Sign in to follow this  
E69_geramos109

Invisible planes on clouds and Vibration

Re,

Yes same bug (wither previous and actual version)

Nature of the bug: In some situations, planes disappear when they are in front of a cloud.
Specs: I5 2500K - 16Go de Ram - Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1060 6Go (driver 397.31 WHQL)

Graphics parameters:

2018_410.jpg

Videos from track:

On 6/23/2018 at 10:55 PM, E69_geramos109 said:

No one has the same bug or information about if they are going to solve it?

Re,

Only two guys ?

Posted (edited)

Same, they basically said earlier that: it can't be fixed so deal with it, it's not a major problem...

See: 

Edited by 9./JG52_Sturm

Oh so the answer is that we have to deal with that. hahah great. So instead of apologise to the users and try to find a solution they just told that there is nothing to do. So I can have a plane following me without spoting it just to kill me... Great news. 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Oh so the answer is that we have to deal with that. hahah great. So instead of apologise to the users and try to find a solution they just told that there is nothing to do. So I can have a plane following me without spoting it just to kill me... Great news. 

Indeed, more like [edited] the idea that this could even be seen as a real problem. So looks like we can look forward to more of this [edited] in Bodenplatte.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Rule 2 and 7

Posted (edited)

I really see a dark future to this sim. There are a lot of base problems to solve on this game that needs to rebuild all the engine or the code and it seems that they just have no resources to do it. For the momment i decide not to support anymore till the problems would be solved. Because it looks that the money is mostly use to make the next unfinished product to make more. So i will not by the tank and the circus, and probably not the next airplane pack as well 

Edited by E69_geramos109
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Diggun said:

bye then! 😁2425432899_af8cd5af6e_b.thumb.jpg.1b466f0b851a693906f1c89098e1a2f7.jpg

I will stay on the forum so dont worry 😉 and on the server i did not see you there so same for you. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Clouds have been the source of problems since day one in this game. It's a limitation of the technology. Still, I also noted a significant deterioration in version 3. I think part of the problem, or one of the problems, is that it seems planes are pasted over clouds when in front of them, but the cut is low resolution, and cuts into the plane. Because of this, planes that are only a few pixels wide disappear completely, or only a few pixels are rendered, instead of a recognizable shape. Before version 3, the cut never ate into the plane itself, instead it was a bit too wide, leading to a white halo around planes in front of planes. Unfortunately, I can't verify my theory because I no longer have access to older versions of the game.

In any case, I really hope the devs look into this. Just as the low res shadows and excessive white horizon haze we once had (both now fixed), or the low-res damage decals, these issues really spoil otherwise excellent visuals.

evening_plane.thumb.jpg.38e3423f5fe03eea39a88865df256adc.jpg

Edited by coconut
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 5

The disappearing effect is certainly there but it is odd that it only sometimes happens.  I notice it rarely: including on one career mission this morning, as it happens. It is disconcerting but we can live with it if it really is no easy fix.  I am not sure if I prefer the occasional disappearing act or the permanent halo effect. 

I do not suppose geramos109 would be flying off into the sunset in a Spitfire though...

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

will stay on the forum so dont worry

Not worried mate, please be assured. Just envious of the amount of free time you clearly have. 

Edited by Diggun

Posted (edited)

It looks for me that on some maps with certain kind of clouds the isue is bigger making planes to desapear completelly as i showed on the video I post. Even when they are close. 

When that happens the flight experience is very damaged because to fly you need to forget about tactics and just go to the deck expecting close compats. Or you will get frustratet to dive in to a place to find a lot of hidden contacts or to spot sudenly a plane just to close on your 6 to scape just because was hidden by this isue. 

The halo effect is bad but at least you can spot the planes. But to disapear completelly is BIG ISUE on a product called sim combat where to success depends highly on the spoting and Combat situacional Awareness. On my opinion to solve this should have a big priority on the dev team instead of being a thing to leave with for the users.

Edited by E69_geramos109

Posted (edited)

Well there is no doubt that that this does happen, and that it is a bug, and I agree that it is a bad one.  I do not often see it even playing a Moscow career where every day is cloudy: but perhaps I do not see it because I do not see them...

Also I suspect that the flickering planes on my rig are much further away than in Genius's videos since I am now playing on 4K resolution, which reduces the tactical impact.  However HD is still by far the most common and planes disappearing at 500m is obviously hard to accept.

