Sign in to follow this  
ACG_Smokejumper

Force Feedback Oscillation for Mig 3 and Spitfires

Hi all,

I am curious about the force feedback elevator oscillation when the stick returns to centre on both the Mig3 and Spitfire. Why is it modeled when it is not on other aircraft. What is the reasoning behind this? What I find most odd is it doesn't seem to relate to speed the way other stick forces do. It seems quite a lazy back and forth for such high speeds. It's not a flutter but a gentle rocking back and forth. It's weird and I am curious about it.

The other concern I have with this is worn out stick centres. I have 5 MSFFB2 sticks. I horde them. (I have a Warthog, X55 and two logitech sticks as well) Even my red ones have play in the centre now as the gears wear out. I have found a few old guys who I can send gears to in order to have them re-fabricated but it is a bit extreme for just two aircraft.

I would like to know where I can read to find if this play in stick authority is accurate. If it isn't accurate would the DEVS consider aligning the behaviour FFB gives in the Mig 3 and Spitfires with the rest of the game?

I especially wonder at this due to the known Spitfire elevator position error for level flight.

Edited by 7./JG26_Smokejumper
  • Upvote 1

I have it too, and i dont think its because worn MSFFB2. But I dont know what affect the rocking center for Mig and Spit, and somewhat P-40. For me the Mig is worst. But its long time ago i did fly Mig or Spit. Before 3.000 path.

Can you describe what this is a little more clearly? I have a FFB G940 and have been flying a Spitfire and 109 recently, but have not noticed any difference, but perhaps I have just not been paying attention.

I did report this after first Mig 3 flight (release of Moscow) , MSFF2.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

I have a theory that maybe its because the settings. I have 48% edge dead zone. So maybe that is the reason so few have this issue. 

Its like there are about half a second delay in the center when you pull or push the stick and then the nose swing down or up and kind of overcompensate. The stick also lose the ffb when it goes over the center. And there are like bump in the center too when the swing happens.

On 6/28/2018 at 10:37 PM, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

Hi all,

I am curious about the force feedback elevator oscillation when the stick returns to centre on both the Mig3 and Spitfire. Why is it modeled when it is not on other aircraft. What is the reasoning behind this? What I find most odd is it doesn't seem to relate to speed the way other stick forces do. It seems quite a lazy back and forth for such high speeds. It's not a flutter but a gentle rocking back and forth. It's weird and I am curious about it.

The other concern I have with this is worn out stick centres. I have 5 MSFFB2 sticks. I horde them. (I have a Warthog, X55 and two logitech sticks as well) Even my red ones have play in the centre now as the gears wear out. I have found a few old guys who I can send gears to in order to have them re-fabricated but it is a bit extreme for just two aircraft.

I would like to know where I can read to find if this play in stick authority is accurate. If it isn't accurate would the DEVS consider aligning the behaviour FFB gives in the Mig 3 and Spitfires with the rest of the game? 

I especially wonder at this due to the known Spitfire elevator position error for level flight. 

I've noticed that too, with FFB2...

On 6/28/2018 at 5:04 PM, unreasonable said:

Can you describe what this is a little more clearly? I have a FFB G940 and have been flying a Spitfire and 109 recently, but have not noticed any difference, but perhaps I have just not been paying attention.

It's an intentional model. The motors push and pull the stick when coming out of a bank. The elevators do not return to centre like other aircraft. They rock up and down making the stick get pushed by the gears. Other aircraft return to centre snappy. The Mig3 and Spitfire appear sloppy which I question happening especially at high speed.