Han

Developer Diary, Part 195 - Discussion

Hurra !! :yahoo:

Insta pre order for me. Looking fantastic!

Please is 3D crew planed for look them along you inside cockpit? Not much detail (loading and that) with "just" the models I will be happy :dance: 

Edited by Fercyful

Looks like Steel Fury: Kharkov which is the compliment i can say to a tank game. Seeing the world through narrow slits cut in the armor gives the feeling of protection.

BTW. Tiger's turret traverse speed depended on main engine RPM so driver often in tense situations had to push the pedal even with the tank standing still just to speed up the heavy turret.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the news!!!

I´m still little worried about damage modeling when the game is "connected" with BOX, but I really hope I´ll we pleasantly surprised.

I really like WW2 tanks and I want this game to succeed, but I´m scared that I will be disappointed. 

I hope that this game will be full tank sim and not only "dlc" for our planes in BOX.

Fingers crossed! :joy:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

Speaking of mods.... What if we make 3D models? Can we submit them somewhere to be added to the game?

Check out the announcement section in jobs section I think they were asking about 3d modelers.

Very nice DD ,being and old DAT this is going to be fun.

1. Are Crew Members planned to be modeled in the future? Like how it is now with our gunners on multicrew planes. I got no problem with not seeing my players own body though, I always turn that off in other games anyway. I do like seeing the other crew members though like in the he111 or ju52.

2. Will a tank be able to have multiple players in it working together?

This looks awesome btw, love me some tanks. Looking forward to the damage system aswell, make it graphic.

I want to have my ears ringing and see blood splatters and a haze inside the tank after taking a hit. Maybe add a "hear in helmet option".

• Like 1

I wasn't that interested in tanks before, but this looks insane! Definitely have a pre-order from me.

OH MY GOD!!!!! I Can hardly contain my Excitment!!! Thank You for this wonderful News!!!! 

image.gif

THIS WILL BE EPIC!!!!!!

Most impressive. Each update, each new installment that this team creates, raises the expectation of excellence. I'm in.

Will we be able to use AAA vehicles in current maps?  

BTW, this looks epic...

Edited by BraveSirRobin

10 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Will we be able to use AAA vehicles in current maps? 

If you own Tank Crew edition, you'll be able to use its tanks/vehicules in other IL2 Great Battles titles.

Already confirmed 🙂

Edited by PA-Sniv
spelling

So the rumours were true, the Il-2-series is tanking....    😉

Amazing-looking models

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Fercyful said:

Hurra !! :yahoo:

Insta pre order for me. Looking fantastic!

Please is 3D crew planed for look them along you inside cockpit? Not much detail (loading and that) with "just" the models I will be happy :dance: 

I feel visible crew models very necessary for this... and with crew attire,... I’m sure it’s in the works...

also, would the crew be able to bail out?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =27=Davesteu said:

Also, I assume "Model 1943" being a typo? Should be Model 1942, am I correct?

Well, no. Unless they don't plan to add the T-34/76 Model 1943 to the sim, that is.

These are a T-34/76 Model 1943 tanks

T-34 Model 1943 Kursk.jpg

T-34 Model 1943.jpg

I am super excited for tanks and want to preorder 

One thing is holding  me back 

What improvements or considerations are being made for play on vr 

It has real potential to be an amazing  vr experience beyond what any competitor offers... I truly hope they grasp that opportunity 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

I am super excited for tanks and want to preorder 

One thing is holding  me back 

What improvements or considerations are being made for play on vr 

It has real potential to be an amazing  vr experience beyond what any competitor offers... I truly hope they grasp that opportunity 

This and the potential increase in people wanting to try 50 vs 50 MP maps would be great.

Man, this is going to be fun! Been waiting for a modern tank simulation for quite some time. Looks like this will be a ton of fun and offer some intreresting challenges - should be awesome being a commander on expert level and rely solely on what you can see (and I presume hear over the radio?) in order to coordinate your attack or defense of a certain area. 

I hope the devs pay special attention to sound effects - great sound effects adds tons more immersion than almost anything else, especially if you are playing in a buttoned up tank heading into battle. Imagine hearing shells whistle by, bullets pinging off the tanks, the loud clang of a tank shell ricocheting off, dirt falling around you after an arty shell hits close by, all the clicks/grinds/hum of the internals of the tank, sounds of the distant battle getting ever closer, etc. It’s already getting me excited!! I will definitely be purchasing this as a pre-order!

I am not really into tanks, but I would have purchased this anyway to help keep the team alive. However methinks I might just become a tank junky as well as a flight junky.

you guys deserve to make some serious money out of the whole enchilada you are presenting us with. 

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on those destructible buildings in the editor, rebuilding a village or two with them on the Belgium map in the Hurtgen Forest, and getting some Tiger vs Sherman action going with P-47 CAS.

