I have geforce 1080, and it need 500w power , and the powerbox in my pc is a 500w ...

But other 'stuff' takes power too , so is it enough ....or shal I get a bigger ( or have one more outside for my gpu ) 🤔

just get a 800w power supply and dont worry about it. 

Edited by Geronimo553

thanx - but no problem then  I take a 500 w out side my pc and single put to my gpu card .... so 2 power 500 are running ? 

500W is plenty to run an i7-6700k at a high overclock + an overclocked GTX 1080. I doubt peak power draw ever exceeds 400W and it should mostly be around 300-350W under heavy load.

• Thanks 1

What kind of power supply is it? If it’s a unit from a reputable manufacturer that can actually do 500 W, you’ll be fine as long as you do not do any extreme overclocking.

I have seen low-quality power supplies fail catastrophically when pushed close to their rated output for some time.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

More than the total power supply of the power unit you should look at the amperage of the 12V output used for the GPU.

I had a 750W unit (with 45A for 12V output) for my 1080Ti and it was not enough because of the amperage. I had to replace it by an 850W unit with 72A for the 12V.

The GPU can demand high peaks of amperage and the power supply has to be stable enough at high peaks.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28660-vr-tips-and-tricks-improving-your-vr-experience-updated-5thjun18/?do=findComment&comment=601297

Ooooo, I see now my power is a Corsair RM 750x .... Was 500 in my older pc 

Sorry ,..... But ... My 12v is A 62,5  .... So maybe buy a bigger one 35A5BD74-6A88-40AC-AFF9-8DE306F342BB.thumb.png.0247a5e902f68f303107fa05609d6742.png

It's a MSI geforce 1080 

The 1080 isn't really a power hog, if you had a vega 64 in there then you might be in trouble. With that 750cx you should be fine, however I'd look in the future at buying a better power supply, seasonic makes arguably the best stuff you can buy in regards to power supplies.