Jason_Williams

Developer Diary, Part 197 - Discussion

On 7/9/2018 at 12:41 AM, thenorm said:

Never flown WWI aircraft, sure, but I flew gliders for 7 years or so, and especially with the Schweizer 1-26, rudder was the dominant roll input surface given how much adverse yaw there was from the ailerons, I'm willing to believe what they had in RoF was accurate since construction between a WWI craft and a 1-26 isn't hugely different. 

I fly post WW1 biplanes (FW,Bücker,Stampe,Stearman), and can assure you, that RoF has the same rudder/roll coupling problem as BoX had in the beginning. Gliders are very different.

I think this is my first post here on the forums so thought I'd save it for a special occasion!!

Just bought FC to support you guy's. It's looking awesome and I can't wait for the map and more aircraft.

I really like the atmosphere of IL2 and the feeling of immersion you get from it, and from what I've read FC will be the same. I play solely in VR and the feeling you get in the SPAD XIII feels very claustrophobic! makes you realise how small these aircraft really were.  I really hope this turns out to be a great success for the devs and they move onto introducing a career mode in FC, as this works so well on the main IL2 sim.

It's going to be a great ride......

Edited by Bartman

Will additional planes be made available as they are finished to those of us who pre-ordered FC? 

Any forecast as to when FC will be ready for full release?

Really enjoying FC so far and also still love flying RoF. 

Keep up the good work!

BadBud  

The understanding is that the 8 or so aircraft purchased with the 1st release will be made available as they are finished.

Excited for both bobp and flying circus, but I have a request, the number of planes in quick combat are getting pretty full, and I'm concerned campaign and others may get clutter too.  Is there a way to have WWI be a sub menu or have simple/high level filter(s) for eras or range of years to help keep things organized and managable?