Han

Game version 3.004 discussion: Steam integration update

35 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

Update 3.004

Hello everybody,

Today's update is focused on Steam support, it brings required functionality to support Steam requirements for the distribution of a new content. In addition to purely technical stuff 'under the hood', this will make running the game through Steam more streamlined, without entering login and password.

News on 3.004 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Awesome thanks! 

What sort of minor 3d corrections?

11 minutes ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Would be nice to know the 3d corrections. 

Something with the windshield and an oil gauge. Small stuff.

Jason

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jason_Williams said:

Something with the windshield and an oil gauge. Small stuff.

Does it mean this bug has been allready corrected? Fantastic news.

cheers

Edited by bies
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bies said:

Does it mean this bug has been allready corrected? Fantastic news.

cheers

Yes.

• Upvote 1

Steam account linked: clear and obvious to use and all content present and correct.  Congratulations on handling this so well.  I admit I was nervous that a mistaken one time click might potentially consign me to being HTC5^nFE5 forever. ;) 

Playing offline is still possible with Steam client in offline mode (after one successful online launch).

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

4. Skip dialog for mission or campaign creators should be fixed now (but existing missions need to be edited to point to the new location of this tool: swf\extensions\skip)

Thank you. 😊

It doesnt work I get the button clic it but the servers seem offline and nothing happens.

Thank y'all for your hard work! 👍👃👁️

31 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

It doesnt work I get the button clic it but the servers seem offline and nothing happens.

What button did you click? 'Link accounts and login' in the game? Please make sure you're entering your IL-2 login and password correctly on that screen.

using standalone only, gets hung on waiting for initialization, frustrating.  Same thing happened on last update and had to a complete reinstall and rebind, whats going on?

Edited by Amerikanski

1 hour ago, Operation_Ivy said:

Keeps asking me to link accounts whenever i want to log in.

Make sure your startup.cfg is not set to read-only.

• Thanks 1

i have a problem with "DSERVER"

..."login success", after ,mission "loaded successfully" ...and :
!!!ERROR INET treath: MIS_REQUEST_FAILED: MIST SERVERREGISTRYPROXY....

all is OK with "internal" serveur of the game ......yesterday evening DSERVER work !

problem with 3.004 or  internet..... i dont know 

Question about Steam economicals :

If I link my IL2 account to my steam account (I own BoS premium on Steam), and I buy something from the IL2 website store (Gambit's future A20 campaign for example), will steam take a chunk of this money for migrating things on my steam account or does all the money go to 1CGS because I bought directly from your site ?

6 minutes ago, F/JG300_Gruber said:

Question about Steam economicals :

If I link my IL2 account to my steam account (I own BoS premium on Steam), and I buy something from the IL2 website store (Gambit's future A20 campaign for example), will steam take a chunk of this money for migrating things on my steam account or does all the money go to 1CGS because I bought directly from your site ?

All moneyto us if bought on website.

Jason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I'll try again in a bit, I was getting an error message saying the servers are offline after clicking the bind account button.

I just wonder if that update will prohibit us steam users to purchase future expansions and premium planes from the website directly and if so will the future content be acessible on steam at the same time including pre orders?

Id rather buy from your website but if I don't have a choice then i'll go with steam.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

If I am the B type... can I buy any other items from the il2 shop, like the Bondenplatte preorder, or do I have to wait untill it comes out on steam now?

I bought BoS from Steam and everything else from this website.

It's clear that by linking accounts I will have access to everything I bought from Steam and from the website when launching the game from Steam.

But if I link the accounts, will I still have the option to use the stand-alone (website) launcher? If yes, will everything I purchased from both stores be also available with it (including Steam purchased items)?

Here's what I get when clicking the green button, I have the base game on steam and all the rest was from the website, so I'm forced to bind in order to play everything I bought.

Please help.

709E2D59E81C09D814113DE0854BE2DA103A90F9

18 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I'll try again in a bit, I was getting an error message saying the servers are offline after clicking the bind account button.

I just wonder if that update will prohibit us steam users to purchase future expansions and premium planes from the website directly and if so will the future content be acessible on steam at the same time including pre orders?

Id rather buy from your website but if I don't have a choice then i'll go with steam.

That's why we're suggesting you link accounts - to have the content bought at either store in your Steam version.

15 minutes ago, Solty said:

If I am the B type... can I buy any other items from the il2 shop, like the Bondenplatte preorder, or do I have to wait untill it comes out on steam now?

You can buy at either store and access all content in the Steam version if you link the accounts.

15 minutes ago, Seb71 said:

But if I link the accounts, will I still have the option to use the stand-alone (website) launcher? If yes, will everything I purchased from both stores be also available with it (including Steam purchased items)?

No, for those who bought the base game, BoS, on Steam, logging in with standalone version (non Steam) won't be possible even if you don't link. From now on, Steam purchased game will run only via Steam client. If you need to run offline, run online through Steam at least once. Then if you're without Internet access, run Steam client in offline mode and click Play in it to run the game.

• Thanks 1

I'm a steam user and I want to know if my account is linked with the web site, so I clicked on the green

button at the running of IL-2 and I connected Steam and IL-2 in the section profile> Connect Steam.

Was it the right way to link my both accounts ?

Thank you in advance !

29 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

No, logging in with standalone version (non Steam) won't be possible even if you don't link. From now on, Steam purchased game will run only via Steam client. If you need to run offline, run online through Steam at least once. Then if you're without Internet access, run Steam client in offline mode and click Play in it to run the game.

