Sign in to follow this  
Fuggi

Steam PR and Reviews

Hello dear producers topic is directed towards 1C / Cenega. As a player and fan of your games from Big Battles Series im slightly worried about your steam situation and i feel it could be on much better level without using much energy and resources. As we can clearly see negative reviews on first edition which is Battle of Stalingrad is pretty big, on the second product Battle of Moscow situation looks slighty better. I'm sure steam reviews do really big impact on overall product PR so i believe you should study a bit of those most common problems and do moves in right direction. Some of most popular problems are controls settings and lack of tutorial videos and also some logging issues. I never experienced any of those beside maybe controlls settings because my inexperience in flight sims. My mine concern is to be more into resolving those problems in future steam realses of Battle of Kuban and Boddenplatte which can be really impactfull on your sucess which i wish you so we all fans and you producers can enjoy more new and better more polished content which will be pay off of some better PR. Cheers wish you all best. Jack (ps : sorry for english not my language)

Honestly every negative review is some user who has absolutely zero idea what it means to do a little research, they are used to games handing them dopamine hits every 5 seconds enabling them to coast through with little difficulty, Il2 is a simulator. This game takes a little patience to get going and especially some to get good at it. People just don't have that kind of patience, and honestly I know the developers want to bring people in, but this games just not for everyone. This isn't war thunder. It's funny you don't see these complaints from DCS when it's just as bad in the tutorial section and just as annoying to bind keys for. You have to bind keys for EACH aircraft in DCS, so you can spend hours doing it. If you are spending hours doing it in IL2 you need to go figure out some stuff with a little of your own gumption and will. There's TONS of tutorials on youtube. You can get tutorials on how to fly every single aircraft in the game. It's just annoying to see people slag this game with slander on steam that only have 1 hour logged on the game. Some guys saying you have to pay for campaign on steam and gave it a negative review when this is completely incorrect. People are quite annoying.

39 minutes ago, grimm862 said:

Honestly every negative review is some user who has absolutely zero idea what it means to do a little research, they are used to games handing them dopamine hits every 5 seconds enabling them to coast through with little difficulty, Il2 is a simulator. People are quite annoying.

"People are quite annoying".

That is huge understatement!  😃

• Haha 1