Han

Game version 3.004 discussion: Steam integration update

Not having to log in anymore is incredible. It was just another pain in the ass thing to deal with when using VR. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

I would get an Il2 exe application crash when loading the game after the update (3.004) , so I re-booted my computer and happy days have returned again in the IL2 virtual world. :)

Happy to here the re-boot work for you.  Trooper have you tried it yet?

• Thanks 1

Down loaded 3.004 and all went well.  Non steam user.

Works fine, sets up fine, other sims should have the option of home developer store and full Steam integration.

THanks,

now the long wait for the amazing return of WWI airwar where you can almost throw rocks and use a pistol.

Huge excitement,  I’ll cool down with my Spitfire for now.

Hello, I've linked my account when prompted but the game still requests to do it again every time I launch via Steam. Whan should I do?? Thanks.

Yesterday my standalone launcher updated. Now I start the sim through the standalone launcher and It opens the game but when I complete muy login info and click the green button It starts loading and crashes returning to the launcher without any info or error message. If I try to start through the Offline option It says my versión is not updated. Any ideas?

Edited by Bladigan

Would like to migrate from steam to standalone - What files/folders can be copied from steam so i dont have to setup all the controls and settings again? thanx

2 minutes ago, Petryca said:

Would like to migrate from steam to standalone - What files/folders can be copied from steam so i dont have to setup all the controls and settings again? thanx

In the data folder you can migrate the input folder for Keys and Joystick stuff, options are stored in the startup.cfg.

On 6/18/2018 at 6:50 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Everyone needs to check your attitude at the door. Everyone who owns our content either at Steam or through us still has what they bought. Read the guide please and link the accounts so you can play everything you want. If you’re annoyed blame Valve, not us. We’re only adapting to their system. The end result is pretty damn streamlines for everyone, but still pretty flexible. Just relax and read our guide.

Jason

HI  but we do no, what ,what  and vaule is wrong it a lib ,we dont understand but will have to comply , what can one say in these moden times  ,o in good faith .

• Confused 1

On 6/19/2018 at 3:08 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

Yeah, skipping the login is pretty nice!

Yes that was main reason i didnt use steam before, now i dont miss game lancher, and just use steam as its mutch faster

On 6/18/2018 at 7:36 PM, Sneaksie said:

Looks right. If you bought the game on Steam but want to play the standalone version without Steam, there is a problem. You either go all website (and don't link the account with Steam) or play in Steam client.

Hi what getting me if i dont link to steam ,as im all web site, ive up loaded 3.004 it not asking to link as yet ,may if i reinstall ?  but will my player name be lost online ,or is that only if you mixed web and steam,[  i like my name ive been it for along time ] so would like a very clear answer ,     and to jason and co it a winner the game that is the new spitfire  is sex with wings  the linking im hopeing i dont have to go there, but will have to if i lose  my players name,  ?       im on steam with other games but not this game,   doze this matter, i dont want to go in online  one day  because i havent linked and find a strange name were my old name use to be .  if that been answered  i missed it, but im asking because i think others have, so best deal with it here and now  

your deckerrunner

G'day,

I have previously purchased BoS/BoM from the web store, but would now like to use Steam due to the (usually) much faster downloads.

I don't have any of the BoX series on Steam at this stage and I understand that I need to have purchased something on Steam to link the accounts.

What would be the cheapest way to do this? Wait for release/sale on BoK/BoBP? Can I just purchase a collector plane on it's own?

Cheers,

- Bear 

11 minutes ago, Bear said:

G'day,

I have previously purchased BoS/BoM from the web store, but would now like to use Steam due to the (usually) much faster downloads.

I don't have any of the BoX series on Steam at this stage and I understand that I need to have purchased something on Steam to link the accounts.

What would be the cheapest way to do this? Wait for release/sale on BoK/BoBP? Can I just purchase a collector plane on it's own?

Cheers,

- Bear 

A pretty good sim for it's time - IL2 1946 is onlt $9.99 USD. That'll get you 'in the door'.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/15320/IL2_Sturmovik_1946/

• Confused 1

I have 1946 (and also CLOD) on Steam, didn't realise they might be applicable to link the BoX series.

Cheers,

- Bear

29 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

A pretty good sim for it's time - IL2 1946 is onlt $9.99 USD. That'll get you 'in the door'.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/15320/IL2_Sturmovik_1946/

No It will not.  IL2 1946 has nothing to do with BoX.  

If Bear wants a Steam module to link his store content onto, he needs to buy one of the base games on steam, not just a premium plane. I have BoS purchased through Steam and all the other content from the store linked to that. So either splash out and buy BoS on steam now or wait for a steam sale.

