fantomk

Driving tanks in BoS?

Anyone here saw this video?

IL-2: CPB Record Stream - new alpha version (38%)  

Is that T-34 just for fun or we can actually play it and even other tanks in the future?

• Upvote 1

Technically it is possible now, It would be fun.

I like !!!

The developers need time.. and community support.

They have time, but community support? that is the question..

They mentioned in the video that this was an internal thing they added to show dynamic shadowing and lightning feature (would be hard to show with aircraft landing lights alone). There was also a strong point that tank driving/control will not going to be available on release and the focus is all about aircraft (which is a good thing IMHO).

• Upvote 1

Tanks no, though maybe in the distant future as part of combined arms, but taking over AA to defend airfields, YES!

• Upvote 2

Please no! It's a flight sim!

There are so many thing to be done for planes, no time lost on tanks driving please  :mellow:

• Upvote 3

There are so many thing to be done for planes, no time lost on tanks driving please  :mellow:

+1

Keep it simple, meaning keep it in the air `till it`s done. Last time they tried to implement something like that we saw what happened...

I want troop leading more than anything, it opens up so much possibilities to dynamic and living battlefield.

• Upvote 1

Don't repeat the mistake of CloD. I couldn't care less about super-highly detailed ground units and controllable AA guns.

Give us a 1st rate combat flight sim with good FMs and DMs, believable AI and immersive offline campaign and good multiplayer options.

• Upvote 5

I loved what I saw from that IL2 and Stuka. Great stuff. Stuka seems to be a little further away for us, but that IL2 can't be to far now.   :)

Don't repeat the mistake of CloD. I couldn't care less about super-highly detailed ground units and controllable AA guns.

Give us a 1st rate combat flight sim with good FMs and DMs, believable AI and immersive offline campaign and good multiplayer options.

+1 :good:

Edited by GA_332

I honestly wouldn't mind tanks. Even at release. As long as they have a solid air experience. If they brought someone in to finish up tanks in parallel with aircraft. I'm all for it.

• Upvote 1

This is a nonissue as they said they won't be drivable.

Not just yet. But you might be surprised. You never know. With War Thunder doing tanks now. I don't think tanks are off the table by any stretch.

• Upvote 1

it is a great option and it wont take much resource for basic driving tank :)

and ground troops to strafe

Edited by =69.GIAP=Yastreb
  • Upvote 1

If this motivates them in any way to improve the ground units' physics, damage models or AI I'm all for it. Drivable tanks may not be on the top of the priority list for now, but they are a very important part of the game as AI units.

Well right up until this moment I would have said purely to focus on the air. But that tank drives around in a very convincing and attractive way. After seeing that video it looks pretty attractive.

Something for the future, even as an alternate or third party team working side by side with the IL2 guys could develop it into a fun and desirable addition.

That said, core gameplay first, but I have no doubt that 777 is on the ball with that, they are the most focused dev team i've seen.

You mean, "thanks, but no tanks"?

Ca va Fifi?

If the multiplayer supports only 30 people like in rof ground vehicles would be a huge issue since people would look for each other for ages. Even COD and il2 have higher numbers. Until the limit is raised player vehicles would cripple the gameplay.

I've got War Thunder for tanks. I'd rather keep this game about aircraft.

+1, yep, agree...

As FlatSpinMan allready said, it's not an idea, not a feature and not an issue.

Is this a remake of The Dukes of Hazzard?

As FlatSpinMan allready said, it's not an idea, not a feature and not an issue.

Is this a remake of The Dukes of Hazzard?

Accept for the whole dev's driving tanks around in the game.....

I mean why on earth would someone Not want tanks along with planes? If they can do it right, let em do it. Just more players buying the new IL-2 series.

Edited by SYN_Hooves
  • Upvote 2

If the multiplayer supports only 30 people like in rof.

Sorry, but where on earth did you get that inaccurate information?

Why not have a WWII 'simulator'? Why limit things to just planes? Cockpit view start on runway, hit 'E' to start engine; man how many years has it been like that? I'm for anything new and different, assuming of course that it's done well. 

• Upvote 2

Mission creep, feature creep.

I'd love an all-singing, all-tank-driving game too, but it takes away resources from the core. Besides, before getting a tank to drive around, I'd want ground troops and other materiel - and they'd be more useful for the flightsim aspect, too.

Hooves - I believe in the video Loft said that he showed the tank to highlight light or textures but said it would not be in the game. Can anyone corroborate that?

• Upvote 1

yeah Flatspin, but you arn't seeing the forest for the trees here mate.  Its already done, these tanks drive, shoot, and look great.  As I said before, if they can bring in a guy to finish it up. Then why not?   I mean you saw the thing driving around and shooting. Its not as if we are longing for something not even though of.....  Its damn near completed, staring you down with its gun barrel.  Not much more work needed in the scheme of things.

Edited by SYN_Hooves

I believe in the video Loft said that he showed the tank to highlight light or textures but said it would not be in the game. Can anyone corroborate that?

I hope that this totally overdone headlight beam wont be part of the release. Even if we talk about uncovered headlights this kind of immense bright light cone looks like beeing produced by a modern HID xenon headlight. I mean we're talking about (mostly covered) 35 Watt Bilux bulbs and not 3500 lumens high tech lights.

But I understand that it is only for testing and demonstrating. :)

• Upvote 1

Mission creep, feature creep.

I'd love an all-singing, all-tank-driving game too, but it takes away resources from the core.

Yes. I hope they'll do the flight sim parts of the game well first and THEN maybe add ground war features where player can control a tank or whatever.

The progress so far has been great, but I hope air warfare part stays in #1 priority.

In the english version of the stream the devs repeatedly state that they have NO plans of implementing driveable tanks into BoS. It was only done to showcase the dynamic shadows.

Well the drivable tanks already exist as can be seen on the video, you can drive them around and fire the cannon, you just need to add a gunsight.

Of course we all want the perfect flight sim, but the drivable tanks and vehicles will be a nice adittion as a side development NOT interferring with the flight sim.

It will draw more players to the game, and add a lot of gameplay options.

No need to be as detailed as in Red Orchestra.

• Upvote 1

I agree with most opinions that all the resources should focus on planes development, but also as many guys said the basic things like driving and shooting are already done. Including driveable tanks will be a great bonus, many guys including myself will enjoy driving a tank from time to time, and I understand the sim is about planes, but even a driveable tank without detailed interiors and with just a basic gunsight will be more than enough to make many people happy, so if the developers decide to include tanks in the next month, or at the middle of the year, I will definitely will be buying it.  :salute:

Edited by JAG

Well the drivable tanks already exist as can be seen on the video, you can drive them around and fire the cannon, you just need to add a gunsight.

Of course we all want the perfect flight sim, but the drivable tanks and vehicles will be a nice adittion as a side development NOT interferring with the flight sim.

It will draw more players to the game, and add a lot of gameplay options.

No need to be as detailed as in Red Orchestra.

It was quoted in the video that they were not going to implement drivable tanks for the game... they are not taking BoS down the route of war Thunder, so if you want drivable tanks in a flight sim, that's the route to go :)