GOA_Walter_Nowotny

PANZERKNACKER - Scripted campaign

Thank you so much for this Walter.  I love the Duck (that sounds wrong) and have been playing it almost all of the time online where it can be difficult as fighter cover is rarely available and I spend more time trying to avoid getting shot down than attacking the tanks (which are hard to kill in the first place!).  This will give some much needed experience and sounds like it has a fantastic atmosphere.  

I extracted it first in the root IL2 folder and the campaign folder appeared there.  I didn't appear in game though and so I extracted it instead in the campaign folder and it seems to work fine although in the first mission I just seem to have the default skins.  The briefing mentions selecting a particular skin but I don't see it.  Advice?

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Bemused said:

Thank you so much for this Walter.  I love the Duck (that sounds wrong) and have been playing it almost all of the time online where it can be difficult as fighter cover is rarely available and I spend more time trying to avoid getting shot down than attacking the tanks (which are hard to kill in the first place!).  This will give some much needed experience and sounds like it has a fantastic atmosphere.  

I extracted it first in the root IL2 folder and the campaign folder appeared there.  I didn't appear in game though and so I extracted it instead in the campaign folder and it seems to work fine although in the first mission I just seem to have the default skins.  The briefing mentions selecting a particular skin but I don't see it.  Advice?

Thanks.

Would be cool if people would read the complete topic. It´s only 3 pages 😁

Cheers

4 hours ago, Bemused said:

Thanks.

On the arming page, skins tab, there is an arrow down to change from default to custom, the skins should be in there.  Otherwise you may have to move them manually into the Hs-129 folder.

For some quick tank busting practice you can also d/l the single player mission pack from Jade Monkey.  There is a duck tank busting mission with unlimited ammo.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25593-jade_monkeys-single-player-sp-missions/

Edited by Plurp

Cheers Plurp, was online with you in the HS129 the other night.

4 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Would be cool if people would read the complete topic. It´s only 3 pages 😁

Cheers

Semor,

Thanks you snarky so and so 😛

I'm a busy man with lots to be doing, important, life changing things with,.....oh never mind.  3 pages it is so.