• Upvote 3

Thanks unreasonable, I'll stick with the stand-alone until a Steam sale comes up.

Gordo, be careful mate, if I didn't already have it I might have purchased 1946 based on your post.

Cheers,

- Bear

In Steam, only BoS is considered a game.

BoM is considered a DLC for BoS.

And as you know, you can't even buy BoK or BoBP from Steam.

Also, if you already have BoS from the website, it might be an issue. You might not be able to activate the same game twice on a single website account. Better get an official answer on this, before purchasing BoS again from Steam.

• Upvote 2

All I had in my Steam library was an unused IL2 1946 that I had bought years ago. I was able to link everything I've bought from the IL2 website (BoS, BoM, BoK and BoBP) without buying anything additional from Steam.

I know 1946 is a different animal than BoX so my reasoning was that I only needed a Steam purchase of any kind to suffice. I looked in the store and saw 1946 was less than $10 and suggested it based only on price.

Sorry to have caused confusion but I was only reporting what worked for me yesterday.

Have you tried linking IL2 account in the Steam library without a game already in your library? Please note you need to exit Steam and reboot your computer after making changes in Steam for them to be acted upon.

Interesting.

I'm at work tonight, but I'll try tomorrow and let you know what i find.

How did you bring up the link button/s? Did you do it through the stand-alone?

- Bear

39 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

All I had in my Steam library was an unused IL2 1946 that I had bought years ago. I was able to link everything I've bought from the IL2 website (BoS, BoM, BoK and BoBP) without buying anything additional from Steam.

I know 1946 is a different animal than BoX so my reasoning was that I only needed a Steam purchase of any kind to suffice. I looked in the store and saw 1946 was less than $10 and suggested it based only on price.

Sorry to have caused confusion but I was only reporting what worked for me yesterday.

Have you tried linking IL2 account in the Steam library without a game already in your library? Please note you need to exit Steam and reboot your computer after making changes in Steam for them to be acted upon.

That is odd. How do you even get a link button - this comes up for me when I started BoS in Steam the first time. It did not come up for Cultist Simulator on Steam.  How do you start BoS from Steam, let alone link it, if you have not purchased BoS on Steam?

There is only any need to link at all if you are starting your game through Steam with a steam purchased BoS account and other store bought items.  If your  core BoS account is from the store  linking is irrelevant.    

37 minutes ago, Bear said:

Interesting.

I'm at work tonight, but I'll try tomorrow and let you know what i find.

How did you bring up the link button/s? Did you do it through the stand-alone?

- Bear

In the bottom left of the Steam page click on "+ Add a Game" and select the top option "Add a non-Steam game". That will give you a list of programs you have installed on your computer. Check Battle of Stalingrad and it appears in the left column immediately ready for you to install then play. Everything you have purchased (whether from IL2 or Steam) will be accessible either via Steam or your IL2 stand-alone.

19 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

In the bottom left of the Steam page click on "+ Add a Game" and select the top option "Add a non-Steam game". That will give you a list of programs you have installed on your computer. Check Battle of Stalingrad and it appears in the left column immediately ready for you to install then play. Everything you have purchased (whether from IL2 or Steam) will be accessible either via Steam or your IL2 stand-alone.

That is simply enabling an installed program on your PC to be accessed via a shortcut in the Steam Library. You can access anything ( I think just about anything with and .exe) and run from the library menu, including spreadsheet programs, browsers etc.  This is not linking as described by the DD.  

Linking is where you have purchased the base game - BoS - in steam, and you have purchased other items in the store, and activated them in the store. Previously you could see them all in the game when you started from steam: after the change you cannot, unless you carry out the link procedure. 

• Upvote 1

That's not linking accounts.

Adding a non-Steam game in Steam is more like adding a shortcut on your desktop.

@ Gordon200

I'm afraid you're mixing up two things right there.

The 'add a game' option on Steam has always been there. The name is a little confusing, since it doesn't actually add games (or other software) to your Steam account.

All it does is creating a short cut of the software you added to your local Steam library. If you run Steam on another machine or run Steam on the same computer after a fresh reinstall, said short cut won't show up there anymore.

So even if you run the IL-2 launcher from the official website through Steam via the 'add a game' option, it has absolutely nothing to do with linking both accounts.

Edited by Fritz_X

Excuse me if this is clear for everyone but me but, what's the point of all this process? I mean, bodenplatte is not going to be offered in steam? I puchased it in here (the only possible option) and of course i don't want to have two il2 working separately, one with steam and one with web launcher. As I mentioned in another post recently my big concern is not being able to "mix" this two platforms like happens with DCS.

9 minutes ago, ace_2012 said:

Excuse me if this is clear for everyone but me but, what's the point of all this process? I mean, bodenplatte is not going to be offered in steam?

