"Fire and Ice" - Bf 110 E-2 Scripted Campaign

• 3 months later...

I tried the editor trick (ctrl-a, shift+pgupx5) and campaign indeed does start, but the group spawns in forest right next to the airfield. Flight leader tried to taxi heroically and cut down like eight trees in process. I was stuck between trees and couldn't move at all. I wonder how hard it might be to change the spawn points (mid air maybe?) and get the campaign working again? I'd love to play this, I'm a sucker for Bf110 😁

On 7/20/2020 at 5:26 AM, NETSCAPE said:

Someone else will have to carry the banner on this one.

I've barely played this game in the last year. If AI gets improved I'll happily come back and create content for us ground-pounders.

I'm busy working on strategy game content.

Hi Netscape! Develpers made improvements to AI in the last update! Coud you check it please and tell us if there is a chance to bring back Siren of Death or your others proyects/campaings with HS129 and Bf-110? 😎

https://il2sturmovik.com/news/586/update-4502/

"Aircraft AI corrections
54. An AI issue that could cause a fighter AI to be unable to engage a slowly moving target flying in a circle has been fixed;
55. An AI issue that could cause an excessive error in aiming the forward-firing armament at the ground and air targets (especially in a frontal aerial attack) has been eliminated;
56. Heavy aircraft will use the differential brakes after landing correctly to turn to a taxiway, preventing unintentional turns;
57. An AI issue that could make the bombers unable to start a bombing run after a failed first bombing run has been fixed;
58. U-2VS AI pilot can fire unguided rockets at the ground targets;
59. AI pilots attacking a ground target from a high altitude will reduce the altitude in a downward spiral first;
60. AI pilots now try to reduce the G-load they experience in order to prevent loss of consciousness if their condition is deteriorated due to fatigue or other factors"

• Upvote 1
On 11/2/2020 at 12:20 AM, Hauki7 said:

I tried the editor trick (ctrl-a, shift+pgupx5) and campaign indeed does start, but the group spawns in forest right next to the airfield. Flight leader tried to taxi heroically and cut down like eight trees in process. I was stuck between trees and couldn't move at all. I wonder how hard it might be to change the spawn points (mid air maybe?) and get the campaign working again? I'd love to play this, I'm a sucker for Bf110 😁

sounds like the map must have been changed

On 11/7/2020 at 10:11 AM, renpacro said:

Hi Netscape! Develpers made improvements to AI in the last update! Coud you check it please and tell us if there is a chance to bring back Siren of Death or your others proyects/campaings with HS129 and Bf-110? 😎

https://il2sturmovik.com/news/586/update-4502/

"Aircraft AI corrections
54. An AI issue that could cause a fighter AI to be unable to engage a slowly moving target flying in a circle has been fixed;
55. An AI issue that could cause an excessive error in aiming the forward-firing armament at the ground and air targets (especially in a frontal aerial attack) has been eliminated;
56. Heavy aircraft will use the differential brakes after landing correctly to turn to a taxiway, preventing unintentional turns;
57. An AI issue that could make the bombers unable to start a bombing run after a failed first bombing run has been fixed;
58. U-2VS AI pilot can fire unguided rockets at the ground targets;
59. AI pilots attacking a ground target from a high altitude will reduce the altitude in a downward spiral first;
60. AI pilots now try to reduce the G-load they experience in order to prevent loss of consciousness if their condition is deteriorated due to fatigue or other factors"

I have not been playing IL-2 let alone working on content. I'd like to start doing Staffel sized fly outs with people again for LW attack/bombers once Starlink internet arrives out here on the farm... 

Who knows, maybe I'll get back into it (would have to get used to all the new editor changes that I am unaware of). If suddenly AI works "decent" enough again - Stuka missions priority above everything else. 

EDIT: did some testing. I got a whole Staffel to actually drop bombs on a target, but from 2000+m altitude. not acceptable. 

a different test resulted in a ketten attacking tanks, they all nose dived into the ground... so things aren't looking any better. didn't even bother with taxi/take off & climb tests... back to strategy & racing games... 

Edited by NETSCAPE
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...
On 7/20/2020 at 1:26 PM, NETSCAPE said:

Someone else will have to carry the banner on this one.

I've barely played this game in the last year. If AI gets improved I'll happily come back and create content for us ground-pounders.

I'm busy working on strategy game content.

Try my tool...

Deci

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...