Sign in to follow this  
Gambit21

Media/Play Sound...10 seconds max?

...so it seems I can only play a 10 second clip max with the current editor logic?

No, the media translator plays the entire audio track. The (greyed-out) "Base Time" setting of 10 is ignored.

Edited by JimTM
  • Upvote 1

Ok - thanks.

My track kept stopping despite (what I thought) was a stop media that left plenty of time.

I'll look at it again.

Gambit,

I have media (music) on up to 1min 40 sec in Fritz Life campaign. So its possible.

Haash

Guys,

Can I ask whether the mission with audio can be shared online in multiplayer. As soon as I added media content to be played in my mission, and it runs perfectly when I run it through for myself, it became impossible for my squadmate to share the mission in online dogfight mulitplayer. Clearly, the audio files don't reside on his machine and the path as referenced in the .Mission file would be different anyway even if he did download them.

Looking at the .list file the media is referenced there so there must be some way for an online co-flyer to be able to link to those files in order for him to be able to share in the mission.

5 hours ago, SCG_MADOV said:

Looking at the .list file the media is referenced there so there must be some way for an online co-flyer to be able to link to those files in order for him to be able to share in the mission.

Is the media file in the same directory as the .list file? 

I haven't tried using media in MP so I'm not sure it works unless players download the media separately.

no, the media file is elsewhere on my system, the advanced properties requires you to browse and then using the Set button you can fix that file into  the mission. I can try this tonight online, I will add the media to the Mission File bundle of 8 and then send the zip file to my wingman. Then I will try to get us both to fly together.

Problem as I see it, how does the other machine know where the file  is to be found as it's different on everyone's pc? Even if it's in the same directory, how will it be referenced in the .list file for him?

I answered my own question. One has to re-set the media path by using simply : muliplayer\dogfight\audio file.mp3 and then include the audio  files, in this case, with the zipped  mission files. Simples🦊

1 hour ago, SCG_MADOV said:

I answered my own question. One has to re-set the media path by using simply : muliplayer\dogfight\audio file.mp3 and then include the audio  files, in this case, with the zipped  mission files. Simples🦊

Rather than zipping and sending the audio file, try running the mission with the file in the same directory as the mission files and see if it gets downloaded to each player, along with the mission files. Of course that scenario may extend the loading time a lot.

Edited by JimTM

36 minutes ago, JimTM said:

Rather than zipping and sending the audio file, try running the mission with the file in the same directory as the mission files and see if it gets downloaded to each player, along with the mission files. Of course that scenario may extend the loading time a lot.

Yep. As long as the host server/computer has the audio file.mp3 in (C: D: wherever) into the main IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\Data\Audio Folder and set correctly to that path within the MCU Media. Those that join that mission will hear the audio without having to have the audio file themselves.

Tip

• Upvote 1

Hello Tip

Even better than having media files clogging up the Dogfight folder if they can all be collated in the Audio folder then sweet. Plus, other flyers don't need to download them so no slowdowns in loading times. Wizard!