Nature does stuff like this!! I could even do you a 'rusting in a hangar' skin for it if you like!! :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Restores faith in Human Nature does stuff like this!! I could even do you a 'rusting in a hangar' skin for it if you like!! :rolleyes:

I woud love that 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sandmarken said:

I woud love that

I'll see what I can do...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right... WHO wants a Barnfind? If it's a "Yes" then I'll put it up in the Skinhouse...

If it's an affirmative then I've just got a wee bit more 'distressing' to do on it. A couple of threadbare bits and such!!

EvJ9ZVU.jpg

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course we want it! Thank you @Raptorattacker

We always need a Po2 in our barn!

Great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There can never be too many skins for this, it allows us to wander the maps anytime without necessarily doing anything more than just sight seeing.:drinks:

 

 

Not exactly 'rusting in a hangar' but great work all the same, a real barn find would most likely require missing fabric all over the place, would be amazing for adding to the static U-2 object if that is possible in the mission builder, for use on airfields that have been abandoned many moons ago.;)

 

 

Take care.

 

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Missionbug said:

Not exactly 'rusting in a hangar' but great work all the same, a real barn find would most likely require missing fabric all over the place

It DOES say that it aint finished. 'Threadbare' is I think the terminology? :scratch_one-s_head:

To be fair, it really DOES look messy up close, trust me. Also the only actual rusty bits would be the exhausts as they're the only actual metal bits.

Ye of little faith, hold thy horses and all shall be revealed!!

Rap

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you go! Go get it at Rap's Skinhouse in all it's tatty and threadbare glory!! At the bottom of page 10, for those interested...

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...