Han

Developer Diary, Part 194 - Discussion

2 hours ago, EAF_Starfire said:

I have seen many WIP for aircrafts, but the Dora makes my stomach turn every time 😎

👨‍👧👍

29 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Bubble canopy Thunderbolts were by far the most common variant at this time, so it's not a surprise at all that they chose the D-28.

Yeah I love the razorback for its look but a bubble-top fits better (and we'll all be thankful for the visibility when Fritz is on our 6). Maybe a future collector plane...D-28 is a good sub-variant to go with I think. Now at least we know which one we'll get!

Fantastic work, thank you! Excited for the new editions...but really, really excited for the P-38! 😉

Why did we get the P-47D-28 instead of the P-47D-30? It'd be nice to have a modification upgrade to the D-30.

Edited by DSR_T-888

Does the jug have 8 50 cals????? I think I have found my new plane of choice. 

2 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

Does the jug have 8 50 cals????? I think I have found my new plane of choice. 

Yes.

Nice middle of the road model blocks for both the P-47 and P-51. I think most will be happy with those choices. I do hope the fin fillet will be made an option for the P-47.

Thanks for this update. Things are looking very good.

2 hours ago, Madcop said:

"3D artist department works on several aircraft at once - P-47D-28, Fw 190 D-9, P-51D-15, Me 262 A, Hawker Tempest Mk.V series 2 and Bf 109 K-4 - some of them are nearly finished while the work on others just started."

And that's the problem. Instead of turning new ACs like hotdogs, they should take more care at what they are doing and spend more time watching their references and pictures. I could be wrong but I think that the 3D Model must be something easier to come closer to the reality than a FM. I just hope these new models will be better that the G-6 and G-14. But looking at the Fw 190D-9 WIP I am not too optimistic !

Madcop :unsure:

Instead of leaving backhanded whiny posts open a thread in the appropriate section with all the documentation required to fix the issues you think exist with the models.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 14

1 hour ago, Legioneod said:

I'm assuming the P-47 will come after the 190A-8, August-September perhaps? I don't see it coming sooner than that but I hope I'm wrong.

P-51 and P-47 can handle it, the K-4 isn't some crazy uber plane, it has it's weaknesses just like every other aircraft.

We won't be seeing the map till the end of the year imo if we're lucky, it may take longer than that.

Thanks for DD! I can wait, I'm patient, but have to say I'm tempted to start smoking again. So hurry if you can...

They have the new map tech now, so maybe and hopefully we'll see the map earlier than we would expect. great map it will be. Nice landscape. Does this DD mean that it's going to be Dora and Jug next. How about the surprise factor. It might be P-51 and Dora. The most popular ones.

Splendid news!

Now we're getting somewhere !

Would be nice to see these appear in the East as well,

all we then need are a Yak-3 and P-39Q plus a Poland and/or Kurland map 😉

Edited by Roast
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Roast said:

Would be nice to see these appear in the East as well,

all we then need are a Yak-3 and P-39Q plus a Poland and/or Kurland map 😉

The P-39-Q would be a very nice collector plane, indeed. Not better in everything but would offer few extra possibilities in addition to the L.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm excited for the new planes, but I'm a bit wary that there was no update about the career improvements that are supposed to come this month. They must have been pushed back.

2 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Hopefully at 9 or 11lb boost, given that 122 Wing was operating the later models from at least December onward.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/tempest/sabrecurve.jpg

Yes, should be 11lbs boost if we are to cover the BoBP period and be on a par with the LW aircraft types of that period too.  Chasing down the Me 262 was a task for the Tempest V @ 11 lbs boost.

Happy landings,

Talisman

3 hours ago, Legioneod said:

I'm assuming the P-47 will come after the 190A-8, August-September perhaps? I don't see it coming sooner than that but I hope I'm wrong.

P-51 and P-47 can handle it, the K-4 isn't some crazy uber plane, it has it's weaknesses just like every other aircraft.

We won't be seeing the map till the end of the year imo if we're lucky, it may take longer than that.

The K-4 is basically a G-10. He is right the JUG and the Mustang will have no issue fighting. And the Jug has EIGHT guns too. It's like a flying shotgun.

• Haha 1

Request dev's please give us confirmation regarding provision of Sabre IIB engine with 11 lbs boost for the Tempest V, as per late 1944 and the 1945 BoBP +  period.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.  I stand to be corrected by an expert, but I believe the 11 lbs boost did not need 150 Octane fuel.  Nothing to do with 150 Octane at all.

Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman
  • Upvote 1

The FW A models do nothing for me but the Dora - what a beauty. And the -47; both childhood favorites. It's nice to see their "physical" incarnations coming along well. 

Absolutely great news. I´m impressed about the fast progress with the 3d models. Love to hear we can try the Fw 190A8 next. This should be a real firepower monster. I´m wondering if you also model the A8/R2 variant with 2 MK 108 in the wings ? That one should be a real bomber killer.

6 hours ago, Madcop said:

I just hope these new models will be better that the G-6 and G-14. But looking at the Fw 190D-9 WIP I am not too optimistic !

Madcop :unsure:

What exactly is wrong with the G-6 and G-14 ?