So what is to be done?

spitfire gone sunset.jpg

Edited by unreasonable

Posted (edited)

The cloud aliasing effect is currently my biggest fear concerning the upcoming Flying Circus title, total visual immersion killer. I  would personally rather stay with the existing Rof clouds if  possible. :)

Edited by bzc3lk

Guys, relax.  The devs just need to make the stuff and move on.  They can worry about gameplay and all those other intangibles later. 

23 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

I really see a dark future to this sim. There are a lot of base problems to solve on this game that needs to rebuild all the engine or the code and it seems that they just have no resources to do it. For the momment i decide not to support anymore till the problems would be solved. Because it looks that the money is mostly use to make the next unfinished product to make more. So i will not by the tank and the circus, and probably not the next airplane pack as well 

To be blunt, fixing clouds does not sell more product. Making more new products does increase cash flow, which the devs need to keep the business going. However, as cash surpluses arise and time becomes spare, various fixes will happen, but it will take time. The clouds are annoying, yes, but they look better than the ones in CloD (they magically rotate with your point of view) and DCS to an extent. I imagine the perfect solution would be some kind of particle system that adapts to the aircraft, but that is likely very difficult and taxing for current systems. 

In short, patience is the key. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Guys, relax.  The devs just need to make the stuff and move on.  They can worry about gameplay and all those other intangibles later. 

The problem is that devs are with this argument since the beguining. There will be allways something new that is on develop. And on my opinion at some point they should stop a little or slow down to solve a lot of things they are leaving unfinished or buggued. A lot of time had passed since Mosku map for example where you could not fly over the city and from there allways are working on new product to get money and keep working. From there they made improves like dx11, fog etc. But the main visual problems like render distance for contacts or for targets on level bombing , and that kind of bugs are still there or even worse from the beguining. And is amacing how there are problems that are not an isue even on the old 1946, clod etc and here seems that the engine is running on the limit and is hard to improve. 

I think devs should be aware that tecnology on pcs and games goes very fast and soon the game will look quite old fashioned if they dont start to make quite contundent changes on the engine investing tere the money. But for a very limited game on this aspects is quite demanding on grafics. Running a 970 i can not run the game at max setting and if i low some things it becomes even unestable on the gain for pfs. So... I dont know what will happen on some time but i think is time to make a big improve instead of pathing every isue.

If that not happens when they will release bodemplate with more bugs we will have the same history. Relax guys we are working on the next one 

18 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

The cloud aliasing effect is currently my biggest fear concerning the upcoming Flying Circus title, total visual immersion killer. I  would personally rather stay with the existing Rof clouds if  possible. :)

Did they give something to Rof owners? Is not my case but on my squad  Rof people is quite Angry because they were suporting Rof a lot of time and they just find that they will need to buy again the same product just for new improved shadows or something like that. Even the same planes they already bought so... if that is true there are more people Angry with Team way to make the things

Edited by E69_geramos109

Posted (edited)

@geramos

You seem very out of touch with reality.. Little point in even beginning countering any of your points 

You seriously expect to be able to play at max settings on a 2nd (or 4th tier considering ti versions) soon to be 2 generation out of date graphics card. 

So much LOL in your post it is impossible to take any of it seriously 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Edited by Dakpilot
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

@geramos

You seem very out of touch with reality.. Little point in even beginning countering any of your points 

In terms of his detailed complaints I agree, but he does have a point and is not the only person to have made it: although others have been more subtle. I think "Buying eggs and hoping for bacon" was the neatest expression.  I rather share his view that having to buy - over several years - FC modules in the hope that they will fix what was never finished or well implemented in RoF is a bit of a downer. 

@E69_geramos109

However, I have also run a business so I know that unless you have some investor with deep pockets and lots of patience you have to keep the income flowing in the short term or your are finished. If players were willing to switch to a subscription model perhaps there would be more emphasis on fixes and upgrades: but I doubt that many people would welcome that idea. Similarly I know that a dragon rider module would create a vast pot of wealth to cross-subsidize the aeroplane side, but that advice falls on deaf ears, so we are where we are: sell new aeroplanes or die.

So it comes down to a matter of trust: Jason says that he is doing everything he can to fix and improve the existing product while also bringing in the cash flow to pay for the resources to do that. What is more, we have seen a series of significant improvements to the game since the "reset".  So I am happy to accept that where the progress is slow or disappointing there are good reasons for that.  Overall it is a remarkable product: nothing wrong with expressing a view about how to improve the game, the cloud issue is real, but if you think that the game is not developing to your requirements, at some point you have to find something else to do and stop moaning. 

• Upvote 2