This is looking amazing, even better than I was imagining.

Well done Jason, Han and team.

• Upvote 1

I really have faith in Tank Crew. Can't wait to play it.

- for VR, I strongly suggest AGAINST blocking mobility as we currently have in the planes, but rather use an inverted black mesh around the tank so that the player will see only black if he tries to stick his head out through a wall or inner object. If it works well, please consider doing that to the planes as well.

- in the video, am I seeing hints of "projections" in the way the cupola windows work? Have you guys already cracked it? If so, AWESOME!

815458c2f1a06c7297f7fcc08d619078.jpg.119833b357f577f4f3970f04aec644c8.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this 3 projects :tanks ,ww1 planes and Bobp.

But for tank combat i think it should be made possible as an option for just one player to control a tank (like it is now). Otherwise there might not be enough players online.Or the difficulty of finding friends to play at the same hour .

And another thing is i think they should have included the is2 or something because the t34 and kv1 are just outclassed by the panther . 

Edited by IVJG4-Knight

2 hours ago, Roast said:

Well, no. Unless they don't plan to add the T-34/76 Model 1943 to the sim, that is.

These are a T-34/76 Model 1943 tanks

We already have the T-34/76 mod 1943, as an AI tank, it came with the Kuban expansion.

Really looking forward to seeing how this pans out and sending some time flinging panzergranate across the map.

I loved the Tanks in Warthunder and spent many many hours in them - never bothered with the planes as I couldn't get into the reduced level of simulation they had.

Looks really nice so far.  How many AI tanks could we expect to see in game at the same time?  Given that it was the largest tank battle in the war, will the game be able to represent the major engagements or will it be geared towards the more peripheral squad-sized actions?

Salutations,

Actually, we haven't been given such unit size details. I get the impression that the player Tank Commander position may be akin to a flight leader and one may have tank wingman in a armored platoon. We'll see.

Major engagements? At most (unlikely), Battalion size per side in Single Player engagements. Probably can't or won't be any larger. Being at ground level, a FPS hit will come into play.🙂

I have created current missions (Reference image used) with five or six  4 tank panzer platoons (Battalion), plus the opponent side, as describe below. My FPS got into the 38-40s. 

Panzer Brigade.jpg

Edited by Thad
Panzer Image added. Text Brigade is incorrect.

3 hours ago, IVJG4-Knight said:

And another thing is i think they should have included the is2 or something because the t34 and kv1 are just outclassed by the panther . 

The IS-2 entered service in early 1944, Tank Crew is set during Zitadelle in summer 1943, ergo no IS-2, Su-85 or T-34/85.

Yep, the Soviet tanks are going to find themselves outclassed by the Tigers and Panthers, so the situation will be much the same as it already is with the aircraft (especially the 1941 plane set)

However, to accurately represent the actual combat of summer 1943, Tigers and Panthers would be a very rare sight indeed. By far the most German tanks during Zitadelle were Panzer IIIs and IVs. There would have been something like 20 T-34s for every Panther, and even worse odds for the Tiger. This of course should be reflected in both the campaign and MP, not every German player will get to drive a Tiger, most of them will be in Panzer IVs.

Also keep in mind, that the Soviet side will get the Su-152, which will be able to one-shot any German tank. With proper ambush tactics, all the Soviet T-34 and KV-1 players have to do is immobilize the 1-2 Tigers they are facing and then call in the Su-152 to finish the job.

9 hours ago, PA_Spartan- said:

It's gonna be a hell of a sim ...!!!! The mother of all Tank Sims!

11392992_848541911902360_682497283869887

0_d85a9_7213bbd5_orig

0_d85c2_10bbaff1_orig

We have heard nothing about either AT guns or infantry, so there is no indication that any of these pictures look like the game at all.

The actual battle was indeed a combined arms battle: what information we have so far suggests that the game is like a representation of the Battle of Britain  without any bombers. 

If people want a version of World of Tanks, it looks like that is what they will be getting.   I hope I am wrong, in which case I will be the first to congratulate the developers: but I fear not, so I will not be buying myself unless we see a combined arms approach. I support the developers when they make games I want to buy, not fantasy tank games for people uninterested in and ignorant of the facts of WW2 ground fighting.

• Like 2

These are great news.

Looking forward to a good tank sim since years. The wait was worth.

Its incredible, these details. I am in as soon as it shows PREORDER

Give me please the preorder button, my tank engine is running hot.

Best news and thanks for another great sim.

Good job

• Upvote 1

I'm in the same boat as PilotPierre.

I'll buy this title, though I don't care about tanks, supporting this team means the world to me.

But you never know. I may get addicted someday.

The pics look beautiful anyway, so it must be good what these guys are brewing up.

Not a small undertaking. WW1, tanks and BoBP all at one go. You guys rock like no other team I've ever seen.

Really BIG thumbs up.