Dunno what will come in the future but the change allows single login where before a Steam user has go through two.

This is not a problem for me, especially if i'm in risk of losing content i bought.  Steam offers BOM as a DLC,  so i bought it after buying BOS. Now, i prepurchased BOBP. If I don't link accounts, i guess i'll have two versions of the same game. If i want to fly a ME 262 over Stalingrad, i won't be able to. In my opinion this is not what i was told when i prepurchased BOBP.  I just want to migrate to web launcher, buying things direclty here and having nothing to do with steam. What if any kind of disagreement occurs betwenen this fantastic company and Steam? Or no more future projects from il2 are offered on Steam? Rebuying everithing here in order to play new addons? Maybe is unlikely to happen (i hope) but i like to have clear informations before buying a game, or buying whatever. So, please, id like some help to: Migrate from my steam version to web version. Why? Because i'd like to fly Bodenplatte in this web version, not through Steam. And of course my intention is to keep on buying new content, new addos. Supporting this great developers. I think is a quite sensible demand, after all i am, like most of you, a customer.

4 minutes ago, ace_2012 said:

I just want to migrate to web launcher, buying things direclty here and having nothing to do with steam. What if any kind of disagreement occurs betwenen this fantastic company and Steam? Or no more future projects from il2 are offered on Steam?

There are (almost certainly) legal agreements which bound the stuff bought through Steam to Steam and Steam only.

What happens when things are going bad? Well... nothing pleasurable that's for sure.

55 minutes ago, ace_2012 said:

This is not a problem for me, especially if i'm in risk of losing content i bought.  Steam offers BOM as a DLC,  so i bought it after buying BOS. Now, i prepurchased BOBP. If I don't link accounts, i guess i'll have two versions of the same game. If i want to fly a ME 262 over Stalingrad, i won't be able to. In my opinion this is not what i was told when i prepurchased BOBP.  I just want to migrate to web launcher, buying things direclty here and having nothing to do with steam. What if any kind of disagreement occurs betwenen this fantastic company and Steam? Or no more future projects from il2 are offered on Steam? Rebuying everithing here in order to play new addons? Maybe is unlikely to happen (i hope) but i like to have clear informations before buying a game, or buying whatever. So, please, id like some help to: Migrate from my steam version to web version. Why? Because i'd like to fly Bodenplatte in this web version, not through Steam. And of course my intention is to keep on buying new content, new addos. Supporting this great developers. I think is a quite sensible demand, after all i am, like most of you, a customer.

Basically, valve changed their process so that if the devs wanted to continue putting new content out through Steam, they had to do things this way.

If they hadn't, BoK and BoBp would not have been able to be released on Steam. 

No one's going to lose any content and the new patch makes logging in a 1-click experience. Once you link the two accounts all your Il-2 content can be flown through Steam, even the stuff bought from the web store. You just have to launch through Steam rather than the native web launcher. You won't lose any content you've purchased.

Unfortunately the only way they could swing this was to make anyone with steam content launch through steam, and those without through the web launcher. I didn't realize so many steam owners were potentially passionate about using the store launcher, but I can't see that it makes any difference whatsoever after launching the game, and during updates you might even get faster DL speeds.

So, once again:
-If you have anything from Steam, use Steam. Link your accounts to use all your products if you also have stuff from the web store. Its a one time thing. Once you link, all your content is available on Steam. You lose nothing. From now on launch through Steam.
-If you have nothing from Steam, do nothing. Continue using the launcher
-if you have things from Steam, and things from the store, and you want to launch ONLY from the web launcher...you are unfortunately out of luck. Because of how Steam works, you can't migrate from Steam to the Web store, and stop using steam, without losing what you purchased through Steam. So if you absolutely, for some reason cannot use Steam anymore, you have to repurchase your content on the Il2sturmovik store. 

Honestly, you have BoS and BoM through Steam, and BoBp through the web store. Just link your accounts and launch through Steam. the process looks to be painless and you can always purcahse future content from the web store as it will be permanently linked to your Steam account. You will barely notice it once the link occurs, you won't have to repurchase your content, its great.

But the only way to migrate from Steam to another platform is to buy on that platform - Steam does not let you take games off steam and use them without it. That's Steam's whole model - it's DLC cleverly wrapped up in a game store, its just so massively convenient that most people don't care. This is true for ANY game on Steam. We're lucky the game is designed the way it is, or we would never have been able to mix Steam and direct content in the first place.

I initially bought BoS on Steam but once realised they had done a decent job of the sim I then purchased the rest direct.  I still use steam as the launcher and updating on steam has gone smoothly every time.

