Jump to content
Han

Game version 3.004 discussion: Steam integration update

Recommended Posts

It´s a sensible way to harmonize the steam and shop versions this way. You as a company have the chance to get far more marketing/sales reach and thus enhance your chances to prosper and deliver us all those great games you plan in the future. May many new customers see the light and may the community grow steadily in the future. The more the merrier. Way to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I had a Steam acct was for the ability to use VR in IL2 BoX. I had an old install of IL2 1946 on Steam that I never used.

Today I opened Steam and using the settings (not VR settings) linked IL2 games to my account. The Battle of Stalingrad line appeared in the available games column as it should. When I clicked on it the download hesitated for a few mins then began and completed 10 - 15 mins later. I clicked Play > Enter Online and everything I had purchased from the website was in place. All my planes, campaigns and missions - everything just as it should be. A flawless process that now gives me more options and backup of purchases, settings etc.

 

Don't make the process more difficult than it needs to be. Relax and take a breather.

Thanks to everyone involved for making this an exciting and thoroughly enjoyable experience. I can't imagine what it'll be like five years from now given the progress made during the past six months.

Bravo!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Daytrader said:

Hi Jason, i thought that by linking accounts, we can buy from both steam and your web store and there show in steam, why would Battle of Bodenplatte then not show in steam if i bought from your webstore, i thought it was the 4th part of IL2 Stalingrad is it not ? or am i getting it wrong.

 

Jason meant BoBP will be available in your Steam version when you launch the game, but BoBP Steam DLC won't be listed as bought in your Steam library when it releases there. Thats the difference.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not able to update the game... I am a non steam user... I have been trying to update for hours... I have asked for help several times.

I keep getting 'failed to update' from the launcher.

I have deleted the update file, still no joy.

I have tried disabling the firewall, still no joy.

Help...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sneaksie said:

 

Jason meant BoBP will be available in your Steam version when you launch the game, but BoBP Steam DLC won't be listed as bought in your Steam library when it releases there. Thats the difference.

Ah i see, thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not linked the accounts.

 

Until now I started the game from Steam.

 

I just installed the standalone client and apparently I have access even to Steam purchases from it.

 

So, what gives? Is the transition not completed yet? Did we got wrong answers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S!

 

 So basically if I have bought Premium versions of all BoX titles so far, campaigns and planes as well, from the website I do not need to link with Steam and just play on as normal? Just to make sure :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Still not able to update the game... I am a non steam user... I have been trying to update for hours... I have asked for help several times.

I keep getting 'failed to update' from the launcher.

I have deleted the update file, still no joy.

I have tried disabling the firewall, still no joy.

Help...

I had the same problem from the last update, before this one (non steam user also).  What fixed it for me was I shut down my computer and restarted it after the update showed it failed, of course I don't know if you tried a reboot or not but just putting out there.  BTW don't give up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S!

 

 So basically if I have bought Premium versions of all BoX titles so far, campaigns and planes as well, from the website I do not need to link with Steam and just play on as normal? Just to make sure :P

Correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this update, now all works great when starting on steam, just click on steam game icon on desktop and in 15-20 sec im in game with no need to do anything more, and all is in game as before, good job 👍 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been trying to link my accounts for the last hour, but keep getting error #2, about no connection to the master server. I've rebooted my router, but I can't seem to make this work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need i now Steam keys or not ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Thanks for this update, now all works great when starting on steam, just click on steam game icon on desktop and in 15-20 sec im in game with no need to do anything more, and all is in game as before, good job 👍 

Yeah, skipping the login is pretty nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to make anyone stop and think about anything but -

 

I have a curious hypothetical regarding steam linking.    

 

All of my content is purchased through the il2sturmovik website, BOS+BOM+BOK and I will likely pre-order BoBP in the long run.   

 

However - I have been tempted to snag BoS off of steam during a sale - mostly because in my part of the world I get extremely fast downloads through steam servers.  Just a method of future proofing any reason I might have to reinstall the client, I.E.  I wipe my drives and reinstall windows once or twice a year, or I plan to get some NVME drives in the future.  As well as utilizing those speeds for future updates.   I literally download over 1Gbps from Steam

 

Is there any kind of time limit associated with account linking? And would I be causing myself any problems if in the future I did decide the cost of a game i already have a license for is worth having access to steams download servers?

 

My best guess is - If I purchase BoS on steam although I already have a license through the IL2 store is that all I should have to do is link accounts and I'd have all of my content as well as the ability to purchase through either steam or the il-2 store for future content, all while getting those lovely download speeds. 

 

I guess I'm asking to be corrected if the above statement is wrong. 

 

Edited by =IL2AU=ToknMurican

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, [CPT]Pike*HarryM said:

I originally bought BOS and the FW-190A3 and La-5 on steam. Everything else I have bought on the Il-2 store, not steam. Everything has always showed up inside my game when launched from Steam with the old way to activate the keys. I just did the link account thing and everything is still there, just did a quick mission in the 109G-14, so BoBP is there also, not an issue. It may not show up in the steam interface as a DLC or whatever, but the content is all there in-game.  

same here i have everything nothing has changed im just confused on whats going on lol i linked it but most of my purchases have been direct because i want IL-2 to have all my cash not steam so im kinda confused on whats going on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good night/Morning!