Edited by sevenless

1 hour ago, 8./SG1_SPEKTRE76 said:

The K-4 is basically a G-10. He is right the JUG and the Mustang will have no issue fighting. And the Jug has EIGHT guns too. It's like a flying shotgun.

A G-10 that has about about 20mph extra speed in a straight line due to improved aerodynamics and retains the rocket-like climbing characteristics all the way to 20,000ft.

There is a reason why the K-4 is seen as such a difficult opponent in DCS, it's a pretty slick airframe like the Mustang so retains energy well, but has a lot higher power to weight ratio.

Edited by RoflSeal

7 hours ago, BlackHellHound1 said:

Those new planes look good! And so does the progress!

Looking forward to the day I can start skinning the new planes! There are so many cool skins to make with them!

TOTALLY with you on that sentiment BHH!

3 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Instead of leaving backhanded whiny posts open a thread in the appropriate section with all the documentation required to fix the issues you think exist with the models.

I WHOLEheartedly agree JM! I couldn't have put it better myself although I probably COULD'VE put it a tad less diplomatically than your good self!!

• Upvote 3

No lie, that D-9 is enough to get my blood pressure up. It's one of the aircraft I am most excited about, up with the K-4 and P-38. I am also pretty pumped to be getting the A-8 next though. I am very anxious to see the difference in game between the armament of the A-3/5 and the A-8. The two MG151/20 replacing the MG FF and two MG 131 (which, IMO, is the best performing HMG in game) is going to increase the effect on target two fold. It will well and truly live up to the moniker 'Butcher Bird'.

1 hour ago, sevenless said:

Absolutely great news. I´m impressed about the fast progress with the 3d models. Love to hear we can try the Fw 190A8 next. This should be a real firepower monster. I´m wondering if you also model the A8/R2 variant with 2 MK 108 in the wings ? That one should be a real bomber killer.

What exactly is wrong with the G-6 and G-14 ?

Look at a 109G-6 or G-14. Try to find a picture showing you the compressor air intake and look carefully at the shape and size of it. Now compare that to the 3D model.

They simply took the one of the F model , and this is wrong. That may sound nit-picking , but it's one of the characteristic of the G model. With the G-10 and K models , this was even bigger!

But I'll shut up otherwise…,after all a Bf 109G-6 looks like a Bf 109F when spotting it at 500M. Why should we care ? Who cares for all these differences… you maybe,  I for sure!

Suppose they had forgotten the "Beule" on the wings and on the MGs… would you have been happy ? Well , the compressor air intake has the same importance...

I just hope they still can rectify this on the G-10 and K models, but it looks like they do not really care. Hope to be wrong.

Madcop.:huh:

Madcop, they had several parts of the MiG-3 incorrectly modeled for the 3D model, someone pointed them out, and they were fixed. If there's a problem with the compressor air intake, point it out - it will get fixed. You're acting like's a sin against your bloodline or something.

For everyone else that knows the P47 - are those cuffed props and won't that help low speed cooling? In the vertical for example?

• Upvote 4

Bodenplatte contain a huge set of warbirds....all them will be fantastic to fly !!

1 hour ago, FuriousMeow said:

Madcop, they had several parts of the MiG-3 incorrectly modeled for the 3D model, someone pointed them out, and they were fixed. If there's a problem with the compressor air intake, point it out - it will get fixed. You're acting like's a sin against your bloodline or something.

For everyone else that knows the P47 - are those cuffed props and won't that help low speed cooling? In the vertical for example?

I thought the cuffed prop was to better the climb rate?

7 hours ago, RoflSeal said:

P-47 and P-38 are high altitude only planes however

Hard to beat a Jug up high, but it was used plenty down in the weeds as was the P-38.

The Jug shined as a CAS aircraft, turn performance against the 109 notwithstanding, it certainly wasn't a "high altitude only" aircraft.

In fact it was used almost exclusively at lower altitudes later in the war.

1 hour ago, Madcop said:

I just hope they still can rectify this on the G-10 and K models, but it looks like they do not really care. Hope to be wrong.

Madcop.:huh:

Maybe I missed it but I didn't think the G-10 had been mentioned as being an upcoming addition? If it isn't to be included, the 3D model shouldn't be a concern. ;)

1 minute ago, Rjel said:

Maybe I missed it but I didn't think the G-10 had been mentioned as being an upcoming addition? If it isn't to be included, the 3D model shouldn't be a concern. ;)

No, the G-10 hasn't been mentioned as an addition at this time. Otherwise, yes, the best way to have errors in the 3D model corrected is to post comparison shots showing what's wrong and how it should look instead. Besides the MiG-3, the Ju 52 and Spitfire IX models have been corrected following this very procedure.

2 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Hard to beat a Jug up high, but it was used plenty down in the weeds as was the P-38.

The Jug shined as a CAS aircraft, turn performance against the 109 notwithstanding, it certainly wasn't a "high altitude only" aircraft.

In fact it was used almost exclusively at lower altitudes later in the war.

A great documentary about the P-47 is A Fighter Pilot's Story with Quentin Aanenson. Aanenson did a great job narrating his story. It is or was on DVD. Well worth watching.    

• Upvote 2