Slow Motion Rise of Flight

Specht

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ftJd2y02A

This is my first video in Rise of Flight, so be gentle. icon_cool.gif

Although one or another scene may be loosely based on historical events, the video is fictional. I had a lot of fun making it and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Edit: I don't know how to embed videos on this forum yet...

Edited by Specht
  • Upvote 1

This was very good.

I liked:

1. The music. I thought it fit very well. It had a kind of cold, dispassionate sound which fitted the nature of the battles.

2. The slow motion effects that showed off the damage modelling of Rise of Flight.

3. The pilot gestures. This feature is sooooooo cool in RoF. I just love it. It always adds to the immersion of screenshots, especially when contrasted to the relative immobility of pilots of IL2 (I haven't really played CoD).

4. You showed an Eindekker. That's my default ride whenever I can play RoF.

Criticisms

Nothing much really, but if pushed I would say:

1. I think the use of slow motion is best suited to things like bullet arcs, damage being inflicted - things that shows the dynamism of the engine (and look awesome slowed down) so I would have included more footage of that: ballistic models, damage models, perhaps jockeying for a good shot.

2. Fly-bys in-game lok better than when slowed down, IMO. In real time the lighting and the model qulaity looks great, but wheen slowed down I think it looks worse (but still really good. The fact that there is shadowing always bowls me over).

Lovely atmospheric effort, I really enjoyed watching. Would have liked some more slow-motion tracers, but I'm a bloodthirsty sort..  :-)

Where did you get the music from, is it royalty-free and freely available? - It's enthralling.  

79_vRAF_Friendly_flyer

Music's great! The sound and particularly the slow motion made an atmosphere that kind of reminds me of "Pulse" for CoD (which I think is the single best user-made combat flight sim video to date). If you don't know it:

Smashing video (Specht's I mean). Please continue making videos!

Edited by Friendly_flyer

Thanks I enjoyed it, But it worked opposite on me than your intention of getting me amped up to join in the fun.

It made feel solemn,  but in a good way. :)

79_vRAF_Friendly_flyer

WoW FF .. that was good..

Isn't it? Not mine by a long shot though, I lack booth the talent and the hardware.

I think I like the slow, almost contemplative style of both videos.

Mid-air collisions' damage model is simply breathtaking. Thousand miles away from the 'Lego looking like' pattern in Il-2 1946, happily not so much in CoD.

Nice job and keep them coming, please.  :)

AA_Engadin.

Edited by AA_Engadin

• 2 weeks later...

Love it.

My favourite shots:

- The Nieuport 28 that makes a Split-S

- The Bristol Fighter that gets shot down, and the wings hit the Albatros

Love it.

My favourite shots:

- The Nieuport 28 that makes a Split-S

- The Bristol Fighter that gets shot down, and the wings hit the Albatros

The Bristol scene was hilarious actually, I was following the Bristol into the cloud and shooting it, because the camera is outside the cloud, you can see what's going on, but in my Albatros I couldn't see the Bristol anymore, but I kept shooting for a second hoping to hit him even without seeing him, then I felt an impact which broke my engine and propeller, splattering oil all over my face, I thought I had slammed into the Bristol's tail, so I glided off the cloud, and as soon as I got out of it, a friendly Albatros collided with me head on. I even put the scene of my Albatros going down after the collision, although you don't see the collision itself.

• 4 months later...

I thought the vid was excellent.  A wake-up to what it was to fly back in that theater.  Isn't that why we are all here?  Bravo,  good work.