Sign in to follow this  
Bies

Migration of original Rise of Flight GUI and menu to new IL2 Flying Circus

Hi,

RoF has very nice, moody and original WW1 style GUI and menus.

For sure they took a lot of work and they made the experience with RoF better.

Are this GUI going to be implemented to the new Flying Circus?

IL2 currently has very basic GUI which looks like kind of placeholder in compare with RoF's. There were always something more important to do, what was right decision.

The team has lot of work with new titles so for sure they can't spare any time doing GUI's, but it would be a shame to have the new FC with less attractive/moody GUIs then RoF.

(Maybe Jason could pay some 3rd party guy to create some attractive GUI for IL2? Something like i.e. in old 2001 IL2 but more modern? Or like RoF but with WWII style?)

have  a nice day and good luck for the developing team:salute:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

+1 on that.

I really hope they keep a similar UI to RoF. Learning new UI is such a damned nuisance!

I'm really looking forward to FC. Good luck devs!

Salute!
Stumble.

• Upvote 2

It would be very nice indeed, would love nothing more than to have a controller setup GUI like ROF has.

6 hours ago, Stumble said:

Learning new UI is such a damned nuisance!

I don't think so, also considering the actual size of the RoF community I wouldn't ask for too many things.

Il-2s interface is good and unless flying circus is a standalone (which it won't be) the UI will stay the same.

• Upvote 2

To be honest, having just moved across getting around in IL2 is just fine. Wouldn't worry too much Stumble !

WW2 control menu's are a pain on my brain however they look.

S!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I don't think so, also considering the actual size of the RoF community I wouldn't ask for too many things.

Il-2s interface is good and unless flying circus is a standalone (which it won't be) the UI will stay the same.

I would say that nonstop nitpicking by the RoF community at this time would do nothing constructive.  In fact I worry it could result in FC being put on the back burner.  I'm simply thankful that FC is being worked on.  IL-2's GUI works very well and does the job it was intended to do.  Compared to CloD GUI's intuitiveness  it is light years ahead.  

Edited by US103_Furlow
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully the RoF community will benefit from FC as pilots realise the larger plane set available, allowing newbies to suggest expansions in FC

Just as a reminder, there is an active Rise of Flight community with the organised events well subscribed bypilots from all over the world.

Salute

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Not possible. In the future IL-2 will get a new sexier looking GUI artwork, but that will have to wait until the next dev. cycle. No one wants to change it more than I do, but it's not critical to play the game. We also keep changing the logic behind the GUI so making artwork changes when the GUI layout is still in flux is a waste of time and money.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

Give us a "tower View" where the spectator camera looks out of the tower for the field you have selected.

2 hours ago, =AGW=Master said:

Give us a "tower View" where the spectator camera looks out of the tower for the field you have selected.

I dont think there were "towers". Perhaps hangers??

I would just like WWI and FC to be distinct in some way from WWII IL2. Not to be just another campaign/planes.

But be honest: i'll buy FC anyway and i'll have a great time.;)

• Upvote 1