 

I have been having an issue saying that "Connection to the Master Server was Lost", I always use the steam launcher but I have stuff bought on sales from the website store, am I doing something wrong? thanks!

 

P.S: I have checked my internet connection, Wifi and everything works fine, please help! thanks!

 

Untitled.thumb.png.bd21ba1750f97e284e218415dbd1096b.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

been at this now for 7 hours trying to update... I give up!

Trooper, have you tried a fresh reinstall? I know this can be a major pain in the posterior but when any update is released I tend to do a fresh reinstall.

Edit:

If you haven't give it a try but don't forget to save your inputs, skins etc.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Still not able to update the game... I am a non steam user... I have been trying to update for hours... I have asked for help several times.

I keep getting 'failed to update' from the launcher.

I have deleted the update file, still no joy.

I have tried disabling the firewall, still no joy.

Help...

 

Try turn off Antivirus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Works fine for me. One double click on the desktop icon takes me straight into the game now. Many thanks to the team for this fix. :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that Steam wants even greater commitment from game devs and customers alike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have a steam a/c, but not bought any of the IL-2 Products that way. So I'll continue to give you my money, you can keep what you deserve for your  hard work, and Steam can run alongside for other games. I also get ALL of your excellent content when offered

Thanks for the invite, no thank you Steam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Taxman said:

I had the same problem from the last update, before this one (non steam user also).  What fixed it for me was I shut down my computer and restarted it after the update showed it failed, of course I don't know if you tried a reboot or not but just putting out there.  BTW don't give up. 

 

 I would get an Il2 exe application crash when loading the game after the update (3.004) , so I re-booted my computer and happy days have returned again in the IL2 virtual world. :)

Edited by bzc3lk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're having issues with connecting/binding in game I suggest you to try what worked for me.

Deleting the Startup.cfg file from the data folder and then launching the game that fixed it for me I then could bind and launch the game and everything worked fine.

That's a good alternative to downloading the whole thing over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Seb71 said:

I did not linked the accounts.

 

Until now I started the game from Steam.

 

I just installed the standalone client and apparently I have access even to Steam purchases from it.

 

So, what gives? Is the transition not completed yet? Did we got wrong answers?

 

Seb I'm just guessing here, but up until the update all purchases made on steam also had to be registered on our IL2 accounts. So it makes sense that if we do not link our steam accounts. ( I already have ) the stand alone client already knows about those licenses and so you can continue to play with the stand alone client as normal as it should still be logging into your IL2 game account ?



 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

been at this now for 7 hours trying to update... I give up!

Trooper, try emailing Sneaksie, I have found him helpful in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only ever bought from the web store and use the standalone launcher, if i link to my steam account, will i loose use of the launcher ? thx

 

EDIT:

Just noticed, you cant even link the standalone launcher to steam, thought you could, to be able to do it, it seems you have had to buy at least one item from the steam store, did not realise this.

Edited by Daytrader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Daytrader said:

I have only ever bought from the web store and use the standalone launcher, if i link to my steam account, will i loose use of the launcher ? thx

 

Yes I think so because of the description of how the API with steam works. It said something about by linking the account your Il2 account turns into a number generated by steam, which is used thereafter, for authentication between steam and the game.
 

If all of your stuff is bought through the game store, and you use the stand alone client, why would you want to link it to steam ?

Edited by =FEW=Herne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, =FEW=Herne said:

 

Yes I think so because of the description of how the API with steam works. It said something about by linking the account your Il2 account turns into a number generated by steam, which is used thereafter, for authentication between steam and the game.
 

If all of your stuff is bought through the game store, and you use the stand alone client, why would you want to link it steam ?

Yeh edited my post, you cant link anyway if you have never bought from steam before, cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked. Everything works perfect. Good job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work ont he G-14 cockpit.

Recognized the new temperature gauge and other small changes (repositioning switches)

 

Thanks for this update.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yankee_One said:

Nice work ont he G-14 cockpit.

Recognized the new temperature gauge and other small changes (repositioning switches)

 

Thanks for this update.

 

G14 is like 109E on some massive steroids.. :)  It's becoming my favorite..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Works like a charm. Thanks for sorting things out Jason & Co.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cpt_Cool said:

Works like a charm. Thanks for sorting things out Jason & Co.

Agreed, 60 seconds and it was done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought BOS premium on steam (before I knew any better) and have since bought everything from the website.

 

Steam integration worked flawlessly and exactly as described. Well done, devs 👍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated to the new version on steam, I did not link my account and now all my career saves are missing. Do I have to link accounts to keep my save data?

Edited by Summez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 19//Rekt said:

 

If you always bought from the IL2 website, then you do not need to do anything.

 

This should be stickied at the top.....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...