BRADYS555

Po-2 ... ?

1 minute ago, =FEW=Herne said:

I think this is going to be a great bird to fly in VR. I'm going to crop dust some of those lovely fields in Kuban ;)

Just don't use any of that cancer causing stuff, okay? Be environment friendly.

• Haha 1

I just have to add my MASSIVE thanks to the team for this news! And the female pilots I wonder??

3 minutes ago, Elem said:

I just have to add my MASSIVE thanks to the team for this news! And the female pilots I wonder??

Keeping my fingers crossed that we do :)

cCbvg1F.jpg

Female Pilots should give us a Weight Benefit but Control Strength Penalty. Smaller Stature more difficult to hit, and Women tend to take to Bullets as well if not better than Men, so equal Survivability. And G-Forces aren't that much of an Issue. 

As a Rear Gunner a Lightly Built Women also won't be able to Manipulate the Gun as Efficiently both in Speed of Movement and Recoil Absorption. But under G-Load they would be more Accurate. 

And as a Gimmick the Mission Map would Rotate every 10 Seconds, just to make Navigation realisitcally difficult. 

women-navigator-navigation-female_driver-female_navigator-map_reading-swr0053_low.jpg

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

It's coming and looks awesome! You'll see it soon. Not to worry.

Jason

Truly, is it not written, 'ask and ye shall receive'.

9 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

It's coming and looks awesome! You'll see it soon. Not to worry.

Jason

Great news. Thx Jason. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Sweet. I will be pottering around the skies making lovely VFR flight completely obvious to the swarm of 109s angrily buzzing around me.

I do wait for this plane , both the plane and the scenarios coming along with  it , online and offline , and yeah especially  online night mission !

4 hours ago, 1./TG1_Nil said:

The choice between the Fi156 and the FW189 is tough, both planes are very useful and unique.

Why not both? ;)

I hope it'll have an option for a fixed forward firing gun and rockets (both real field mods with easy to find documentary evidence/photographs) but I have doubts :) Should still be marvellous!

Let's have some fun ^^

16 hours ago, Poochnboo said:

Iconic reliable plane with a nice motor sound. Lovely cute plane: Cute plane. Not enough reason for me to spend my money on it.

>Then buy it for your wife ^^

Perfect for sightseeing,: I can sightsee in my Spitfires, just fine

>Your Spit is too fast, not enough time to see all the love the dev team put on the landscape, small details buidings, dogs barking, etc

Perfect for low and slow: I've got ROF for that

>I like the faster Ju52 and the slow U2 in the same simulator so I can switch in the same simulator.

Perfect to add challenge vs fighters: You've got to be kidding!

>The challenge of surviving, to escape. Cat and Mouse game. I love it with the Ju52 !

Perfect for landing anywhere anytime: And, you want to do that because...........

>Rescue a fellow pilot

Perfect for doing missions under the hood: Under the hood? Again, you want to do that because..............

>>Not to get caught by my wife.

Perfect for artillery spotting gameplay: We can spot for the artillery in BOS?

> Maybe it will be an additional gameplay.

Perfect for a night solo campaign: Fly around in the dark. You want to do that because....................................

>Night night witches 

Perfect for learning how to fly a plane to beginners before going with fighters or bombers: I assume they know how to fly a sim airplane if they're buying BOS...but okay

>Not only people who buy the sim play it: buyers have also friends , family , they have occasions to play the sim without having to buy it. I taught flying to my nephews, to my cousin myself on IL2 1946, they never did sim before.

Perfect for changing pace if we have enough to do fighters or bombers: Why would you be flying this sim if you're tired of fighters and bombers. Xplane 11 is great, I hear.

>Because I love this Sim so much, Others sims like Xplane seems have no taste, and boring compared to thrill of MP IL2 great battles.

Perfect for doing light transport missions.: Really? How much cargo can a PO-2 carry?

>My big Fat Wife for a ride. Trust me it is a lot! 

Perfect for teaching your kids to fly!: In a taildragging biplane. Want something easy? The FW190.

>Taildragging plane is perfect for teaching a real life pilot how to fly. Being myself one of them, I feel lucky I learnt in a taildragger plane (Jodel d112) rather than an easy cessna 152 or 172

Perfect in your garden, for your wife, your grandmother, your grandfather,  the whole family!😉

:My wife can't wait for the release.

>> I was sure of that! Maybe she wants to do cropdusting!

5 hours ago, 1./TG1_Nil said:

Taildragging plane is perfect for teaching a real life pilot how to fly. Being myself one of them, I feel lucky I learnt in a taildragger plane (Jodel d112) rather than an easy cessna 152 or 172

I'm a taildragger myself. First flying lessons were in a small field in New York called Zahns airport. Not there anymore. It was a Piper J3. Took airbatic training in a Citabria. And most recently, I owned a homebuilt Sonex. 