I will though continue to purchase additional content via the Devs Site as I want them to get the money.

This latest update went smoothly and just removes 1 step from logging in and playing the BoX series on Steam.  Quite painless as far as I have experienced. 

Now, remind me to be wary when engaging 190's over Kuban in my Yak as they sure do seem to be very capable shredders if you let em get on your six. )

Hi and ty,

RedKestrel

[ If you have nothing from Steam, do nothing. Continue using the launcher] then that what ill do, and no chane to name, as that a steam and linking problem.  there so much talk on this but that cos we like are plane game.

i hope it all goses right for every one bloody interchanges

Edited by deckerrunner
needed to be said

2 hours ago, blitze said:

I initially bought BoS on Steam but once realised they had done a decent job of the sim I then purchased the rest direct.  I still use steam as the launcher and updating on steam has gone smoothly every time

Steam updater is not as sweet as those sweet sweet BOS gold bars, but it is close.

3 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

-if you have things from Steam, and things from the store, and you want to launch ONLY from the web launcher...you are unfortunately out of luck. Because of how Steam works, you can't migrate from Steam to the Web store, and stop using steam, without losing what you purchased through Steam. So if you absolutely, for some reason cannot use Steam anymore, you have to repurchase your content on the Il2sturmovik store.

They said this, but it does not apply in reality. Or at least not yet. I can't tell if it will change.

I have BoS standard edition from Steam (and everything else from the website) and I have access at BoS content with the stand-alone launcher. I did not link the accounts.

Hi,

I understand the point, and of.course i can see that maybe this link will improve our experience as users, as someone stated above we all love planes and are 'in love' with this fantastic sim and the work of devs, ours and ours behind such a great piece of art.

But i'm a bit amazed that noone is concerned (or had stated) about the DCS situation with steam and non steam users. Maybe it's not nice to mention another company in this forum, but my big concern is to buy things here, as I plan to do, and not.being able to fly on steam due to any kind of disagreement between steam and this company. Thats all my concern. 

1 hour ago, ace_2012 said:

Hi,

I understand the point, and of.course i can see that maybe this link will improve our experience as users, as someone stated above we all love planes and are 'in love' with this fantastic sim and the work of devs, ours and ours behind such a great piece of art.

But i'm a bit amazed that noone is concerned (or had stated) about the DCS situation with steam and non steam users. Maybe it's not nice to mention another company in this forum, but my big concern is to buy things here, as I plan to do, and not.being able to fly on steam due to any kind of disagreement between steam and this company. Thats all my concern. 

Those kinds of problems that DCS is having is literally the entire reason this was done - to keep those same problems, and things like them, from happening here. This was the only way to ensure that 1CGS could continue to work with Steam and enable users to access all their content on multiple distribution platforms.

People WERE concerned about disagreements with Valve screwing things up. Jason and 1CGS were some of those concerned people. That's why they did this patch! To comply with Valve's rules!

This patch and this process exists to try and solve the problem you're worried that no one is concerned about.

But ultimately if you're worried about Steam and 1CGS disagreeing in the futrue (and lets be real, any disagreement would be one-sided because Valve has the entire video game distribution industry over a barrel right now) then you should not buy anything from Steam, and if you have already, try and source it elsewhere for cheap. But if you sell through Steam, or buy through Steam, you play by Valve's rules and they can change them anytime they like, and there's nothing you, I, or Jason can do about that.

Right now BoM and BoS are both massively, hilariously discounted at the Il2sturmovik.com store. So are a bunch of the premium planes. You could buy BoS standard and BoM standard for like $35 and never have to worry about Steam ever again. You could buy both premium editions for the cost of a single standard edition of Battle of Stalingrad not on sale. Peace of mind was never so cheap as it is right now. Its the only way to guarantee no steam shenanigans later on,.

So I just bought BoS on the Steam sale and I'm trying to link it to my account here. However, each time I try I get error #2: Connection to master server was temporary lost.

Occasionally I'll also get error #1: No connection with authorization server. This one happens seemingly at random, but mostly during the first attempt.

Are the servers just down, or is this a problem at my end? I never had any problems connecting to the RoF servers or any other multiplayer game, and the game is allowed through the firewall, so I don't think it's a router or firewall problem. Any advice or should I just start mailing support?

Edited by Nemo84

Purchased BoS in the Steam sale this morning, linked the accounts and things working fine, showing BoS and BoM in my Steam-launched menu screen.

Thanks for the efforts to link them together, this has made updating much quicker for me.

Cheers,

- Bear

I use the client version of BoS, but I have a useless Steam code for BoM, I was hoping this would make it possible to use. All I need is the darn code from the DLC to tell the IL2 website that I own it!!!!

Edited by howitzer155mm