Vendigo

FORTRESS STALINGRAD - SP scripted campaign [I-16 type 24]

7 hours ago, alpenspion said:

This campaign is Great!

Thanks, it makes me happy to know people are enjoying it! 

On 6/29/2018 at 2:42 PM, Trooper117 said:

Brilliant... Can't get enough of those Polikarpovs... now, if only we had the I-153...

What a beauty!maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.2e069a7cc1cce7a1dbf48d09fc82efb3.jpg

On 6/29/2018 at 2:42 PM, Trooper117 said:

Brilliant... Can't get enough of those Polikarpovs... now, if only we had the I-153...

What a beauty!maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.2e069a7cc1cce7a1dbf48d09fc82efb3.jpg

How that campaign behaves with the new upgrade?

I've flown the first 3 missions so far. They were well made, but the tons of AI's swarming all over the Volga are killing my System. While the Fps are ok, the action goes into slow motion when engaging these huge formations of Bombers. 

34 minutes ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

I've flown the first 3 missions so far. They were well made, but the tons of AI's swarming all over the Volga are killing my System. While the Fps are ok, the action goes into slow motion when engaging these huge formations of Bombers. 

Thanks for your feedback, it is a pity you experience the slow downs, would you mind posting your PC specs?

Mine are shown in the readme file, and I am able to run all the missions quite smoothly; an insignificant slow down occurs when I am flying in the midst of Ju-88 formation in the second mission but as soon as I break, the mission is running normally again.

Also, mission No.3 is less populated compared to 2nd mission, and still you are experiencing the slowdowns? 

I hope time will come when the devs find time and resources to address the "this game can't handle 30+ bombers simultaneously" issue.  

Indeed my system is kind of aged. So I don't expect it to handle 30 AIs at once. 

Win 10

Gtx970

16gb RAM

I5 3.2 GHZ

Posted (edited)

Blooddawn1942 I was making the missions based on my own PC performance, hope you can understand! So some of the missions are somewhat "heavy" but I presume the better hardware you have, the smoother they run. 

However, not all the missions are as populated as the first two, in fact the majority of them are smaller, so they should run better.

I hope you will still be interested to try this campaign sometime in the future after you upgrade your system! 

Btw I did some quick testing and it appears that the recent update has ruined the missions in which the Player is "boom zoomed" by Bf109's right at the mission start. The AI's are supposed to attack immediately; now they circle around waiting for the opponent to compelte the take off run.   

Edited by Vendigo
  • Upvote 1

@Vendigo If you update your campaign, it is possible to make a version with less black smoke over stalingrad for the first 2-3 missions?

Maybe this could help those who haven´t a hig end NASA system.

I would enjoy this campaign too,but the first missions are impossible to play.

Thx and Saluté.

15 hours ago, Semor76 said:

@Vendigo If you update your campaign, it is possible to make a version with less black smoke over stalingrad for the first 2-3 missions?

Maybe this could help those who haven´t a hig end NASA system.

I would enjoy this campaign too,but the first missions are impossible to play.

Thx and Saluté.

Thank you for posting and yes, I have plans to update the campaign although I am not sure whether simply cutting down on the smokes alone would benefit the performance on "weaker" PC's.

I think the devs have made some wrong decision about game engine, if having a couple dozen of aircraft in a mission forces the game engine to slow down. But we have to deal with it.

Now, due to family matters the time that I can spend on IL-2 is very limited, and I have a new campaign in development so I hope to finish it frist and then I will update "Fortress Stalingrad", too! But I would again note that I tend to use my own PC as a benchmark to test the missions performance.

• Like 1

Love that smokes it for sure add to immersion, I don't think so it's alone blame for  that huge fps impact, other stuff does more I think.

• Thanks 1

Awesome campaign never a dull moment action packed all the way, i was a tad iffy about trying it after reading others troubles with fps but a few days later i thought i just have to give it a go and im glad i did THANKS. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JUSTPLANECRAZY said:

Awesome campaign never a dull moment action packed all the way, i was a tad iffy about trying it after reading others troubles with fps but a few days later i thought i just have to give it a go and im glad i did THANKS. 

Yes, this is an awesome campaign for me too.

I have a 7 years old system, Intel Core i7-3960X CPU @3.30GHz, 64 GB ram and Win-7 64-bit, and it is fluid.

• Thanks 1

Hi GunnyHighway  did you by any chance have stuttering on mission 10 ? i have just flown it and when coming in to land almost crashed it was that bad, i was only asking for 100 fps i have been getting away with 120 fps on all the heavy duty missions without a hick, my system is i7- 8086K  4GHz with 32 GB ram 1080ti Win 10 it has me baffled.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback guys, I am glad you have enjoyed the campaign! 

6 hours ago, JUSTPLANECRAZY said:

did you by any chance have stuttering on mission 10 ? i have just flown it and when coming in to land almost crashed it was that bad, i was only asking for 100 fps i have been getting away with 120 fps on all the heavy duty missions without a hick, my system is i7- 8086K  4GHz with 32 GB ram 1080ti Win 10 it has me baffled.

Indeed it is strange because mission 10 ("unfriendly sky") is not heavy at all, with less than a dozen aircraft (both red and blue included) involved in the actual dogfight right over the Player's airfield. This is one of the missions where I never had a slightest slowdown or any FPS drop whatsoever; I will re-try it as I think recent patches might have changed it.    

Thanks i thought it was my computer, i was like a kid at christmas one minute then the next i could have put my boot through my computer lol.  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Tony_Kito said:

I had a bit of a beautiful moment while playing this campaign, namely the mission where it's low overcast and you bomb the bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYdjO5IQLvs

Wow, thanks! Judging by the looks of your I-16, you had a hell of a flight! Did you destroy that bridge?

As I can see you didn't make it to the airfield, crashlanding near the frontline, but I think the campaign let you progress to the next mission nonetheless, right?  

Hi there just wanted to let you know mission 11 which i ( had to do it twice i got lost in the pea soup then plugged full of holes the first time lol ) i had 1 tiny hick nothing worth writing home about then jumped into mission 12 heavy duty stuff again and she was as SMOOTH AS SILK and its just BRILLIANT CHEERS.😃

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, alpenspion said:

Can you make such a great campaing with the La-5 oder Lagg-3 too?

Actually what I have in the works now is another I-16 campaing on a different map.  

Btw a new campaign of Lagg-3 in Stalingrad has been posted in the Russian forum, maybe someone will translate it. 

22 hours ago, JUSTPLANECRAZY said:

Hi there just wanted to let you know mission 11 which i ( had to do it twice i got lost in the pea southen plugged full of holes the first time lol ) i had 1 tiny hick nothing worth writing home about then jumped into mission 12 heavy duty stuff again and she was as SMOOTH AS SILK and its just BRILLIANT CHEERS.😃

Glad you are enjoying it! There will be a couple more heavy populated missions towards the end, when you'll return to action over Stalingrad just as it is engulfed in street fighting. Hope they will run smoothly for you! 

Edited by Vendigo
  • Like 2