I purchased BoM, BoK and BoBP from the website (not from Steam). These are all games (so not just extra aircrafts). Are you saying that I can't run any of these without Steam (using the stand-alone non-Steam client)? Or only the Steam-purchased items won't work this way?

I am not talking about offline mode.

Edited by Seb71

It's highly recommended to link your accounts especially if you have bought content both on Steam and our webstore, but if choose not to do it now, you can click 'Steam login only' (in this case, you'll see only the content you have bought on Steam in the game).

Please make sure to link accounts if you've previously made purchases in both stores[...] because otherwise you will only be able to play content you have purchased from steam.

Well, this is outrageous. I switched to steam BoS client back in 2014 to add my activity to  steam stats, alongside the founder licence I already had. Now I own a mix of store and steam (gifted keys) and use them on steam client. I have no intention of ever linking the accounts or using steam more than I have to to boost games popularity. Have I just lost ability to log into my steam client? Are you forcing me to switch to store version?

...Will I lose ability to visit a friend and fly with my account on his steam client?

It's a fine thing you did, but it should be optional. Please restore ability to use steam client for mixed-licence users such as myself ASAP.

Edited by LsV_Trupobaw
  • Confused 1

Well, let's see.

If you have bought games, not just additional planes, on the website, you can run using the standalone website version, but it may be missing BoS content.

If you run the game on Steam without linking, you'll have BoS there, but miss all other your stuff.

So it's better to link obviously, but linked account needs to be logged in through Steam. These are the options, sorry, but this is a limitation of the combined system.

Why would you prefer the non-Steam version though? If you don't like Steam, why you have bought BoS there?

14 minutes ago, LsV_Trupobaw said:

Well, this is outrageous. I switched to steam BoS client back in 2014 to add my activity to  steam stats, alongside the founder licence I already had. Now I own a mix of store and steam (gifted keys) and use them on steam client. I have no intention of ever linking the accounts or using steam more than I have to to boost games popularity. Have I just lost ability to log into my steam client? Are you forcing me to switch to store version?

...Will I lose ability to visit a friend and fly with my account on his steam client?

It's a fine thing you did, but it should be optional. Please restore ability to use steam client for mixed-licence users such as myself ASAP.

Sorry, why do you think we're forcing you to run the store version?

If you link, you'll have all your content when you run the game in Steam client.

If you want to play at friend's place, you can login into Steam client using your credentials instead of his and the game will work just like at your home.

4 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

If you have bought games, not just additional planes, on the website, you can run using the standalone website version, but it may be missing BoS content.

It may be missing BoS content? Are you not sure?

5 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

If you run the game on Steam without linking, you'll have BoS there, but miss all other your stuff.

This is very clear.

5 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

So it's better to link obviously, but linked account needs to be logged in through Steam. These are the options, sorry, but this is a limitation of the combined system.

So if I link the accounts, I lose the ability to use the stand-alone launcher, even for games (such as BoK) purchased from the website (not from Steam)?

If that's the case, there should be a big warning about this, before you link the accounts.

7 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

Why would you prefer the non-Steam version though?

To keep the options open. You never know what might happen. Maybe Steam gets blocked in my country at one point. So I would like to always be able to use at least the il2sturmovik website purchased items without Steam.

10 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

If you don't like Steam, why you have bought BoS there?

When I bought, this was a non-issue. It did not matter where you bought (for the customers; I know it mattered for the developers). You could always use either the Steam launcher or the stand-alone (non-Steam) launcher. All items worked with both, no matter the purchase origin.

Everyone needs to check your attitude at the door. Everyone who owns our content either at Steam or through us still has what they bought. Read the guide please and link the accounts so you can play everything you want. If you’re annoyed blame Valve, not us. We’re only adapting to their system. The end result is pretty damn streamlines for everyone, but still pretty flexible. Just relax and read our guide.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

You had been running the two versions concurrently as interchangable for more than three years. That's time for many user cases to build up. Being locked out of content I own is no small thing.

24 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

Why would you prefer the non-Steam version though? If you don't like Steam, why you have bought BoS there?

If you link, you'll have all your content when you run the game in Steam client.

If you want to play at friend's place, you can login into Steam client using your credentials instead of his and the game will work just at your home.

I was gifted it. I started using it to boost BoS steam stats during forum hate wars at time of games launch, and grew used to it. I keep running it because download performance of updates was superior (store downloader is/was unraliable mess). 

Because I have no intention of linking accounts or ever having to buy any BoX content personally from steam. My steam content are all gifts, accepted in good faith and added to store licences. My own money always goes to developer team, and I am proud of it. But I think steam client is superior and want to be able to be able to using it.

Also: My RoF squadronmate Jakob has (also gifted) standard BoS licence on steam. He never wanted steam client, so he never even downloaded it. He took the product key from his steam licence, downloaded store client and bought all future planes and maps from store. Will he be forced to switch to steam client now?

Is there option for him to convert steam keys to store keys, give up steam ownership and opt out of all this ? Or will he have to rebuy everything because one of his licences happens to be steam?

Edited by LsV_Trupobaw

Trup,

This isn’t nonsense, Check your attitude immediately. Whatever you did and why is no consequence to Valve. We cannot design a system within their current system and give everyone with every combination of motives and purchasing activity what they want. We didn’t create this issue. Valve did.

Jason

• Upvote 3