• Like 1

I think the success of the Po-2 will depend to a large part on the equippment that will be available for the plane, which will decide for what kind of missions it can be used. For example I really would like to see SAB illumination bombs, that saw wide spread use during night operations, or parachute containers for supply missions. With the right equippment the Po-2 could be one of the most versatile planes in the game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Juri_JS said:

I think the success of the Po-2 will depend to a large part on the equippment that will be available for the plane, which will decide for what kind of missions it can be used. For example I really would like to see SAB illumination bombs, that saw wide spread use during night operations, or parachute containers for supply missions. With the right equippment the Po-2 could be one of the most versatile planes in the game.

Equipment, yes... but also points.

Flying supply missions will only be a novelty if pilots don't feel they are getting credit for it somehow. It will happen once or twice but without a leader board or a way to recognise a pilots contribution to the campaign or war effort, they will drift off to other aeroplane types or even other games. ( Same applies to the Ju-52 and Li-2 : Ref...  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/36403-li-2c-47/?tab=comments#comment-613222  ). If you cannot advance your single-player career without "kills" and you cannot avoid "0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0" points on the multiplayer stats and you cannot use it to contribute to your player medals/awards, then people simply do not persevere without any recognition.

I certainly don't consider myself to be a stat whore, but I believe wholeheartedly in player-incentive.   The developers failed pretty badly with the Ju-52 on that.  Especially considering how many different roles it played in the war, and they couldn't credit a player for any of them.  Imagine for example if every fighter except the 109 could register a kill.  People would be howling. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Totally agree with you @Feathered_IV

As human being , we need recognition.

When we are working, it is money so we can live properly.

When we are playing, it is score, points (already included on the first video games)

Of course , it is not primordial to play and have fun, 

But it is capital to make people play in the long term.

• Upvote 2

I am very happy to learn that the po2 project is on the correct rails and on its way to be a reality. Thanks for this great project.:salute:

• Upvote 1

Holly crap! this is so fantastic! You guys have chosen the right third party dev! 

This U2/po2 looks stunning! 

I hope this partnership will bring more transport/liaison planes,

It would be one of the best thing for IL2 great Battles franchise!

Edited by 1./TG1_Nil

Wauw, it looks almost as if the team has experience modelling double-deckers....  🙂

Great-looking plane.

Looks great! I'm seeing a difference in the engine in one of the shots. Does this signify an engine variant or some sort of other mod?

12 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I certainly don't consider myself to be a stat whore, but I believe wholeheartedly in player-incentive.   The developers failed pretty badly with the Ju-52 on that.  Especially considering how many different roles it played in the war, and they couldn't credit a player for any of them.  Imagine for example if every fighter except the 109 could register a kill.  People would be howling. 

You really nailed it here.  i am so hoping that improvements to scoRing, COOP, and MP mission design will drive the market for these planes.  

13 hours ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

Equipment, yes... but also points.

Flying supply missions will only be a novelty if pilots don't feel they are getting credit for it somehow. It will happen once or twice but without a leader board or a way to recognise a pilots contribution to the campaign or war effort, they will drift off to other aeroplane types or even other games. ( Same applies to the Ju-52 and Li-2 : Ref...  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/36403-li-2c-47/?tab=comments#comment-613222  ). If you cannot advance your single-player career without "kills" and you cannot avoid "0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0" points on the multiplayer stats and you cannot use it to contribute to your player medals/awards, then people simply do not persevere without any recognition.

Flying pilot rescue missions in MP to recover captured pilots and "uncapture" them would be a cool mission option if the stats parsers supported it.  A trigger that pops a flare in the vicinity of the downed pilot, a timer, and landing and takeoff to trigger the rescue would be awesome.  You could do it to rescue your own pilot streak.

• Upvote 2

Po-2 is looking amazing - stunning!

I seem to be detecting more polys in recent aircraft models (going back to Kuban release).

I can’t see obvious faceting on cowlings, engine cylinders and such, unlike the Moscow aircraft and before.

The texturing on that model is top-drawer as well. Things are getting better and better. Nice job!

• Upvote 1

On 6/16/2018 at 6:33 PM, Finkeren said:

Jason did say, that it was likely it would take time since everything has to be double checked and it’s being made by a team that has to learn as they go along.

Are you sure they're not making tanks instead?

1 hour ago, Y-29.Silky said:

Are you sure they're not making tanks instead?

I think Sita is making the Po-2 and the tanks are by some as yet unnamed team.  

57 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

...some as yet unnamed team.  

Why not just call them the Tank Crew?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Here is an amazing first person view of flying the Po-2. Hopefully the devs will check these videos out.

I can hardly wait!

Edited by P51DMatt

Yeah, it's time to let us throw some money at you guys again 😁

2 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I think Sita is making the Po-2 and the tanks are by some as yet unnamed team.  

Sita, as in the guy from Daidalos Team?  That is really cool then.

44 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Yeah, it's time to let us throw some money at you guys again 😁

Yes, need something new to buy to test buying stuff on website, with my new 3.004 steam integration.  Surely that's a good enough reason for start pre - orders :)