NETSCAPE

"Fire and Ice" - Bf 110 E-2 Scripted Campaign

Thank you so much. I'm just in the middle of the campaign, but it is a lot of fun. I like also the story and mission description. A great work. Thumps up. 👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 12/8/2018 at 6:32 PM, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

Starting this campaign :) First mission and a lot of fun ...

In mission 5  ... This is an immersive well-written story. Thumbs up! :)

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

In mission 5  ... This is an immersive well-written story. Thumbs up! :)

Thanks. It was the first time I had wrote a story since high school... I usually write music not words so I know it's not the best :)

I just bought Battle of Moscow DLC today specifically so I can enjoy this scripted campaign. But before I give it a go,  I have to learn how to fly the BF 110!  Just by reading the post in this thread, this campaign truly looks epic. 

• Upvote 2

Just finished the second mission.  Wow!  Very intense action.  Had my right rudder shot off and didn't use enough rudder trim which caused a rather rough landing.  I must say, I really appreciate your mission briefings. Seems like you are a natural story writer.  Your story telling transports me from the here and now, to the artic cold of the1942 Russian Front. Looking forward to continuing the campaign.  It's obvious a lot of hard work has gone into this. Thanks!

Alan

307960_screenshots_20190124154116_1.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2019 at 1:02 AM, Pensfanvw said:

I just bought Battle of Moscow DLC today specifically so I can enjoy this scripted campaign. But before I give it a go,  I have to learn how to fly the BF 110!  Just by reading the post in this thread, this campaign truly looks epic. 

Since there is no real up-to-date documentation, I'd advise you to watch "The Air Combat Tutorial Library" channel on youtube, it shows a tutorial for each plane, fight and attack techniques, and other very useful information!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwV5RLX7mkaDy5gTIiuwGmg

Edited by Redglyph

Redglyph,

I found Requiem's videos to be an excellent resource.  Thanks for the tip!

Alan

To any of you guys that enjoyed "Sirens of Death" or "Fire and Ice" please consider checking out and following this thread:

I am done making singleplayer content. 

I was really enjoying this campaign until the latest update -3.001. I don't think it's anything to do with your work but this campaign and Panzerknacker took a hit.

Any ideas?

Just tried to complete a flight in Fire & Ice scripted campaign and when I checked the mission map my mouse and keyboard input was lost. The mouse was frozen in the lower right corner. I exited the map and went back to flying the mission and landing. I was then unable to Escape and thus get credit for accomplishments as no keyboard input was effective. Re-flew the mission and same result after looking at mission map during flight. I also noticed that if I pressed F2 to check out the handsome skins provided and returned to my cockpit F1 that the next time I pressed F2 it would show the next plane in the flight and not mine. F1 gets me back to my cockpit but F2 will not  show my plane's exterior view after the first view.

I deleted F&I and re-downloaded it but problem was still there. I then went into Mission Editor tools and refreshed it with no success either.

I don't fly the sim to look at myself just thought it might give a clue as to what the problem is. I only saw this so far in Fire & Ice and Panzerknacker scripted campaigns. Butcher Bird campaign was not effected so the problem is not across the board.

It's weird. Whenever some random issue comes up it's not across the board with all players either. I have no idea.

In the mean time join the CO-OP events and lets blow some shit up. :)

• Like 1

That's why I was flying the Panzerknacker campaign. To get prepared for your Co-Op event this weekend.

The Hs129 has a 'Boost' function but it doesn't seem to do very much. lol

Just now, Gordon200 said:

That's why I was flying the Panzerknacker campaign. To get prepared for your Co-Op event this weekend.

The Hs129 has a 'Boost' function but it doesn't seem to do very much. lol

Yeah it took me a long time to realize that it had manual pitch control mode. So you can fly long distance at a max continuous instead of combat power. In the case of upcoming CO-OP I'd say combat mode straight from take off to targets and through attack... only continuous/manual prop pitch during RTB.

Also, if you're planning on coming along post in that thread to get on the list. bring friends if ya got em. Lets set a Hs 129 fly-out record. 

7 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

Yeah it took me a long time to realize that it had manual pitch control mode. So you can fly long distance at a max continuous instead of combat power. In the case of upcoming CO-OP I'd say combat mode straight from take off to targets and through attack... only continuous/manual prop pitch during RTB.

Also, if you're planning on coming along post in that thread to get on the list. bring friends if ya got em. Lets set a Hs 129 fly-out record. 

The 129 overheats on summer maps and prolonged use of combat power, so better to run it cool in transit to have some reserve of cooling capacity for the actual combat.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OpticFlow said:

The 129 overheats on summer maps and prolonged use of combat power, so better to run it cool in transit to have some reserve of cooling capacity for the actual combat.

You're under-estimating the distance to targets... We barely have enough time to climb, let alone cruise at max continuous. :)

I suppose we should take this conversation to the co-op thread though...

Edited by NETSCAPE

Well, I got my joytokey problem(s) sorted out and was able to complete the campaign start to finish last night.

Wonderfully written and very immersive. The narrative speaks of experience with the personal struggles of war and the aftermath.

Bravo