Sign in to follow this  
AeroAce

MW50 Tech Chat?

Would it be possible to have a tech chat msg for when MW50 is actually on and was it actually automatically applied when going past a certain throttle stop like in game or did the pilot have to manually switch it on?

Ps I know that the little gauge of the left under the tail lock is the indicator of the MW50 I just think for the completeness of tech chat it should say if it is on or not.

Ps no posts about fly full real or don't use tech chat ........... it is a feature I like and it seems lacking in this area.

• Upvote 1

The system could be switched on manually by the pilot. In game it is always on. As there's no real point in switching it off, I don't think there's a problem with that. Simply because either way, MW50 injection starts only when you go past combat power. You can look at power percentage, or power setting. There's an information when the system is not working properly, "low pressure". While it's not as gamey as it was back in the day, it probably is more useful this way.

The reason it’s important is, that the MW50 is only activated once the throttle is pushed to 100%, meaning that if you accidentally only set the throttle to 99% you just have the engine on “normal” emergency mode, which will destroy your engine in a little over one minute.

That's what the low pressure warning is for.

27 minutes ago, JtD said:

That's what the low pressure warning is for.

No, the low pressure warning is for telling you when the MW50 has run out - not when the MW50 is not engaged.

For me the low pressure warning is allways there when the throttle go into emergency mode, so way before 100% throttle. And my throttle do swing between 100% and about 90% on its own. Throttle is working fine with all other planes than G-14.

Edited by VesseL

1 hour ago, Finkeren said:

No, the low pressure warning is for telling you when the MW50 has run out - not when the MW50 is not engaged.

In the game I am playing the message comes up when I go over combat power, but MW50 is not being injected.

5 minutes ago, JtD said:

In the game I am playing the message comes up when I go over combat power, but MW50 is not being injected.

Hmmmmm will have to double check. That seems odd.

What is the low pressure warning? Is it tech chat or an instrument because I have not seen that? 

I think you know when MW50 is on by the round gauge under  the tail wheel lock on the left side of the cockpit reading anything but zero, is that correct? This gauge defo starts to move before 100% throttle. 

Even if I am correct and know how to read it from the instruments I would still like it to have a tech chat msg so for completeness.

Also from my very limmited experience with the DCS 109 I seem to remember that you had to turn it on and off which I think would be good to have as there would be no confusion as to whether it is on or not and would save you from accidently using it. All other aircraft with a separate boost system have it as a on off action so why not here? 

Edited by AeroAce

When you've run the MW50 too long it will give you the low pressure message. I've also found if I engage it at certain flight attitudes (steep climb, hard turn, inverted) I also get it occasionally, or if I haven't given the engine proper time to cool down from the last usage. 

WHat is the button (german description in options) to activate it ??

I was wondering there was no massage on the right side but now i know why